Well there be a Dual-Wielding Class/Ability in the future?

#1VirusChrisPosted 8/19/2013 4:05:48 PM
I've been very fond towards Dual-Wielding Fighting Styles, especially Dual Swords, and I'm hoping Square Enix will release a class or ability to allow our characters to wield dual weapons in the future as I don't think currently they have such a feature yet.

I believe the Ninja class in FFXI has Dual Wielding and I hope they bring it back or the Dual Wield ability.

Did they mention anything about Dual Wielding? And do I need to be on the Beta Forums to suggest it in case they didn't plan it yet?
---
"Invoke... VIRAKIN SOUL!!!" ~ from my Virakins global manga project.
Official Husband of Caster of the Fate/Extra boards
#2sean2995Posted 8/19/2013 4:07:58 PM
There is a huge list of weapons that aren't even in the game. We'll probably see something in the future, so don't give up hope.

Not sure how many classes/jobs they'll add in the future but heres hoping they don't wait too long to release ones people want.
#3skeith2020Posted 8/19/2013 4:09:05 PM
Nothing yet on dual wielding but I think they were gonna add ninja in an expansion at some point so they might do it then.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: Weiss | 0347-7365-1981
PSN ID: Agito2014 GT: C5150Angus
#4VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 4:11:36 PM
sean2995 posted...
There is a huge list of weapons that aren't even in the game. We'll probably see something in the future, so don't give up hope.

Not sure how many classes/jobs they'll add in the future but heres hoping they don't wait too long to release ones people want.

Huge list? How huge?

So far I'm loving FFXIV: ARR after finally getting to play FFXIV for the first time and I'm in love with the FATE system already, but I didn't like some of the early equipment. It might take a while before I can wear gears I want... I like to have two separate equipment; one for armor bonuses and one for appearance looks.

So far I like the starting gear except for the long boots and the other glove that covers most of your left arm.
---
#5XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 8/19/2013 4:11:49 PM
Incoming GUNBLADE SOLDIER SKYPILOT DUAL GREAT SWORD WIELDER JOB speculations.

Speculation speculation speculation.

Nothing else, that's all we have. The Producer Director just talks a lot about what classes he'd like to see, yes, some of them were Thief, Ninja, Musketeer, Dark Knight and whatever else.

I want Dual Wielding myself, personally, but with the way auto-attacking and all that crap is implemented and how you don't have individual attack animations for both your weapons (see Pugilist/Monk), the only purpose it would serve is aesthetics and maybe some statistical changes or something.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX
#6VirusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 4:21:30 PM
XCrimsonSamurai posted...
Incoming GUNBLADE SOLDIER SKYPILOT DUAL GREAT SWORD WIELDER JOB speculations.

Speculation speculation speculation.

Nothing else, that's all we have. The Producer Director just talks a lot about what classes he'd like to see, yes, some of them were Thief, Ninja, Musketeer, Dark Knight and whatever else.

I want Dual Wielding myself, personally, but with the way auto-attacking and all that crap is implemented and how you don't have individual attack animations for both your weapons (see Pugilist/Monk), the only purpose it would serve is aesthetics and maybe some statistical changes or something.

I would like it if the Dual Wielding can make your character faster and hit harder or twice as much consider you have two weapons to wield though your defense might be lower as you're not wielding a shield or something to protect you.
---
#7servb0tsPosted 8/19/2013 4:26:01 PM
Dual-Wielding Dagger-Thief, Guns-Musketter, or Katana-Ninja be awesome.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P MML3
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar
#8SilentNova777Posted 8/19/2013 4:26:16 PM
I am not sure. Normally Ninjas in Final Fantasy have that ability or a few items allow it. The lack of it so far suggests that it is not likely. Would be cool to dual wield though.
---
PSN: SilentNova XBox Live:SilentNova777 Wii:7762-0631-5048-5334 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom:2450-6027-0846/S.Nova
#9DakkoNPosted 8/19/2013 4:33:36 PM
I could imagine if dual wielding were put in this game that it would be like 1 item that you equip but when you're using it it's actually 2 weapons in your hands, instead of letting you equip 2 separate weapons. /NIN in XI was kinda overpowered for certain jobs (like dual wielding 1h axe with Kraken Club in off-hand) and having your dual wielded weapons share one slot and attributes would keep the balance on the weapons.

Either that, or have the main hand weapons be about half the damage of normal one hand weapons and then have weapons for the off-hand/shield slot that would also be about half of a normal weapon.
#10XCrimsonSamuraiPosted 8/19/2013 4:35:23 PM
Dual Wielding wouldn't make you attack faster than you would say, with one weapon.

Okay, I'll buy into the speculation and give my thoughts on what I think Dual Wielding might be close to, or at least, if a system like this were adopted, it would work fairly well:

Right now, they could allow Gladiator to wield a second sword instead of a shield. This could open up possibilities for them to add Dark Knight as a branching Job to Gladiator if they alter some of the abilities and convert them from tank to DPS (Yoshida mentioned they may do this with Gladiator/Dark Knight).

Wielding a second sword wouldn't make you attack faster than you would with one sword, it might gain a 50% speed penalty, WHILE being at least faster than two-handed weapons. However, your auto-attack damage output would be stronger, you would gain bonus stats from your second sword (ex. a weapon has STR/VIT and other stats, you would gain maybe 15% of those stats), and they would be combined in the same sense that a Weapon and Shield combine their stats together to become comparable to a two-handed weapon.

Dual Wielding alters your auto-attack animations, as well as weapon skill animations and boosts potency of weapon skills. So, let's say you're a Gladiator and you wield two swords, this is what your skill's potency would look like with a shield and with dual wield (assuming combos):

Fast Blade: 150 > 170
Savage Blade: 200 > 230
Rage of Halone: 260 > 300

Notice how you're dual wielding and your skill potencies now become comparable to that of say, a Lancer's combo potencies. If dual wielding is done like this, it wouldn't be TOO complex and still provide plenty incentive to choose a second sword over a shield if you are not currently tanking.

They could add other classes in the future that are capable of dual wielding under this same system; classes that wield daggers or blades (Thief/Ninja), or maybe even that Musketeer class could wield two pistols, it could be a system that becomes an integral part of weapon choices for classes.
---
PSN and NNID: CrimsonSamuraiX