Stupid questions time? Stupid questions time...

#1Boa_NoahPosted 8/19/2013 7:59:12 AM
So what's the deal with jobs? I know they're some sort of soul crystal you equip but how does this work in regards to looks and stuff? As far as I know every single black mage in the game will have the exact same outfit (until they release the vanity slots in 6 months or whatever.) Wouldn't this kind of ruin the individuality players like to have? I personally spent a while making my character on the bench mark and I think it'd be kind of s****y to have my Lala instantly become 'another' faceless black mage (it's the most covered up class in the game imo.)

What do you guys think? Will there be some customization available to jobs or will we all look the same when we get to max level?

Also why does the black mage chocobo barding have a white/tan hat? If you compare that outfit to the black mage's it just doesn't look right at all, same with the paladin one, and I think its kind of stupid to put a hood on the white mage chocobo (it covers up the damn thing's eyes.)
---
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah
#2MANIACALx0N3Posted 8/19/2013 12:31:27 PM
Boa_Noah posted...
So what's the deal with jobs? I know they're some sort of soul crystal you equip but how does this work in regards to looks and stuff? As far as I know every single black mage in the game will have the exact same outfit (until they release the vanity slots in 6 months or whatever.) Wouldn't this kind of ruin the individuality players like to have? I personally spent a while making my character on the bench mark and I think it'd be kind of s****y to have my Lala instantly become 'another' faceless black mage (it's the most covered up class in the game imo.)

What do you guys think? Will there be some customization available to jobs or will we all look the same when we get to max level?

Also why does the black mage chocobo barding have a white/tan hat? If you compare that outfit to the black mage's it just doesn't look right at all, same with the paladin one, and I think its kind of stupid to put a hood on the white mage chocobo (it covers up the damn thing's eyes.)

I thought I heard something about being able to Dye your armor.. I could be entirely wrong though. That is one thing that could set you a part from the other clones, I'm hoping they have some rare armor we could work our ass off for to make us stand out.
#3SelkiPrimePosted 8/19/2013 12:34:02 PM
You dont just turn into a black mage... that gear they are wearing is artifact gear... you have to get each piece individually... and you cannot dye it.
---
PSN: Zero_Exe
Gamertag : FamilyExe
#4NathanmgPosted 8/19/2013 12:55:25 PM
Yeah I dyed all my gear red on my 20 THM.

Got the ability from a level 15 quest to give an orange juice to someone.
#5Boa_Noah(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 7:18:37 PM
SelkiPrime posted...
You dont just turn into a black mage... that gear they are wearing is artifact gear... you have to get each piece individually... and you cannot dye it.

Ahhh, that was what I was wondering, thank you.
---
PSN: Boa-Noa
Steam: Boa_Noah
#6SyggysPosted 8/19/2013 7:51:12 PM
AF gear is just the first tier though, there'll be plenty more tiers above that to get in dungeons and raids etc
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss