A little confused on leveling multiple classes

#1ToInt32Posted 8/15/2013 3:12:12 PM
I did some light searching and didn't find my answer so I apologize if this is an annoying question that borders on common knowledge.

Anyway, how do you level multiple classes? Are quests repeatable or does each class have its own quests or is there something else? Also, is there an overall player level as well as job/class level or are they one-and-the-same?
---
Converting your world, one integer at a time.
#2kyrobertPosted 8/15/2013 3:17:31 PM
ToInt32 posted...
I did some light searching and didn't find my answer so I apologize if this is an annoying question that borders on common knowledge.

Anyway, how do you level multiple classes? Are quests repeatable or does each class have its own quests or is there something else? Also, is there an overall player level as well as job/class level or are they one-and-the-same?

There's only class levels. You switch weapons and you're that class's level. Once you get a class's job, it will carry on from level 30 of the jobs level 30 class prerequisite. And normal quests are not repeatable. Repeatable quest are indicated in the quest text, or just by the type of quest they are (guildleves being an example),
---
"But you won't care about it, because you'll be dead. And when you're dead, you're dead. But until then, there's ice cream." -Patrick Jane.
#3ToInt32(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 3:21:50 PM
Hrm. So say for instance I start as a THM and get to 20. Now I want to check out LNC so I switch. What do I do to level it [assuming quests I did as THM are no longer available]?
---
#4servb0tsPosted 8/15/2013 3:42:35 PM
ToInt32 posted...
Hrm. So say for instance I start as a THM and get to 20. Now I want to check out LNC so I switch. What do I do to level it [assuming quests I did as THM are no longer available]?

you go to join guild first than switch weapons TC here.

http://www.infobarrel.com/Final_Fantasy_XIV_A_Realm_Reborn_Job_and_Class_System_Explained
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#5ToInt32(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 3:55:52 PM(edited)
Thanks for the reply and all, but specifically I'm asking about means of gaining exp here.
(edit for typo)
---
#6jamesfarrow2003Posted 8/15/2013 3:53:06 PM
I like htis topic, since I was wondering this too. If I understand it correctly, if have finished all of the level 1-20 quests on my first class, I am then left to do leve's for leveling up subsequent classes ( with some exp boost for the new class)
#7Lodovido_RiversPosted 8/15/2013 3:55:27 PM
Most quests aren't repeatable. You're able to repeat levequests and guildhests. Levequests are quests you can pick up and do solo or with a party. Guildhests are instanced quests you take on with a party.

Besides that, each class gets their own hunting log. A hunting log has you hunt down monsters. Once you hunt a monsters belonging to a tier in the log, you get a ton of exp and once you complete the entire rank, you get even more exp. There are also FATEs, class quests, and dungeons to take part of. There are also NPC quests around the world. Other classes get an exp boost (other classes besides your highest level class)
#8kyrobertPosted 8/15/2013 3:58:58 PM
ToInt32 posted...
Thanks for the replay and all, but specifically I'm asking about means of gaining exp here.

There are starting quests in the other cities you can do, until levequests become available. Theres also hunter logs for each class that give exp for killing certain mobs. There's other things I'm sure but I can't think of them atm..
---
"But you won't care about it, because you'll be dead. And when you're dead, you're dead. But until then, there's ice cream." -Patrick Jane.
#9kyrobertPosted 8/15/2013 4:01:19 PM
Lodovido_Rivers posted...
Most quests aren't repeatable. You're able to repeat levequests and guildhests. Levequests are quests you can pick up and do solo or with a party. Guildhests are instanced quests you take on with a party.

Besides that, each class gets their own hunting log. A hunting log has you hunt down monsters. Once you hunt a monsters belonging to a tier in the log, you get a ton of exp and once you complete the entire rank, you get even more exp. There are also FATEs, class quests, and dungeons to take part of. There are also NPC quests around the world. Other classes get an exp boost (other classes besides your highest level class)

You only get the exp boost once you max your first class.
---
#10ToInt32(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 4:01:42 PM
Aight, thanks for the info guys. I was worried it would be a hassle but it seems like there should be enough exp to go around.
---