Question about how to pay the monthly fee (its a lil different than most)

#1ConflictedX3Posted 8/13/2013 9:44:10 AM
i checked SE, i googled, i used the search bar at the bottom so don't counter me with the basic gamefaq-etiquette, if you look at my account you'd be well aware i've been using these boards since Legend Of Dragoon was still in development, i'm no n00b

but i am a n00b to paying monthly fee's, so i wanted to know if theres any variation to how monthly fee's are payed, i'm not the type to register my card and have the money automatically taken out month by month i just don't feel comfortable with that, and going to the website once a month to pay for my subscription like i do my phone bill is o.k with me albeit a bit annoying but what i really want to know is can i simply just pay for the year? i'd much rather drop $130 or whatever the year amount is and enjoy myself at my leisure than paying month by month and feeling obligated to get my $13 worth each month

so for MMO-monthly players do you know if i can just pay for the year or atleast go month by month by logging in, ANYTHING other than having them automatically take money from my card each month?
---
PSN ID: ConflictX3
Name: Conflict
#2xenosaga123Posted 8/13/2013 9:47:45 AM
They confirmed time cards for FFXIV ARR will be sold in game stores internationally.

I guess they are like PSN Cards but specifically used for FFXIV ARR, you just add the code to whatever
the card says and that registers your account for whatever time that card is made for (1 month, 90 days, etc.)

So yea with time cards you can pay up front without any debt, and without requiring a bank account or
paypal or anything like that.

Just buy time card for the amount of days you wanna subscribe for. Input that code at whatever
account redeem code page through FFXIV ARR, and that should enable your account to be playable
for that timeframe.

Then when it runs out you can have another card ready to pay for more days/months.
#3SyggysPosted 8/13/2013 9:48:31 AM
Not a year, but you can do 6 months or 3 months.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#4JStewVGMPosted 8/13/2013 9:49:28 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
They confirmed time cards for FFXIV ARR will be sold in game stores internationally.

I guess they are like PSN Cards but specifically used for FFXIV ARR, you just add the code to whatever
the card says and that registers your account for whatever time that card is made for (1 month, 90 days, etc.)

So yea with time cards you can pay up front without any debt, and without requiring a bank account or
paypal or anything like that.

Just buy time card for the amount of days you wanna subscribe for. Input that code at whatever
account redeem code page through FFXIV ARR, and that should enable your account to be playable
for that timeframe.

Then when it runs out you can have another card ready to pay for more days/months.

Exactly what I'm planning on doing. Getting a 90 day to start and then entering another 90 (or whatever) with a month left so It will never run out.
#5Godly_GoofPosted 8/13/2013 9:51:01 AM
Buy a years worth of cards and stack them all at once :P
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#6ConflictedX3(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 12:40:47 PM
thats absolutely perfect because i know e, every mmo i played is about 2-3 years worth of work on & off inbetween any major titles so thats great, this year is stacked with great titles but since i anticipate ps4 won't have a great selection till closer to 2015 (jesus the fact that i can say the year 2015 and notbe talking about a sci-fi film) i can chuck out $$ for a 6-month card whenever i'm bored and theres nothing out to play like what happens every so often.

thanks everyone!
---
PSN ID: ConflictX3
Name: Conflict
#7gtaking5Posted 8/13/2013 12:49:22 PM
(jesus the fact that i can say the year 2015 and notbe talking about a sci-fi film)

I know exactly what you mean. But 2014 will have some great games. Like Second Son and maybe Agent(R*'s next game after GTA V, I presume)
---
Damn Dude
#8Neo-GoldPosted 8/18/2013 12:52:40 AM
I know I read that they will even have incentives for buying chunks at a time. The post said there's rewards for 30, 60, and 90 days and they're working on 180 and full year options.
#9negi_magicianPosted 8/18/2013 3:22:12 AM
Discounts, eh? That's agreeable to my tastes.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v224/moxillaq/143295be.jpg http://i.minus.com/icoanl6pmo7mD.gif
http://emmyc.com/HOTINHERE.gif