I can't understand this...

#1antking61Posted 6/29/2013 8:07:41 AM
Maybe I'm missing something but I've never been able to understand why I should pay $15 a month to get the same experience I can find 1,000 times over on the web for free. Is there something I'm missing?
---
Hoo Haa!!! I has Signature!!!
#2TeknoOdinPosted 6/29/2013 8:09:54 AM
nothing to see here folks move along
---
pokemon black friend code : 4641 9926 8931
psn TeknoOdin
#3Vale_GorgothPosted 6/29/2013 8:15:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Gold_SonPosted 6/29/2013 8:21:16 AM
antking61 posted...
Maybe I'm missing something but I've never been able to understand why I should pay $15 a month to get the same experience I can find 1,000 times over on the web for free. Is there something I'm missing?

Go play them then. Why the hell would you waste your time here? Unless of course, you know that this game is better quality.
#5servb0tsPosted 6/29/2013 8:29:12 AM
antking61 posted...

you've already decided so why search for answers you already know?
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#6antking61(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 8:29:49 AM
Vale_Gorgoth posted...
Derpy-derp-derp, idiot.

Apparently you've never actually played any of those thousand free games; or this...or any game for that matter.

I do. I play a great deal of games.

Gold_Son posted...
Go play them then. Why the hell would you waste your time here? Unless of course, you know that this game is better quality.

Because I just got in the beta? I know the games are fun but I don't think it's $180 a year fun not counting the innitial $60. Why don't they go to Micro Transactions? It can turn a very great profit and they might draw in more players if the monthly fee wasn't required.
---
#7KratierPosted 6/29/2013 8:33:14 AM
i just got into the beta last night and played until around level 8

its like they just ignored all the progress mmos have made in the past 10 years and just tried to remake ffxi in the worst way possible

no you arent missing anything, no this game is not good, and no i wont buy it or pay a subscription fee. anyone that claims they will are just liars, this is a bad game that will fail to succeed yet again.
#8mmelzer2004Posted 6/29/2013 8:35:41 AM
Here's how I see it.

If one is playing a MMO, they are putting a good portion of their gaming time into it. Therefore, other games aren't purchased as frequently and offsets the $180/year.

If you haven't played a MMO you don't get it, won't get it, and are wasting your time trying.
---
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3 Beta)
#9Cloud-ZehroPosted 6/29/2013 8:36:05 AM
antking61 posted...
Vale_Gorgoth posted...
Derpy-derp-derp, idiot.

Apparently you've never actually played any of those thousand free games; or this...or any game for that matter.

I do. I play a great deal of games.

Gold_Son posted...

Because I just got in the beta? I know the games are fun but I don't think it's $180 a year fun not counting the innitial $60. Why don't they go to Micro Transactions? It can turn a very great profit and they might draw in more players if the monthly fee wasn't required.

Uhhhm, it's only $40, and i'd rather not see a bunch of freebie players running around clogging up my servers, thanks.
#10antking61(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2013 8:40:26 AM
Kratier posted...
i just got into the beta last night and played until around level 8

its like they just ignored all the progress mmos have made in the past 10 years and just tried to remake ffxi in the worst way possible

no you arent missing anything, no this game is not good, and no i wont buy it or pay a subscription fee. anyone that claims they will are just liars, this is a bad game that will fail to succeed yet again.

Wasn't quite going to say all that...

mmelzer2004 posted...
Here's how I see it.

If one is playing a MMO, they are putting a good portion of their gaming time into it. Therefore, other games aren't purchased as frequently and offsets the $180/year.

If you haven't played a MMO you don't get it, won't get it, and are wasting your time trying.

I already said I have and do but tend to be on my console more than my computer but there aren't any MMORPGs on there really aside from this. I just think they should go to Micro Transactions or something. I know why they're popular, I just don't understand fees in the face of a higher means of profit.
---