subscription fee

#1BinaryPulsarPosted 7/3/2013 11:28:51 AM
Dear people of gamefaq... this MMO has a subscription fee. With that being said, DONT ASK. If for some reason you pass by my post i'd like to take the time and say..... READ THE OTHER 45665434566765 posts that asks the same question and i promise you'll get the same response... Ohh and ps THIS MMO has a subscription fee. Thank you gamefaq. sincerely yours binarypulsar
---
Patiently waits for Final Fantasy XIV ARR for my Ps3.Soon.. very soon
#2K4P_LinkPosted 7/3/2013 11:39:06 AM
Mmmm pretty sure this is F2P
---
Ever Infinity - Immortal Flames
#3UncleLeoPosted 7/3/2013 11:42:55 AM
There should be a sticky on launch day for all the people who bought the game about "yes there is a fee", because people will still buy it without looking at the box. This happened with DCUO on launch and it was beyond depressing how many people didn't know it had a monthly fee (at the time), even though it said right on the box.
---
PSN: Rutteger101 MGO: Rutteger
#4Mobius1RisingPosted 7/3/2013 11:43:36 AM
this game needs the sub fees.if it was F2P id feel guilty for playing this for free.
---
Just a gamer,& an Ace combat fan.i also love the Hyperdimension Neptunia series.
#5millimaynePosted 7/3/2013 11:44:37 AM
^ why?
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#6BinaryPulsar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 11:46:10 AM
K4P_Link posted...
Mmmm pretty sure this is F2P

All right!!!! Which means i can save a pretty penny and spend my hard earned money on my 16 year old daughter..
---
#7BinaryPulsar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 11:48:22 AM
Mobius1Rising posted...
this game needs the sub fees.if it was F2P id feel guilty for playing this for free.

well said..
---
#8Mobius1RisingPosted 7/3/2013 11:51:27 AM
millimayne posted...
^ why?

Because i want to support square.& give them my money.a game this fabulous & fun needs all the support it can get.i may not be able to play the full game but im still gonna buy it.
---
Just a gamer,& an Ace combat fan.i also love the Hyperdimension Neptunia series.
#9xenosaga123Posted 7/3/2013 11:53:20 AM
millimayne posted...
^ why?

F2P is basically MMORPGs that give up and resort to dumbing down their plans and committment to it.

"Free to play is basically the death of quality for MMORPGs. It's all about reducing the game to it's most basic state, focusing on the addictive qualities and steering you towards paying. Free-to-play is like crack.

Without a guaranteed influx of money, the developer is forced to put in the least amount of time and work necessary to maximize profits. It just needs to get the job done, without a lot of room for what makes those games special in the first place. Where's the incentive to make ANYthing awesome for free? It's not like you're going to pay them for it... so why not get you hooked then steer you into the cash shop.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Same goes for F2P and quality, support, creativity, etc. There's a whoooole lotta trash out there thanks to that model.

I don't get why it's so ridiculous to pay per month for a high quality game you like. It is a service, a never ending game, something fun you want to be a part of. Like anything else, you can pay to continue. Ongoing support, constant game updates, never ending content.... Unlike a game you pay $60 bucks for once (then another 60 in DLC?), play for 10 hours, and shelf.
It's a service, like electricity, website membership, or your cell phone.... "

Now I wonder if the broke people who whine about MMOs having monthly fees will understand this...

besides a good MMO will save you money... when I played FFXI.. i bought other new games when they came out but never played them because I was too busy playing FFXI.. for example I had disgaea 1 and star ocean 3 on US launch date and never played them until 2008 because all my gaming was consumed by FFXI..

so if I coulda resisted the urge to buy new games (since i wouldnt play em anyway).. Id say 15 bucks month is a LOT cheaper than 50 bucks a month on a new game every month correct?"

"Exactly..

It all depends on how you look at it.
With an MMO (when I played FFXI for 5+ years), I generally don't buy as many games as I would if I wasn't playing it.
$144 a year, versus what I normally spend on new games, depending on how many releases that I want, $300+.

Plus say you drop $20 for an evening at the movies once a month, and that's 2 hours or so of entertainment, for $12 you get 24 hours of entertainment that's always on.
It costs money to maintain the servers, supply constant updates and patches, expansions, etc.

They've lost however much money pretty much remaking it from the ground up, they do need to recoup their costs.

But to each their own, from what I've seen and read about FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, it's definitely gonna be worth it "
#10Mobius1RisingPosted 7/3/2013 12:32:09 PM
sometimes free to play does mean the end of an mmorpg.but theres rare occasions when its f2p it brings in alot of new players.just like dcuo europe.
---