Damn i wish this had an offline option. ;_;

#1Ninja_GaignunPosted 8/3/2013 1:12:18 PM
I love the structure of MMO's but I have no internet to play them.

Dragon's Dogma, .hack, White Knight Chronicles, Sacred 2, Borderlands 2, Dead Island to an extent.

I wish Squre had included a "Simulated" mode for offline players.

Randomly generated "A.I. PC's" who simulate players, exe.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#2Duke_VassagoPosted 8/3/2013 1:15:16 PM
I had a similar feeling going into FFXI, but once I was there I finally understood. There is no way for that to be made possible in this type of game.

I feel for you bud, sorry you don't have the net to play this game. Maybe in the future, you will. Just try to make it to that point! I'm cheering for you!
---
3DS FC: 3695 - 1396 - 3458 ://: PSZ FC: 1335 - 5428 - 0092 ://: PSN(PS3 and Vita): TrebleSoul
#3servb0tsPosted 8/3/2013 1:19:55 PM
This wouldn't be a Bad offline game or offline mode. its very Solo friendly minus dungeons.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#4hiphopheraldPosted 8/3/2013 1:26:51 PM
I never played XII (I want to) but I imagine that's the "MMOff" for Final Fantasy.
---
RBG - Unapologetically African - http://www.urbanstylecomics.com/
#5DrachenBarenPosted 8/3/2013 1:28:18 PM
Dual Mode games are awesome but always challenge the game's integrity sadly.

I'm sure they could figure something out like keep offline data that checks itself again server data.

Honestly, it would be cool to have a few offline/online servers where you could overpower your character, mod freely, use bots, etc. Keep them separate from the normal servers.

Anyone breaking ToS wouldn't bebanned, but they'd be transferred to those servers where anything goes.

Dungeon Defenders did that (Mod friendly online/offline unranked mode where there were no rules or restrictions and a strict online only ranked mode), and I had characters in both modes. Sometimes it's fun to prance around as a gamebreaking god.
---
Formerly DWX131415. Updated Username with merger.
#6Duke_VassagoPosted 8/3/2013 1:30:01 PM
Yeahhh but Dungeon Defenders is a completely different beast. Don't count on that happening in FFXIV.
---
3DS FC: 3695 - 1396 - 3458 ://: PSZ FC: 1335 - 5428 - 0092 ://: PSN(PS3 and Vita): TrebleSoul
#7Ninja_Gaignun(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 1:33:12 PM
hiphopherald posted...
I never played XII (I want to) but I imagine that's the "MMOff" for Final Fantasy.

It was made in the same style as XI yeah. Already done everything in it.

I put 100's of hours into Phantasy Star Portable 2 and never once went online.

And there is a very easy way to make an offline mode with no impact online, simply keep the 2 saves separate.

Offline character is saved to you're system, you're online one is saved to there servers.
---
Don't read this sig. I TOLD YOU TO STOP! Why are you still reading?
#8DrachenBarenPosted 8/3/2013 1:34:22 PM
Oh I don't at all. I just think it'd be cool, and the most likely scenario if they DID add offline play.
---
#9AtnevonPosted 8/3/2013 1:46:30 PM
I hope they find a way to remake FFXI as a traditional FF game after the servers shut down. I think the story is fantastic and should be experienced by more people. :]
#10DrachenBarenPosted 8/3/2013 1:58:08 PM
Atnevon posted...
I hope they find a way to remake FFXI as a traditional FF game after the servers shut down. I think the story is fantastic and should be experienced by more people. :]

I used to preach this to my friends lol. I think it'd be awesome to go old school and let you actually create your own posse of six and enjoy a full fledged offline FFXI.
---