main story missions are solo?

#1antoinejonesPosted 6/22/2013 9:32:07 PM
thats dumb so when we start fighting the garlean empire/emperor were gonna be fighting him/them solo? what happened to taking down the big bad boss guy with a partyt?

fighting promathia, tenzen, the weapons etcetc in XI wouldn't have been half as fun done solo
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#2CrossRavenPosted 6/22/2013 9:33:33 PM
DOT DOT DOT keep playing.
---
"Give me a Y....Give me an R....Give me a Break" - Yuna, Rikku and Paine
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Cross Raven
#3antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2013 10:27:33 PM
CrossRaven posted...

so then youre saying there are story battles that are done with a party? (besides Ifrit)?
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#4Javelin_ChimeraPosted 6/23/2013 1:59:59 AM
You'll have enough party junk to make you sick after lvl 15.
#5Bestia_SomniaPosted 6/23/2013 2:14:11 AM
antoinejones posted...
CrossRaven posted...

so then youre saying there are story battles that are done with a party? (besides Ifrit)?

Copperbell Mines, Tam-Tara, ect.
---
http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1554077/
#6antoinejones(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 9:28:58 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
antoinejones posted...
CrossRaven posted...

Copperbell Mines, Tam-Tara, ect.

and those are actually story create (i,e has cutscenes or story moving/progressing dialogue afterwadrs) and not just an instanced dungeon you can repeat a million times whos sole purpose is for leveling?
---
#7SithLordShuyinkPosted 6/23/2013 9:38:26 AM
Correct. Those Dungeons are story related and requires a group of 4 to do them. Can't continue without them. So its safe to say that big important boss fights will require a team.
---
"Mother schmother... it's Jenova's friggin' head." - Reno
#8XenoyPosted 6/23/2013 9:43:24 AM(edited)
At antoinejones:

They're story missions and after you've completed them once you can repeat them as instanced dungeons. They don't contribute that much to the main story, though (only a bit). At this point I too would say it would feel a bit wrong if the fights against the Garlean empire were solo only. However, it looks to me that the primal fights, for example, are party fights and I'm pretty sure they'll tie in to the story. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think the original XIV had instanced party fights against the important guys too which you could repeat after completing them the first time. All these facts make me confident that SE will handle all this stuff well enough. I'd say you can rest assured for now too :)