level 15, where/how do you dye gear?

#11K4P_LinkPosted 6/24/2013 7:18:12 PM(edited)
KojiSakujin posted...
K4P_Link posted...
It baffled me how many people were asking where to find orange juice...instead of actually trying to find it themselves. It took me a sec after I go that quest but then I used logic and went to that bar in blackbrush or w/e its called...not that hard.

To be fair, I had to ask a friend where to buy it as well. Despite what you call "logic", it's hard to posses such a thing when you've never even visited to the place in question. Not once had I encountered a vendor up to that point which was selling orange juice. I'm only focusing on my Lancer job, so I had no use for the other vendors outside of the one selling potions, weapons, armour, and the repair vendor.

So yeah... It may not be that hard, but it's hardly fair to expect everyone to share the same knowledge you have. That would be like me insulting you for not understanding something about a Lancer specific quest that you had no interest in until it was brought to your attention.

Mm yea that's fair enough. I suppose I was naively going on the assumption everyone doing the quest was from UI'Dah. I'll rephrase -- anyone from Ul'Dah doing that and asked for help should try a little harder next time before giving up.
---
Ever Infinity - Immortal Flames
Looking to start a Free Company -- PM if interested!
#12Double O NegroPosted 6/24/2013 7:27:12 PM
I have yet to complete this quest as well, thanks for the people who answered. I have one more question to add, can you re dye the same item multiple times?
---
"Dont blame me, blame yourself or your God!!" -Delita(Final Fantasy Tactics)
#13XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 6/24/2013 7:28:42 PM
Double O Negro posted...
I have yet to complete this quest as well, thanks for the people who answered. I have one more question to add, can you re dye the same item multiple times?

Yep, there's also an item you can use to remove dye if you want the natural colour.

Sadly I looked at it in the shade options and thought it would make my Armour black, but it didn't. D:

I guess black is too badass to add as a customization option right now.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#14K4P_LinkPosted 6/24/2013 7:30:19 PM(edited)
Double O Negro posted...

Yep! There is even a "dye" to revert it back to its original color. Though not every item can be dyed.

Damn...ninja'd :(
---
Ever Infinity - Immortal Flames
Looking to start a Free Company -- PM if interested!
#15GLAMPIREPosted 6/24/2013 9:14:39 PM
I did this quest last weekend, but couldn't find the black dye at all. Is it in the beta? Closest I could find (When looking in all the cities) was charcoal grey. Anyone find the black dye?
---
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp
#16KojiSakujinPosted 6/24/2013 9:21:52 PM
GLAMPIRE posted...
I did this quest last weekend, but couldn't find the black dye at all. Is it in the beta? Closest I could find (When looking in all the cities) was charcoal grey. Anyone find the black dye?

http://imgur.com/a/rvB1u

If you don't see it, we don't have it.
---
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: ARR (Beta) (PS3)
PSN: TetsuyaHikari / Youtube: GamingHeroTetsuya
#17GLAMPIREPosted 6/24/2013 9:24:08 PM
KojiSakujin posted...
GLAMPIRE posted...

Very cool. Thank you for the link.
---
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp
#18XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 6/24/2013 9:24:56 PM
The closest we're gonna get to black right now is Ink Blue.

Black may not be available for a while if at all. Would be sad never to see it, but as I said, may be too badass looking. >_>
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#19GLAMPIREPosted 6/24/2013 9:27:10 PM
XCrimsonSamurai posted...
The closest we're gonna get to black right now is Ink Blue.

Black may not be available for a while if at all. Would be sad never to see it, but as I said, may be too badass looking. >_>

Thanks. Yeah, the ink blue is darker looking than I thought it would be. Will be using that next time then.
---
XBL Gamertag Andii Vamp
PSN ID andii_vamp
#20EthelkPosted 6/25/2013 10:05:05 AM
KojiSakujin posted...
GLAMPIRE posted...

No Terebinth dye? I read terebinth is supposed to remove color and all but it just made my robe black(so I supposed Terebinth dye is black). While dyeing its the left most option under the grey colors. It costs 60gil and I think it's the first dye on the list below the dark matter stuff.