is there a video of some beginner tips and tricks?

#11zoomer741Posted 7/19/2013 2:53:55 PM
bigbrandon1986 posted...
What stats should I focus on for each class. In case in the future I have a different character. Also I didn't do any dungeons or anything so I assume this has the need/greed/roll system right? How exactly is that handled?

Please go to YouTube. Type in the search bar FF 14 ARR and your class name.
#12Angelfire456Posted 7/19/2013 2:57:04 PM
bigbrandon1986 posted...
What stats should I focus on for each class. In case in the future I have a different character. Also I didn't do any dungeons or anything so I assume this has the need/greed/roll system right? How exactly is that handled?

Yes it has the roll system. You can only need on items your current class/job can use.

Stats are still needing more testing I would say. In 1.0 due to soft caps you usually put points in two stats and sometimes three. Since beta capped at 35 this may or may not have changed.

However common sense says:

ARC-dex
CNJ-mnd
THM-int
LNC-str
MNK-str
GLD-vit?
MRD-vit?
Arcanist-int?

I would guess the tanks need more hp, but they could use str to keep hate. Arcanist isn't in yet so as a caster I would think int.

Without more testing though, CNJ may do better with pie for larger MP pool OR mnd for stronger heals OR a mix of the two. Since its still in beta most of the min/max and theorycrafting is still to be done.
---
PSN: Sebastian456
#13bigbrandon1986(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 3:49:43 PM
So as an archer I would be dps and want to focus on which two key statistics? The rest would level up on their own correct?
---
PSN ID: imurhero
TWITTER: Brandon_Renners
#14Angelfire456Posted 7/19/2013 4:13:10 PM
bigbrandon1986 posted...
So as an archer I would be dps and want to focus on which two key statistics? The rest would level up on their own correct?

Dex is ranged damage so you will want that. Not sure what else.

Archer is range DD, but its job bard is support/ranged DD. So bard I would think dex and probably pie. Bard I think has some songs that drain MP to buff the party, plus if you need to toss a few cures to help healers.

Remember at 30+ you will probably be playing as archer solo and bard in parties. So you could go dex and pie for archer to get MP for heals or dex and vit for more HP.

Of course you could also just go all dex and do the other stat later when we know if soft caps are still a concern.

Either way don't go crazy over thinking. I'm pretty sure there is going to be an item or way to redo your points.
---
#15bigbrandon1986(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 4:28:37 PM
What is pie for bard? Bard is the job correct?
---
#16Angelfire456Posted 7/19/2013 5:30:46 PM
bigbrandon1986 posted...
What is pie for bard? Bard is the job correct?

Pie is +MP. Since bard is support it can give you MP for heals. Plus like I said I think bard has songs that drain their own MP while buffing party. So more MP means more buffing.
---
#17xenosaga123Posted 7/19/2013 5:35:02 PM
piety increases MP. I boosted that and Mind for Conjurer, but think it's a good idea to go pure MND stat boosting since MP+ really isn't as important as HP+ (Vitality) is for tanks. MND makes cures stronger, so that gives you stronger heals per cure. and level up increase MP anyway and Ethers/Hi Ethers can be used in case you really gotta get MP restored.
#18Angelfire456Posted 7/19/2013 5:44:47 PM
To elaborate this is what I was talking about.

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/job/bard.php

See the first 3 bard only abilities? They all continually drain MP while giving MP, TP, or lowering enemy resistances. So more MP means longer buff/debuff duration.

So dex for more damage and pie for more MP.
---
#19bigbrandon1986(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2013 7:18:32 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone. I appreciate it.
---