Ever quit a dungeon due to rude *****? Well I just did at The Sunken Temple.

#1-GLICE-Posted 9/1/2013 1:12:44 AM
Right as soon as the match started I was told that I had to mark every enemy. As the tank (paladin) I feel as if that is not my job, as I am already doing so much. Also, it is a huge waste of time. Better to just pay attention to which enemy your team is attacking and attack whichever one befits your strategy. I don't want to have to press square and press down 4 times to mark an enemy. Takes too long and useless unless under special circumstances.

He kept on telling me what to do, even when I was already doing it. Getting on my case, getting on my nerves, telling me what to do. Told me to use provoke and flash, but...I WAS ALREADY USING FLASH AND PROVOKE AND SHIELD BASH! It is a boss, no matter what move you do, they're going to go after everyone, I used all my enmities. He kept saying "durr hurr aggro, hurr aggro aggro". I don't even know what this means, since MMO speak is not English. I do not know these terms since this is my first MMO.

So, I called him a ****** (don't know if this is censored on GF) and a rude ***** (this is censored, really?!) and told him that I was leaving and then left.

I am not a one man party, and other people need to do their jobs too and it doesn't all fall on me, even though the healer and tank have the most responsibility. First dungeon I failed. Most groups have been hella cool though.

I really hate people as it is because of these types of reasons so I wish I could play through Final Fantasy XIV in its entirety solo. I don't play well with others.

Have you ever quit due to rudeness?

I will not tolerate "professional" MMO elitists. It did not come to mind that I would have to deal with those sorts of people until now.
---
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/nich.jpg
http://i1306.photobucket.com/albums/s574/akxsion/Val.jpg
#2BlueBombei2Posted 9/1/2013 1:14:50 AM
Uhh as the tank you ARE suppose to mark your targets. Still no reason to be a butt about it I guess.
---
'We try to moderate out of necessity, not because someone wants to pretend that their feelings got destroyed." Baseman (Moderator)
#3eviltimsPosted 9/1/2013 1:17:10 AM
I have encounter rude people, usually they r the ones that leaves, saying the party is messing up and it is our fault. The team would probably work better if they stop ripping on members and explain things better if they think they are so good.
#4eviltimsPosted 9/1/2013 1:19:46 AM
Btw aggro just means have the mobs focus on u, like when u use provoke they attack u instead of the other members.
#5-GLICE-(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 1:22:24 AM
eviltims posted...
Btw aggro just means have the mobs focus on u, like when u use provoke they attack u instead of the other members.

Yeah, well, it confused me since I was using provoke and flash and he kept on going on about aggro, and he told me to use provoke. I told him I was and got fed up and left. He told me to do something I was already doing and being ornery about it.

eviltims posted...
I have encounter rude people, usually they r the ones that leaves, saying the party is messing up and it is our fault. The team would probably work better if they stop ripping on members and explain things better if they think they are so good.

Yeah, it ruins morale.

Also, I don't think people are going to want to be helpful and supportive toward douchey people.

BlueBombei2 posted...
Uhh as the tank you ARE suppose to mark your targets. Still no reason to be a butt about it I guess.

Says who? Is it a law? The tank and the healer are the ones doing all the work. Are the other two even doing anything? I'm the one doing crowd control.

I remember back in phase 3 that I was the conjurer and my team insisted that I mark the targets. And then some teams don't worry about marking targets.

I'm not going to press 10 buttons to attack 1 enemy. If you have eyes you can see which enemy your team is attacking.
---
#6MMX377Posted 9/1/2013 1:24:53 AM
As a Gladator/Marauder, Being a tank must provoke the boss and enemies away from the group, so they can attack them from the behind. Plus, have good cure spells to heal the tank. Otherwise, fighting alone cannot take enemies on without the help of the group/allies.
---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#7zeldashoPosted 9/1/2013 1:25:08 AM
Black Mage rolled need on my weapon, and I'm a White Mage.

Guess who rage quit on the spot.
---
PSN:SgtWiggles WiiU:SgtWiggles FFXIV:Dawn Aensland
Now Playing: P4A, Dragons Crown, Etrian Odyssey 4, Disgaea 4, BB:Extend, FFXIV, Saints Row IV, Pokemon HGSS
#8BlueBombei2Posted 9/1/2013 1:25:11 AM
-GLICE- posted...
eviltims posted...

Yeah, well, it confused me since I was using provoke and flash and he kept on going on about aggro, and he told me to use provoke. I told him I was and got fed up and left. He told me to do something I was already doing and being ornery about it.

eviltims posted...

Yeah, it ruins morale.

Also, I don't think people are going to want to be helpful and supportive toward douchey people.

BlueBombei2 posted...

Says who? Is it a law? The tank and the healer are the ones doing all the work. Are the other two even doing anything? I'm the one doing crowd control.

I remember back in phase 3 that I was the conjurer and my team insisted that I mark the targets. And then some teams don't worry about marking targets.

I'm not going to press 10 buttons to attack 1 enemy. If you have eyes you can see which enemy your team is attacking.

-sighs-
---
'We try to moderate out of necessity, not because someone wants to pretend that their feelings got destroyed." Baseman (Moderator)
#9-GLICE-(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 1:33:16 AM
MMX377 posted...
As a Gladator/Marauder, Being a tank must provoke the boss and enemies away from the group, so they can attack them from the behind. Plus, have good cure spells to heal the tank. Otherwise, fighting alone cannot take enemies on without the help of the group/allies.

Yes, I know which is why I was using provoke and flash.

BlueBombei2 posted...
-sighs-

Wanna say what you're sighing about, or are you just going to be rude like that other person? Have you even played as a tank? Do you even know all what you have to do?

And no way I ever wanna be healer, they have way too much responsibility trying to keep people alive.
---
#10sittiphonePosted 9/1/2013 1:42:00 AM
i do the marking as both Tank and Healer. no biggy for me
---
3DS FC: 4484-8626-4704
PSN Nebilos