overall Summoner morale is improving.

#21G_PhysalisPosted 8/3/2013 7:25:08 AM
Grieving Leo posted...
My question stands still stands firm... also what exactly is with the hate for summoner on a game that hasnt came out yet?

Good point. Wait for the whining after you have been able to give it a true try.
---
Hodor!? Hodor, hodor hodor hodor hodor. Hodor . . . - Hodor.
The Official Orpheus Telos of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#22servb0tsPosted 8/3/2013 8:16:54 AM
Grieving Leo posted...
My question stands still stands firm... also what exactly is with the hate for summoner on a game that hasnt came out yet?

Some hate Summoner look, others hat mini-summoning, its mostly their personal preference because FFXI Avatars = Summons was Huge when compare the two.

However I've grown found of Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist, Summoner & Scholar move sets. I already planned out how my Summoner will fight in both PVE & PVP, also planned what items & Materia i'll use.

Summoner will forever be Epicness & Awesomesauce in my book lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#23Gandalf the IstariPosted 8/4/2013 7:04:59 AM
When did people not like the AF? It looks way better than some of the other jobs. The egis are a little disappointing though.
---
PSN: ck_22_c GT: ckc22
NA 3DS: 0533 - 4509 - 1310
#24XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 8/4/2013 7:16:20 AM
People only caring about the way things looked is why the original FFXIV lived as long as it did before Yoshi's team took over. It basically catered to eye-candy addicts who didn't care about the way anything preformed and simply how pretty it was.

The same type of people are whining about how the Egis look without actually caring about what they'll be capable of.

I don't really care if they're chibified versions of Primals and I certainly find it more realistic in comparison to FFXI's Avatars.

In FFXI you basically had an Avatar exactly the same size as the one you had to fight to unlock it which could one-shot everyone, and then you summoned it at it's full size and had to watch as it did a mere fraction of the damage most of the time. Yeah that's some good immersion for you.

At least this way they're not using size to compensate for anything. You get pretty much exactly what you would expect from looking at them, which is quite fair in my book.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#25Grieving LeoPosted 8/4/2013 8:19:20 AM
XCrimsonSamurai posted...
People only caring about the way things looked is why the original FFXIV lived as long as it did before Yoshi's team took over. It basically catered to eye-candy addicts who didn't care about the way anything preformed and simply how pretty it was.

The same type of people are whining about how the Egis look without actually caring about what they'll be capable of.

I don't really care if they're chibified versions of Primals and I certainly find it more realistic in comparison to FFXI's Avatars.

In FFXI you basically had an Avatar exactly the same size as the one you had to fight to unlock it which could one-shot everyone, and then you summoned it at it's full size and had to watch as it did a mere fraction of the damage most of the time. Yeah that's some good immersion for you.

At least this way they're not using size to compensate for anything. You get pretty much exactly what you would expect from looking at them, which is quite fair in my book.

I agree

Though Im actually more excited about the arcanist class then the jobs themselves. Trouble is im slightly concerned about the saturation with arcanists in beta 4to due to the new class. I suppose it shouldnt stop me though.
---
Psn - - gthcdos
#26TiaelPosted 8/4/2013 10:17:42 AM
People have issues with the classic Summoner horn/appearance?
Eh.

I like the Egi too, and story wise it makes sense.
---
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV, Final Fantasy III, Bioshock Infinite, Tales of Graces f
- Dragon Quest is the best
#27FF14_BABEYYPosted 8/4/2013 11:46:47 AM
But when you think Summoner, you think of previous summoners in Final Fantasy. I.E. Yuna summoning Ifrit in FFX. THAT is the classic final fantasy summoner. That is what you envision when you imagine becoming a summoner. Not this egi crap. I don't care what you say. Even if we will only do a fraction of the damage, the appearance really should be similar, IMO.
#28NestamaPosted 8/4/2013 12:29:49 PM
As lore states, summoning the Primal requires a huge amount of Crystals (as well as aether, but let's focus on crystals for now) to be summoned. In this reveal trailer, we see that the Summoner has but a single Crystal attached to their Book: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbF3jq04c80

Summoner's should be thankful they can even summon an Egi that bares some minor resemblance to the Primal as well as be able to use a fraction of the Primals power with a single Crystal.

Speculation on the Crystal+Book thing, but it kinda makes sense why you summon an Egi and why it's not "big."
---
FFXI - Valefor: Nestama
PSN: Nestyma
#29Psychochild27Posted 8/4/2013 2:03:36 PM(edited)
Though Im actually more excited about the arcanist class then the jobs themselves. Trouble is im slightly concerned about the saturation with arcanists in beta 4to due to the new class. I suppose it shouldnt stop me though.

Player preference will always win out in the end. As long as the classes are relatively well balanced and there's not some massive incentive to play one over the other due to an infinitely easier level grind or something along those lines (See: Freaking Death Knight's release in WoW which was in BC content in an hour with exceptional gear vs. MoP's Monk which had to grind from 1-90 the old fashioned way and the prevalence of each at the end-game for it), you should see reasonable diversity.

If anything, I'd be more worried about Archers/Lancers if you're worried about an excessive influx of any single class. Those guys bring the big numbers, have a play style that doesn't have them sitting around casting at all for all the mobility they have and in the Lancer's class have an obscenely vocal fan following behind them. Summoners meanwhile are always popular, but due to the nature of their DoT abilities and pet damage, they won't be delivering as immediately apparent and gratifying damage numbers so you'll see a lot of them switching over to a much more upfront DPS class very soon.

I mean in the early game, they're basically working with a conjurer DPS rotation with a pet and an extra DOT at the base level to play with. I remember doing Conjurer with Thunder and Aero - those guys won't stick around.

tl;dr - People who want to play summoner are going to be the biggest fans of the class, want to have an alternative to White Mage healing which is honestly better for the end-game to have a bigger, much more viable pool of healers to draw from or wish to have a viable DPS/Healing spec with less of a time commitment at the expense of having to accumulate multiple gear sets to facilitate each spec. (Which again promises more potential healers at any time).

I sincerely doubt they will be in any overwhelming amount after level 12 for Virus (Eye for an Eye I doubt is going to get a lot of people to dedicate that much time to achieve for anything except possibly a tank character in PVP).
#30servb0tsPosted 8/4/2013 4:33:09 PM(edited)
^^ I'm a former FFXI veteran and 75 Summoner was my main, In Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Summoner will once again be my main. Summoner can hold its own with the right button combinations.

Its all about the Tools & Attributes you use, to make Any Class Stand Out an be Devastating

Summoner Kick Ass with mini-summons Egi-Primals. ^-^ Wahoo.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar