How soon can I start crafting?

#1darkcloudrepeatPosted 8/3/2013 2:51:09 PM(edited)
Can I change my job to whatever crafting job I want when I get to a specific guild regardless of level or will I have to level up my starting job to a certain point before I'm able to switch to a crafter/gatherer job.

At around level 15 you are able to switch your main fighting class but does that level mark apply to the disciples of the land and hand jobs as well?
---
3DS FC: 4940 - 5623 - 3811
#2EvelynEvelynPosted 8/3/2013 2:43:17 PM
At level ten you can switch not fifteen.
#3treemanxPosted 8/3/2013 2:44:56 PM
when you complete the level 10 quest for your first class
---
PSN: treemanx
#4servb0tsPosted 8/3/2013 2:56:21 PM
treemanx posted...
when you complete the level 10 quest for your first class

^^This it also unlocks Guildleves & Inn lol.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#5the_hunter_gtaPosted 8/3/2013 2:56:58 PM
If you pay attention to only story/class quests maybe Lv 10, but if start many quests could easily forget about class quest and end up leveling past Lv 10 - maybe even Lv15 that's what happened to me in the last beta!

but I will try to pay attention next time, and make sure!

Also not really sure didn't try this! I can't see why couldn't really start has crafter or gather? just can't fight anything, till finish main part of class quests, but might have to have War/Magic 1st...
---
[Back Up Games Saves to USB if possible]
HyperNepV Drops: http://goo.gl/y8BnJ, Atelier-Ayesha 1st playthru notes http://goo.gl/8gu0S
#6darkcloudrepeat(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 3:04:06 PM(edited)
Ah it's a good thing I asked!
I had plans to start out in Ul'Dah then rush to Limsa Lominsa to get to the culinary guild, grab the weapon needed to switch to a culinarian and rush back to Ul'Dah.

All for the sake of role-playing.

Oh so it's a quest you unlock at level 10 but you can do it even after you have surpassed that level mark.
That's probably what I got confused about, I managed to do that quest in Gridania with a Lalfellian(?) conjurer.

Can't wait for this. Tis only 24 days away, and some less for early access...
Speaking of early access, I couldn't find the code on my pre-order receipt.
Is it marked in such a way that it would blend in with the rest of the numbers on the receipt or did I just not receive my code...
---
3DS FC: 4940 - 5623 - 3811
#7ShortietheshortPosted 8/3/2013 3:40:45 PM
darkcloudrepeat posted...
Ah it's a good thing I asked!
I had plans to start out in Ul'Dah then rush to Limsa Lominsa to get to the culinary guild, grab the weapon needed to switch to a culinarian and rush back to Ul'Dah.

All for the sake of role-playing.

Oh so it's a quest you unlock at level 10 but you can do it even after you have surpassed that level mark.
That's probably what I got confused about, I managed to do that quest in Gridania with a Lalfellian(?) conjurer.

Can't wait for this. Tis only 24 days away, and some less for early access...
Speaking of early access, I couldn't find the code on my pre-order receipt.
Is it marked in such a way that it would blend in with the rest of the numbers on the receipt or did I just not receive my code...

The code should be placed in a conspicuous location. If not, then you should probably contact your store (I assume that the store has the bonus). BTW, it's not a random quest like you see around town, it's literally a quest that is available at lvl 5, but locked (as in has the lock symbol on the screen) until you are lvl 10. At the beginning of the game, the Adventure's guild has you visit the guild of what ever class you are. The guild will give you a new quest at lvl 1, and at every subsequent lvl that is a multiple of 5 until the lvl cap. What is important is that (revealed so far by the beta) (completion of) the lvl 10 quest gives the ability to join other guilds (i.e. change classes), the lvl 15 give an action ability, and the lvl 30 give another action ability. Of course, lvls 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, and 50 were not in the beta.

So It's possible that they all give abilities by current trend (well for sure 30, 35, 40, 45, 50 give abilities because those are the lvls you learn the Job abilites but, that would leave two abilities at lvl 30... and how will that work when you have multiple jobs then?). I assume that there will be an option quest (like the option you get to go to Thanalan, the Shroud, or La Noscea at lvl 18) to get the lvl 30 abilities and Job quests to account for that though, and the later (1 or 2 depending on the class) quests are locked until you get your subclass at 15. In fact, you will probably get on option quest like that at every lvl quest 35 and above to account for that. But in that case, I wouldn't count on learning a new move that the base class can use from 35 to 50.
---
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a terrible disease, Beware!!!