Final Fantasy XIV vs. Elder Scrolls Online

#1ZhaoDunPosted 6/23/2013 2:47:34 PM
Overall FF XIV vs ESO - Results (266 votes)
Final Fantasy XIV
83.46% (222 votes)
Elder Scrolls Online
16.54% (44 votes)
This poll is now closed.
aside from the poll here are some side topics of conversation for this topic.

Which one do you think will be overall more popular?

Which one are you most anxious for the release of?

Which one do you think will hold your interest longer?

Which one would you pay the standard price of $14.99 a month to play?

Is there one that you wish would do better but actually think the other will out perform?

please weigh in on any or all of these and if you have an FF XIV vs ESO question to add to the topic feel free
---
"That is why Zhao Zilong was waiting for me. You better not approach nearer." Said Zhuge Liang to Xu Sheng and Ding Feng as they neared his boat.
#2K4P_LinkPosted 6/23/2013 2:50:37 PM
I can already tell but ESO is going to fail miserably.
#3GENERALJA0Posted 6/23/2013 2:55:44 PM
Yea I don't think eso stood a chance since this is the ffxiv ARR board.

With that said I haven't seen anything appealing about eso yet. I can make a better judgement once I get my hands on it if I'm not too busy with this game...
---
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...
PSN- DeaDja0 XBL - KiLLER JA0
#4hiphopheraldPosted 6/23/2013 2:56:33 PM
can anyone post a pro/con for each that covers the MMO fundamentals and exclusive mechanics to reduce favoritism?

obviously a majority of the people here are going to vote XIV, but some incentives wouldn't hurt for what each game is bringing to the market.
---
Red Black Green - http://youtu.be/j6wNDdCXVxM
#5K4P_LinkPosted 6/23/2013 3:01:58 PM
ESO just seems like a gimmicky fad. There's a reason none of the Elder Scrolls games have had a multiplayer option in the past.
---
Ever Infinity
#6Tricked Out HoroPosted 6/23/2013 3:03:03 PM
TESO looks incredibly mediocre, and shouldn't exist in the first place.
---
Stop trying to make fetch happen.
PSN: TrickedOutHoro
#7ZhaoDun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:03:52 PM
let me preface what i'm about to say with this:

I love Final Fantasy games been a loyal FF fan ever since the first American title release for the NES it has been my favorite console based rpg for many years.

however the final fantasy world and gameplay that its made its reputation on does not naturally yield itself to an mmo and making an mmo does not give me the FF experience i'm used to, and although I still really like it I don't think it is as good as an mmo as a console rpg

if I take the game by itself and don't compare it to FF console games then it is a fun and enjoyable mmorpg all on its own

but the elder scrolls games are also very fun and enjoyable and their open play style was always like a great mmorpg that for some reason was only available as a single player game. Their world is vast and immersive the random quests you can walk up on and find great weapons like the aeylid dungeon where you find Umbra's Sword and armor in elder scrolls plus a most times good driving main story and guild stories that you can take a break from either anytime and then pick them back up, it just screams great mmorpg plus the battle system is more enjoyable and more like DDO which is a battle system I greatly prefer.

I think this community will probably vote hands down for FF XIV

I think ESO will have a much larger player base and I think it will have much greater commercial success and make a ton more money.
---
"That is why Zhao Zilong was waiting for me. You better not approach nearer." Said Zhuge Liang to Xu Sheng and Ding Feng as they neared his boat.
#8ZhaoDun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:15:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9ZhaoDun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:18:56 PM
K4P_Link posted...
ESO just seems like a gimmicky fad. There's a reason none of the Elder Scrolls games have had a multiplayer option in the past.

the elder scrolls games have been around for quite a while now and definitely not a fad. They have a very significant following. The last two elder scroll console releases greatly outperformed all recent FF releases in sales.

plus there aren't many games that started as console games and converted to mmorpgs most mmos are created completely new from scratch and not converted from single player to mmorpg. they are using a world that has already been created and is loved by there fans and a larger and more expansive world than any mmorpg in existance
---
#10ZhaoDun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:20:34 PM
Tricked Out Horo posted...
TESO looks incredibly mediocre, and shouldn't exist in the first place.

can you back this up in any way, what do you think looks mediocre about it, you are entitled to your opinion i'm just curious about your reasons
---