Any nickel and diming DLC or just the Digital Collector's Edition Upgrade?

#1nuskooIPosted 6/19/2013 4:14:45 PM
Is the PS3 digital collector's edition upgrade confirmed yet? $20 extra ($60), right? Do we pay for it via PSN, GameSlop or Squeenix's website? Is it better to just go with the physical collector's edition for $20 more ($80)? Because we don't get the cool choco armor, and that other stuff if we don't buy this.

Any nickel and diming in the game at all, for extra characters or anything, on top of the $13 a month?
---
DMC Dante DOES what DmC Donte DONTE
#2mmelzer2004Posted 6/19/2013 4:32:35 PM
WYSIWYG

Wow, haven't seen that in a while, let alone typed it...
---
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3 Beta)
Level 11 Thaumaturge
#3Angelfire456Posted 6/19/2013 4:35:05 PM
nuskooI posted...
Is the PS3 digital collector's edition upgrade confirmed yet? $20 extra ($60), right? Do we pay for it via PSN, GameSlop or Squeenix's website? Is it better to just go with the physical collector's edition for $20 more ($80)? Because we don't get the cool choco armor, and that other stuff if we don't buy this.

Any nickel and diming in the game at all, for extra characters or anything, on top of the $13 a month?

There will be a PS3 download but no word yet on when or if by launch. So safer to buy the physical if you want it at launch and the early access for preordering.

Think the digital upgrade is PC only but not sure and no clue how long it will be available. Its possible they could make a PS3 upgrade when the download becomes available.

Closest thing to nickel and dime is $13 gets you 1 character per server and I think $15 gets you 8 per server. Since you can be any class/job on 1 character its not a big deal and space issues are not really an issue so far with the armory for equipment.
---
PSN: Sebastian456
#4nuskooI(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 4:41:21 PM
mmelzer2004 posted...
WYSIWYG

Wow, haven't seen that in a while, let alone typed it...

I do not know the slang of you kids these days. Not sure what that means.

Angelfire456 posted...
There will be a PS3 download but no word yet on when or if by launch. So safer to buy the physical if you want it at launch and the early access for preordering.

I'm not really sure what that one time use key keychain does exactly. Is that worth it? I know it's supposed to be for added security. I might buy the physical and then just sell all the physical CE junk.

Angelfire456 posted...
Closest thing to nickel and dime is $13 gets you 1 character per server and I think $15 gets you 8 per server. Since you can be any class/job on 1 character its not a big deal and space issues are not really an issue so far with the armory for equipment.

What is the advantage to having more than 1 character on a server? You can give your other characters items and stuff or what?
---
#5mmelzer2004Posted 6/19/2013 4:44:02 PM(edited)
What you see is what you get.

That's oldskool, maybe why it went over your head =P

And yea, the "one time password" thing is an authenticator, much like Blizzard uses for security.
---
Level 11 Thaumaturge
#6nuskooI(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 4:48:02 PM
mmelzer2004 posted...
What you see is what you get.

That's oldskool, maybe why it went over your head =P

nuskool is now oldschool though.

anyhow, i haven't heard someone say that for so long. I even googled the acronym but nothing seemed to come up for it.

mmelzer2004 posted...
And yea, the "one time password" thing is an authenticator, much like Blizzard uses for security.

How does it work? One time? Like if someone steals your account, you put in that code? I don't get it.

Is it worth it?
---
#7mmelzer2004Posted 6/19/2013 4:50:34 PM
Its a randomly generated code that you put in when you log in. Each time it will be different, hence the "One time" part.

Its an added layer of security in the day of keyloggers. Not sure how much use it would be to a PS3 player... but I could imagine the purpose being that you'll be going on your computer from time to time and logging in.
---
Level 11 Thaumaturge
#8nuskooI(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 4:57:33 PM
mmelzer2004 posted...
Its a randomly generated code that you put in when you log in. Each time it will be different, hence the "One time" part.

You have to do that EVERY time you log in?

isn't that a pain?
---
#9mmelzer2004Posted 6/19/2013 4:59:43 PM
I'd imagine it would be every time.

Depends on the person. Someone who has had issues with accounts before would value that inconvenience over someone who never has.
---
Level 11 Thaumaturge
#10nuskooI(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 5:02:08 PM
mmelzer2004 posted...
I'd imagine it would be every time.

Depends on the person. Someone who has had issues with accounts before would value that inconvenience over someone who never has.

What happens if someone hacks/steals your account? They ruin your character, like get rid of all the super rare items, spend all your gil, etc.?

The people who get their account stolen, are they SOL? What happens?

So, I guess I'll probably buy the physical CE and sell the rest of the physical items on ebay or something.
---