Bone Chips?

#1dhampire1Posted 8/27/2013 4:12:52 PM
I'm doing the early mining quest where I have to find bone chips, but I can't find them anywhere. I don't really know that area since I was mainly playing in a different town. I saw where someone said by the station or by the guy you give pretzels to, but I still have no clue where they are talking about
#2VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/27/2013 4:16:09 PM
Go out the northern gate of Ul'Dah, then head northeast (mostly east), and find a station that has railroad tracks running to the north.

Follow the tracks a little until you see a ridge to the right. Bone Chips will be in the mining points there.
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#3dhampire1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:25:51 PM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
Go out the northern gate of Ul'Dah, then head northeast (mostly east), and find a station that has railroad tracks running to the north.

Follow the tracks a little until you see a ridge to the right. Bone Chips will be in the mining points there.

is that the town with the giant crystal in it?
do I have to be hire than level 10 to find them?
#4VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/27/2013 4:30:26 PM
dhampire1 posted...
VampLordAdamaru posted...

is that the town with the giant crystal in it?
do I have to be hire than level 10 to find them?

All of the towns have an Aetheryte (giant crystal).

You don't have to be 10 to FIND them, but you have to be at least level 10 and have completed the level 10 class quest for your starting class before you can learn the other classes.

Gridania is the starting city with lots of greenery/trees.

Limsa Lominsa is the starting city on the ocean.

Ul'Dah is the starting city that is semi-desert-ish.

What class did you start with?
---
#5dhampire1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:34:22 PM
Sorry not sure why I said 10, I started in gridania, I meant can I still mine there where you're talking about with the lvl 6 lay of the land 2?
#6VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/27/2013 4:36:01 PM
dhampire1 posted...
Sorry not sure why I said 10, I started in gridania, I meant can I still mine there where you're talking about with the lvl 6 lay of the land 2?

Yes, you should be able to mine them. If you're doing the level 5 Miners Guild quest, then they're Level 5 Mineral Deposits.
---
#7dhampire1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:36:47 PM
I just found a place with them actually, thanks it's by the tracks but not that town though, I didn't know there was mining in this area
#8dhampire1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 4:37:56 PM
dhampire1 posted...
I just found a place with them actually, thanks it's by the tracks but not that town though, I didn't know there was mining in this area

i kept thinking people were talking about the town more up north
#9VampLordAdamaruPosted 8/27/2013 4:41:47 PM
dhampire1 posted...
dhampire1 posted...

i kept thinking people were talking about the town more up north

Yeah, there's a sanctuary/open "town" called Blackbrush with an Aetheryte in it. Ul'Dah is the big city where you learn Thaumaturge, Pugilist, Gladiator, Miner, Goldsmith, Alchemist, and Weaver classes.

If you start from Blackbrush, the mining point is to the south along the tracks.

If you start from Ul'Dah's Central Thanalan exit, it's to the east-northeast.
---