Black Mage job requirements

#1itzqwikPosted 7/4/2013 4:50:50 PM
From random searches I keep seeing to unlock BM you need to have Pug lvl'd to 15. All the other jobs seem to make sense with the secondary job leveling. I'm just not understanding why Pug for BM but I'd like to know for sure so I can get that out of the way during Phase 4.

Is it a final confirmation that Pug will be what's needed?
---
Puck: Fearsome creature who would stay/Unchanged by the light of day/ Remain you thus throughout the night/Be thou flesh by dawn's fair light.
#2SlimeStackPosted 7/4/2013 4:53:05 PM
The 2.0 job requirements have not been released. Currently it makes no sense why the Dragoon and Black Mage should require Pugilist or White Mage requiring Gladiator, so odds are it's probably changed.
---
Blah.
#3TiaelPosted 7/4/2013 5:01:53 PM
SlimeStack posted...
The 2.0 job requirements have not been released. Currently it makes no sense why the Dragoon and Black Mage should require Pugilist or White Mage requiring Gladiator, so odds are it's probably changed.

Maybe to keep the options open for future jobs?
I have no idea.
Like Black Mage would be Thaumaturge and ... what?
Pugilist I don't agree with, but what other logical options are there?
If they made it Conjurer, they could be screwing say.. Red Mage in the future, which could be THM/CNJ.

Summoner could possibly be Arcanist and Thaumaturge, and Scholar Arcanist and Conjurer.
---
Now in HD: Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#4DarcKagePosted 7/4/2013 5:15:20 PM
Tiael posted...
If they made it Conjurer, they could be screwing say.. Red Mage in the future, which could be THM/CNJ.

Probably wont be the case anyway.

Red Mages use swords, they'll probably belong to a different starting class altogether.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem Awakening, The Last of Us
Waiting for: Pokemon X/Y, Beyond: Two Souls, Final Fantasy XIV, Kingdom Hearts 3
#5TiaelPosted 7/4/2013 5:17:15 PM
DarcKage posted...
Tiael posted...

Red Mages use swords, they'll probably belong to a different starting class altogether.

Probably, it'll be interesting, that's for sure.
---
#6cain8602Posted 7/4/2013 5:20:31 PM
Tiael posted...
DarcKage posted...
Tiael posted...

Sorcerer maybe... to Blue Mage (THM) or Red Mage (CNJ)...?

Would that work?
---
---"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas. How it got into my pajamas, I don't know." - Groucho Marx ---
#7CrevensPosted 7/4/2013 5:24:16 PM
Having to be lvl 15 Pugilist to be a Black Mage doesn't make much sense. But meh I might go Pugilist first then switch to Thaumaturge.
---
PSN- Crevens NNID- Crevens
XBL- Crevens
#8TiaelPosted 7/4/2013 5:33:29 PM
cain8602 posted...
Tiael posted...
DarcKage posted...
Tiael posted...

Sorcerer maybe... to Blue Mage (THM) or Red Mage (CNJ)...?

Would that work?

Sorcerer/Mystic Knight has been an FF job predominantly, not just a Discipline.
FFXI also recently added it as Rune Fencer for the most part.

I wonder about Geomancer and Beastmaster too.
And if we'll see Bells and the like.

The future is bright for more classes/disciplines.
Musketeer is pretty much confirmed.
---
#9itzqwik(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 5:39:20 PM
To really think about it.. Conjurer could make sense, but could be a conflict in those mastering the "Black arts" and destruction shouldn't be concerned with white magic, .. I'd have to say Archer would at least be better than Pug.

I can picture the lil Black Mage quest givers saying something about learning how to properly distance yourself and such.
---
Puck: Fearsome creature who would stay/Unchanged by the light of day/ Remain you thus throughout the night/Be thou flesh by dawn's fair light.
#10SlimeStackPosted 7/5/2013 5:44:03 AM
@Tiael: It's not so much the combination of the classes themselves, it's just the WHM can't equip any of the abilities learned by the Gladiator, nor can the DRG or BLM equip Pugilist abilities. In 1.0 they could, so the levelling effort made some sense, but not here.
---
Blah.