Anyone else torn between Scholar and White Mage?

#11xenosaga123Posted 8/5/2013 3:05:42 PM
You need to be at high enough level to be able to cast Raise in the middle of a battle. Sometimes enemies might also succeed in interrupting your casting Raise which is annoying but you've just got to try again.
oh so that's it.
#12the_hunter_gtaPosted 8/5/2013 3:37:10 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
Also I think for battles, not sure but I think raise is not allowed when engaged in battle, it may sound silly, but haven't tested it.

Might be something like that. Well the game could say they declined in chat to be Raised so you don't wonder why it didn't work! Or maybe if you are targeted cause it as a long cast time! could be interrupted before it is done!

What is this "high enough level"
I think i was targeted in a FATE by Cactuar Jack "100 Needles" really hurts, also no one else took the aggro off of me, for me to heal or try to Raise! But it is easy to avoid 100 Needles which was about all i was doing! (think it was Cactuar Jack or something similar)

Is there or will there be any death penalty, or just maybe a the cost to go back to wherever Home is set?
---
[Back Up Games Saves to USB if possible]
HyperNepV Drops: http://goo.gl/y8BnJ, Atelier-Ayesha 1st playthru notes http://goo.gl/8gu0S
#13servb0tsPosted 8/5/2013 3:39:45 PM
Nope. Summoners my main, time to time i'll use Scholar but taking all 3 Arcainst Summoners & Scholar to 50.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#14servb0tsPosted 8/5/2013 3:43:45 PM
xenosaga123 posted...
you can't Raise someone if they return to their home point immediately. Also, a person won't Raise if they don't select to be Raised. When someone is raised, a message appears for them to choose whether to accept the raise. Also I think for battles, not sure but I think raise is not allowed when engaged in battle, it may sound silly, but haven't tested it. that was phase 3 though, who knows how things will work in the phase 4 version.

^^ Arcainst 22 has ressurection all 3 books should be able to raise people its more about style.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Arcanist
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#15poppybeatrixPosted 8/5/2013 4:26:50 PM
Scholar will be available in Phase 4 beta. All we know is abilities that pave been posted.
#16EthelkPosted 8/6/2013 7:33:01 PM
FF14_BABEYY posted...
For the guys who got fairly far with CNJ in the beta, (let's say level 25 or 30+,) what kind of skill rotation did you use? Is it mostly just spamming Cure? How involved was it?

Starting Haukke's Manor for the first time at Lvl 29. Healing felt kinda dated as I didn't find a staff better then my GC staff which I got on Lvl 22 until lvl 29 i bought at the shop which was +1 stronger. But once you complete it there's quite a medium to very high chance of getting the Heart of d'Alendre staff making your heals way better since it was +9 better then my store bought walnut cane.
http://www.ffxivinfo.com/items/conjurer.php

Once I hit 32 and got Free Cure it made things way much more easier than before.
But Skillwise I suggest the moment you get Repose start using it as it will make things much easier if you don't already have a THM with sleep in the party. Since there will be only one enemy attacking the tank at a time when you put the others asleep make it so that you don't have to spam cure, in fact if I was just healing then I would have literally wasted minutes with full MP while the tank is taking mininal damage that s/he can regen themselves if they dodge attacks and have up to date armor.
So I could actually help DPS since Quake II was keeping up with the THMs Fire II. By the time I reached the next mob I would have full MP anyways, so the faster the better.
TIP: you can put some mid-bosses to sleep like the 2nd one in Brayflox, and I think the basement mid-boss duo in HM. You can also knock back bombs before they can explode with fluid aura so use it if you can't escape! But if no one is in range just let it blow.... Or you can be a total dick and knock it to your allies lol but I've never done that.

As in what cross skills I used were:
-Foresight 20% DEF boost, but rarely get to use it with good tanks
-Raging Strikes 20% damage boost for DPS, mainly solo though
-Featherfoot 15% EVA boost, combined with the GLD's enhanced Flash so if enemies do attack you then they will be blinded by flash also boosting your EVA rate
-Thunder for DoT, which is less MP and about 150% stronger than Aero(which I only use for the poison proximity bombs in Totorak dungeon or quick kills on weak enemies)
-Convalsence boosts all HP heals to yourself by 20%, for emergencies.
-Internal Release boosts Crit rate by 20% for Crit heals and damage.
-Second Wind to heal myself 15%HP+20% with Convalsence for emergency healing.
-Swiftcast(lvl 26 THM) for insta-heal or insta-raise.

Though later on with proper Equipment and frequent use of repose then healing it felt so laid back in Brayflox. Especially Cure>Freecure>Cure II, throw in Internal release and you may heal over 500! Even during the boss fights I barely went below 900-1000MP out of 1350MP(if the tank wand everyone was dodging & interupting the boss's charges that is.

the_hunter_gta posted...

What is this "high enough level"

Is there or will there be any death penalty, or just maybe a the cost to go back to wherever Home is set?

Lvl28 Enhanced Raise, its in the trait section.
The weakened state is lowered HP/MP and maybe TP or just empty TP not sure how long it lasts since I'm not the one being raised...