I wish the targeting system was better

#1ilovecarebearsPosted 6/30/2013 1:36:05 PM
The combat works fine on the controller, but sometimes targeting a specific enemy is kind of tricky / annoying.

Wish they allowed mouse and kb instead of just a keyboard
#2BananaPurplePosted 6/30/2013 1:38:18 PM
I think they do allow mouse controls, but I don't know if they implemented it in the beta and I agree with the wonky targeting.
#3ilovecarebears(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 1:42:31 PM
And cycling thought targets is really wonky too. It always bounces to friendly npcs/ group members. Which is really annoying in fates. Just worried it will hinder end game efficiency in end game. Kind of afraid to make a tank because of this heh
#4SyggysPosted 6/30/2013 1:50:10 PM
ilovecarebears posted...
And cycling thought targets is really wonky too. It always bounces to friendly npcs/ group members. Which is really annoying in fates. Just worried it will hinder end game efficiency in end game. Kind of afraid to make a tank because of this heh

Go to options and turn on target filters. You can cycle between 4 different filters with L1 and each of the face buttons, so you could have L1+O setup to only cycle through enemies for example, then switch to L1+X when you want to target everyone again, etc.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#5ilovecarebears(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 1:58:29 PM
That sounds really useful! Thanks
#6SlimeStackPosted 6/30/2013 2:06:45 PM
When you first press tab, X, or A what exactly is the game trying to target? Personally I would have it default to your closest hostile target, but it doesn't seem to prioritise that.
---
Awaiting: AC4, LR:FFXIII, FFXIV:ARR, FFXV, BD:FF, Pokemon X, DA:I, Zelda: ALBW
#7Hayato NekketsuPosted 6/30/2013 2:13:33 PM
Syggys posted...
ilovecarebears posted...

Go to options and turn on target filters. You can cycle between 4 different filters with L1 and each of the face buttons, so you could have L1+O setup to only cycle through enemies for example, then switch to L1+X when you want to target everyone again, etc.

I had it set up on the menu to where it was only supposed to target All Enemies and Aggroing Enemies, and it still kept targeting friendly NPCs during FATEs. Hopefully it's a bug they squash.
#8SyggysPosted 6/30/2013 2:15:54 PM
SlimeStack posted...
When you first press tab, X, or A what exactly is the game trying to target? Personally I would have it default to your closest hostile target, but it doesn't seem to prioritise that.

It targets whatever your character is most directly facing towards.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#9XSilverPhoenixXPosted 6/30/2013 2:59:39 PM
They should have made L1+R1 switch between crossbars or clicking L3. Then L1 could have been people/ally selection and R1 could have been enemy selection.
#10servb0tsPosted 6/30/2013 4:57:31 PM
Targeting does stink. I had to adjust hostile targeting an remove NPC, in FFXI its was automatically default just like saying an shouting.

Beta needs to work on that.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar