Loot Drops

#1treemanxPosted 7/8/2013 11:26:04 AM
Does loot (weapons/gear) drop from enemies, or is it limited specifically to treasure chests and the enemies only drop craft mats/pots/gil?
---
PSN: treemanx
#2Solh0undPosted 7/8/2013 11:36:54 AM
I've never seen any loot drop from a enemy so I'm going with no.
---
One shall stand, One shall fall
XBL / PSN: Solh0und
#3dhampire1Posted 7/8/2013 11:45:46 AM
You don't get armor from what i've seen, but i have seen on the side, barely noticible, at times that is says i got some random things for crafting i think
#4BinaryPulsarPosted 7/8/2013 12:25:31 PM
No loot drop in a final fantasy game, blaspheme i say lol... pretty sure the final product will have loot drops . i remember reading what yoshi P said, he joined some random group and he was out bidded on a item he wanted and all he could say was, congrats...so
---
Patiently waits for Final Fantasy XIV ARR for my Ps3.Soon.. very soon
#5XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 7/8/2013 12:31:44 PM
Looks like loot will come from a few different places. There's dungeon coins/tokens or something, where doing a dungeon or an instance or something will net you coins that you can exchange for loot.

Then there's dungeons but I'm sure everyone is aware of that.

I had also heard that they plan to give certain FATE bosses loot, like Odin or Behemoth. A lot of requests have also been posted on the beta forums to add a unique item to each FATE boss, like Lv.14 piece of Armour or Weapon from Bubbly Bernie for example, among many others.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#6Anhell310Posted 7/8/2013 12:33:05 PM
BinaryPulsar posted...
No loot drop in a final fantasy game, blaspheme i say lol... pretty sure the final product will have loot drops . i remember reading what yoshi P said, he joined some random group and he was out bidded on a item he wanted and all he could say was, congrats...so

that is not loot drop that is treasure loot
---
Stop whit Sd hate topics
>_<
#7BinaryPulsarPosted 7/8/2013 7:52:40 PM
XCrimsonSamurai posted...
Looks like loot will come from a few different places. There's dungeon coins/tokens or something, where doing a dungeon or an instance or something will net you coins that you can exchange for loot.

I had also heard that they plan to give certain FATE bosses loot, like Odin or Behemoth. A lot of requests have also been posted on the beta forums to add a unique item to each FATE boss, like Lv.14 piece of Armour or Weapon from Bubbly Bernie for example, among many others.

that is awesome news
---
Patiently waits for Final Fantasy XIV ARR for my Ps3.Soon.. very soon
#8SpeerbreckerPosted 7/8/2013 7:57:25 PM
BinaryPulsar posted...
XCrimsonSamurai posted...

that is awesome news

Hopefully they do it right so everyone who did enough damage in the fate can roll for it...I just want to see the circumvention of Gil sellers and not a redo of ffxi where someone would just camp at the nm spot for hours with whatever auto target thing on and just snipe them.
#9DemonsSoulsPosted 7/8/2013 8:02:47 PM
i know that mobs can drop chests, i got 1 only once though, and it only had a hi-potion in it
---
PSN - KittyKatt13
#10NestamaPosted 7/9/2013 2:29:38 AM
Were you doing a Leve per chance?
---
FFXI - Valefor: Nestama
PSN: Nestyma