Question about subscription and cancelling/renewing it.

#1zombie_basher13Posted 7/24/2013 10:38:01 PM
I have asked this question before I think on this board a while ago but didn't really get a satisfactory answer, so I'm asking again.

Since this will be my first MMO ever that I will commit to long term, it is vital that I know this. So say I play for about 1 year, and then something comes up and I can't play for 5 months and wanna cancel my sub. If I do so, can I renew it and have everything intact and pick up right where I left off? Or even longer? Is there any kind of limit? For example, if I cancelled it for say 1-2 years, will anything be erased? 'Cause i know they store all that stuff on servers, but I plan to play on and off because of other games and other things in life that may come up.

I just don't wanna put so much time and effort and then cancel for awhile only to have things be deleted because they needed the space for new players and updates or whatever. Also I plan to cancel probably a lot because I'm gonna beat the main game, do all side content, and then wait for next expansion.
---
Even if Final Fantasy XV is the best FF ever it doesn't excuse the long wait (8+ years).
#2Mikes_Posted 7/24/2013 11:34:44 PM
No they keep your character on their servers and you can quit and come back months and even years later. Though in the fine print they do have to right to delete the character if they choose to do so.
#3Mikes_Posted 7/24/2013 11:37:11 PM
the*
#4zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:19:03 AM
Mikes_ posted...
No they keep your character on their servers and you can quit and come back months and even years later. Though in the fine print they do have to right to delete the character if they choose to do so.

Okay good to know and I'm sure they only ever delete characters when players violate terms and conditions by being vulgar and whatnot, right? It's not like they just randomly delete things to free up space I'm hoping. I'm just wondering what FF XI was like, if anybody with experience playing that game could advise me how it worked.

But also, is there any penalty in cancelling off and on? Like say I cancel too frequently, for example 3 times in 4 months or so, would I ever get some kind of penalty like having to pay more money or losing anything? I just wanna be absolutely certain there's no drawbacks, 'cause I'm in it mostly for the main game and not for socializing, I mean I'm not gonna even come close to wasting all my time on this one game like some MMO addicts.
---
Even if Final Fantasy XV is the best FF ever it doesn't excuse the long wait (8+ years).
#5Mikes_Posted 7/25/2013 1:51:44 AM
I've had characters on both ffxi and ffxiv where i quit and come back without a problem for long periods at a time. Canceling as often as you like shouldn't be a problem. If i recall correctly when you cancel mid month you still have access to the game until the next pay period. You just cancel before the next charge if it's automatic.
#6FlyojumperPosted 7/25/2013 2:33:19 AM
I'm interested in knowing this as well, and even though some people will tell you that they have come and left FFXI with long time intervals in between with no deletion, you will also find some that came back to a deleted char. They did have a clause that 90+ days was the minimum they would keep your character and anything above that was up in the air.
If they did truly change their policy on the matter, I'd like to have a link to the updated policy, but short of that, I unfortunately don't think you are truly safe for anything longer than 90 days. :(
---
After extensive lab research, it appears that sterility is indeed hereditary...