Can someone explain cross-class abilities to me?

#1Ein_SophPosted 8/7/2013 10:27:03 PM
I've heard that some actions may be used by one class if you've learned them for another. I'm not too clear on this. Another thing is, I've read/heard that not all the class actions will cross over? That is, you may be able to use conjurer abilities if you've unlocked them and your current class is say, marauder, but not if you're a pugilist. I realize that that specific combination may not actually BE.

Can someone clarify this for me?
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#2servb0tsPosted 8/7/2013 10:49:26 PM(edited)
okay 1 sec, okay back.

Cross Class is Certain abilities certain jobs can add.

DoW/M = Disciples of War/ Magic Pugilist, Gladiator, Marauder, Archer, Lancer, Conjurer, Thaumaturge & Arcainst. They get 10 Cross Class Abilities think of them as rookie-novic stage.

Advance jobs. Bard, Paladin, Dragoon, Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Summoner & Scholar. They get 5 Cross Class Abilities think of them as Elite-Master of DoW/M Final Stage.

Certain abilities everyone gets like Conjure Heal, Protect, Stoneskin, however other Cross Class Abilities certain Classes & Jobs get. so it very limited. look at chart below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AsPI9Wq6z6GwdHJEYmR0Qjk4QzV2SmYzVzhYTVdCSkE&toomany=true#gid=0

---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#3tigg06Posted 8/7/2013 10:46:18 PM
Just basically depending on how high you level jobs, when you level a "sub" job you will have some "abilities" that can be used from the other jobs. Some are useless to certain jobs, but from what I understand if you cross the right jobs like Conj and Thm I think was a good example it can be quite beneficial..
For instance, you may start as a Pugilist and then decide to level Gladiator. Well, you might find one of your Pug "weaponskills" carries over to you Gld, which does you no good since its a H2H ws.

Just a made up example, its not always weapon related, could be spells learned as well I think.

hope that helps.. think I confused myself :p
---
psn - tiggman ninid - christophers xboxlive - tigg06
#4project7zeroPosted 8/7/2013 10:46:50 PM
i found this

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678050-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/66851981
---
have yet to figure out how to double quote
#5AtnevonPosted 8/7/2013 10:48:22 PM
1. All abilities have a list of classes that can use that ability.

2. If an ability is native to a class, that class will always have access to that ability.

3. A class may equip 1 non-native ability for every 5 levels gained. For example, a level 20 character may equip 4 non-native abilities.

4. A job is FURTHER limited in what non-native abilities they may equip. A job may only equip non-native abilities from exactly 2 classes. Those 2 classes are specified by the particular job. For example, a class may be able to equip eligible abilities from any class, but its Job may only be able to equip eligible abilities from gladiator and pugilist.
#6dmljrPosted 8/8/2013 1:11:41 PM
tigg06 posted...
Just basically depending on how high you level jobs, when you level a "sub" job you will have some "abilities" that can be used from the other jobs. Some are useless to certain jobs, but from what I understand if you cross the right jobs like Conj and Thm I think was a good example it can be quite beneficial..
For instance, you may start as a Pugilist and then decide to level Gladiator. Well, you might find one of your Pug "weaponskills" carries over to you Gld, which does you no good since its a H2H ws.

Just a made up example, its not always weapon related, could be spells learned as well I think.

hope that helps.. think I confused myself :p
Doesn't work like, If you can equip the skill it will be usable, regardless of the weapon type, though the range will vary. Like a lancer can use an archer attack, though its range will be limited to spear length.
---
psn id: dmljr xbox360 id : Sword of Dawn Wii: 0186 9165 8762 2178