This game is going to require monthly fees????

#221MysticVolcanoPosted 8/3/2013 9:34:49 PM
Well that's different. There isn't a single home out there where you don't have to pay the electric bill. But there are lots of games that you could play online without monthly fees. As I was typing this, I just saw an ad for WoW saying that it's F2P now.

there are plenty of homes outside the US where they don't even use eletricity, like games online, it is a luxery that you don't have to have, that is the point i am trying to make to you.

OF course WoW is F2P now, the game has been out for 10 years, and blizzard realizes they are losing costomers due to the game becoming outdated and will likely lose what it already has to 14 and other better games that come out, so they go F2P which means thier servers will likely not get much attention anymore or patches to keep the game fresh, in other words, they are preparing for thier demise.

Like I said before, I was gonna close this topic, but you people wanna keep it going by flaming and posting the same crap over and over again, then so be it.

You could have close the topic at anytime, no one is keeping you from doing it, you simply want to keep going with the posts your self because you seem to enjoy being proven wrong. (but who doesn't right)
#222DEADLY SHAD0W(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 9:51:11 PM
there are plenty of homes outside the US where they don't even use eletricity, like games online, it is a luxery that you don't have to have, that is the point i am trying to make to you.

Electric bills vary depending on how much of it you use. If you could remember to turn the lights off when you leave the room, that could save a few bucks. But with this game, whether you play all day or not, you would still have to pay the monthly fee. I already said this before and I'll say it again, I don't have enough time in a day to play to get my moneys worth of monthly fees. Turning off the game won't reduce the fee, will it. I didn't think so.

OF course WoW is F2P now, the game has been out for 10 years, and blizzard realizes they are losing costomers due to the game becoming outdated and will likely lose what it already has to 14 and other better games that come out, so they go F2P which means thier servers will likely not get much attention anymore or patches to keep the game fresh, in other words, they are preparing for thier demise.

Well, time will tell.

You could have close the topic at anytime, no one is keeping you from doing it, you simply want to keep going with the posts your self because you seem to enjoy being proven wrong. (but who doesn't right)

What exactly am I wrong about? The monthly fees? The fact that everyone is entitled to their opinions? An opinion is an opinion. There's no right or wrong about them.
---
#223RaxarioPosted 8/3/2013 9:55:27 PM
I'm pretty sure WoW isn't free to play, but it does offer a free trial up to level 20, so that's probably what you saw on the advert.
#224ExtendUnlimitedPosted 8/3/2013 10:09:30 PM
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...
ExtendUnlimited posted...
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...
I was merely expressing my outrage of paying monthly fees just to enjoy something that you already paid for. That was all. Then most of you started to get so defensive about it. Once again, if everyone just replied to me the way Gameorama91 did on page 20, this topic would've did archived a long time ago.

It's nothing really new to be outrage about, some MMOs been doing this for quite a while. Maybe you are probably outrage because it's quite new to you since it's on PS3. On PS3 there isn't many MMO games that require monthly fees. So I can relate to how you feel a bit, but please put more thought in your question next time. It took 20 pages for one guy to figure out your question on how you really feel about this monthly subscription problem. Also do a bit of research before people start coming in correcting you and cussing all over the place. People will think either you are stupid or troll, but most likely a troll. You should ask your boss to stop overworking you, so you can enjoy this sweet game. I felt great passion when I can play this great MMO with PS3 controller, made me shed a tear on how long it took for such a game to come. But please enjoy yourself to decide to buy this game later if you have the time, till then have a good day!

Well this one guy said he's not a regular on this board. Like him, you people should've put more thought into your replies and considered that I don't know much about MMOs in general instead of being so rude. You too, have a good day!

I'm not a regular, but it seems you been on these boards since the Year 2000. It's more likely your fault for not giving a more specific question and didn't put much thought into it. We answer whatever is it rude, short and simple answer. The question been answer before and we grow tired for same question that been post. Besides that since you were here longer than I, why didn't you use the search engine for this question. In the end you are just outrage at the fee and you know what we are outrage at you for posting a crappy question that didn't fit with what you wanted. Why do we have to waste a lot of time to figure out what you actually meant, you finally gotten your answer after what 20 pages later? Give more thought into your question then we give replies more thought in. You been on these boards 13 years and you have all these people arguing with you. You are not thinking smart at all, are you?
#225DEADLY SHAD0W(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 10:35:36 PM
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...
I was merely expressing my outrage of paying monthly fees just to enjoy something that you already paid for. That was all. Then most of you started to get so defensive about it. Once again, if everyone just replied to me the way Gameorama91 did on page 20, this topic would've did archived a long time ago.

It's nothing really new to be outrage about, some MMOs been doing this for quite a while. Maybe you are probably outrage because it's quite new to you since it's on PS3. On PS3 there isn't many MMO games that require monthly fees. So I can relate to how you feel a bit, but please put more thought in your question next time. It took 20 pages for one guy to figure out your question on how you really feel about this monthly subscription problem. Also do a bit of research before people start coming in correcting you and cussing all over the place. People will think either you are stupid or troll, but most likely a troll. You should ask your boss to stop overworking you, so you can enjoy this sweet game. I felt great passion when I can play this great MMO with PS3 controller, made me shed a tear on how long it took for such a game to come. But please enjoy yourself to decide to buy this game later if you have the time, till then have a good day!

Well this one guy said he's not a regular on this board. Like him, you people should've put more thought into your replies and considered that I don't know much about MMOs in general instead of being so rude. You too, have a good day!

I'm not a regular, but it seems you been on these boards since the Year 2000. It's more likely your fault for not giving a more specific question and didn't put much thought into it. We answer whatever is it rude, short and simple answer. The question been answer before and we grow tired for same question that been post. Besides that since you were here longer than I, why didn't you use the search engine for this question. In the end you are just outrage at the fee and you know what we are outrage at you for posting a crappy question that didn't fit with what you wanted. Why do we have to waste a lot of time to figure out what you actually meant, you finally gotten your answer after what 20 pages later? Give more thought into your question then we give replies more thought in. You been on these boards 13 years and you have all these people arguing with you. You are not thinking smart at all, are you?

Using the search function only brought up topics about methods of paying the monthly fee. How do you think I found out about it? If someone posted a question like I did, I would assume this person is obviously new to MMOs. That should've been common sense. What thought do I have to put into that question? Maybe it's you biased fanboys who get so outraged at an opinion that is not in favor of this game who are not thinking smart at all. Now can I please close this topic or do you wanna flame some more?
---
#226ExtendUnlimitedPosted 8/4/2013 12:00:18 AM
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...
DEADLY SHAD0W posted...

Using the search function only brought up topics about methods of paying the monthly fee. How do you think I found out about it? If someone posted a question like I did, I would assume this person is obviously new to MMOs. That should've been common sense. What thought do I have to put into that question? Maybe it's you biased fanboys who get so outraged at an opinion that is not in favor of this game who are not thinking smart at all. Now can I please close this topic or do you wanna flame some more?

I would assume you are just lazy and I go to retailer sites to see what's the game about. I see the price and information telling me there are monthly subscriptions. I'm even surprise gamestop's site tells you that. If you looking for more questions willing to be answer, you can go to the official site as well for extra questions. Next time repost your question as "Should I buy FF14:ARR if I don't have enough time as there is a recurring fee?" As we "fanboys" as you like insult all the people here with that, we willing to answer a question that isn't already been posted. So it has nothing to do with not in favor of this game, it's just your laziness and lack of effort to provide a better question, instead of insulting everyone. Obviously from all the hate you receive, it was the way you handle it. You don't want to spend money carelessly? Simple then don't buy it, it became pointless from there. You make 18 dollars a hr and you can't spare 13 or 15 dollars which can last a month? MMOs constantly bring content, updates, people to watch 24/7 and you whining over 13 or 15 dollars a month? Free to play games are always pay to win games, that's why I go with MMOs with monthly fees. It's equal footing from there, just pay the fee man. The game is $40, standard price for PS3 game is $60. You could at least try the free month trial when you buy the game you know? Just answer this yes or no to buying it, then sure close this thread after you make a decision.
#227DEADLY SHAD0W(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 2:38:00 AM(edited)
If not knowing how MMOs are generally conducted because I don't play many MMOs makes me lazy, then so be it. DCUO is the only MMO I played so I was under the impression that all MMOs are like that. Being oblivious and being lazy are two different things. Before I made this topic, I was looking up the game at Amazon since that's where I generally buy my games, and it says nothing about the monthly fees. I'm sorry that you couldn't deduce my question like Gameorama91 did. And if you have a problem with my question, simple then don't post here.

Now can I close this topic or do you still wanna go on with this? Look at it this way, the more time you spend flaming me, the less time you'll have to enjoy your precious game.

Oh, and to answer your last question, no I won't buy it. I'll just wait for "Lightning Returns".
---
#228ace_two_maxPosted 8/4/2013 2:29:31 AM
After their last MMO, They should pay us just look at Final Fantasy XIV this is that same game again AND you have to buy it again....

Sorry but I fail to see how a Console MMO is worth a Monthly fee when compared to PC MMO ( lot of them being free)

I wonder if they would charge us to have additional character slots?
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!