Which class/job would you like to see next?

#1StormfeatherPosted 9/7/2013 5:50:33 PM
Yeah, I know that people are saying probably musketeer or something else pistol-based, but... what would you LIKE to see come up next?

Personally, the one I'm most wanting is Blue Mage. I know a lot of people want Thief and Ninja, and that's understandable... but Blue Mage for me.

Partly because I've just always liked the job, but partly because I'd like to see *something* at least that has a bit of variety. Currently all the classes/jobs have all the same stuff at the same levels. You get the skills automatically, or at most have to do a quest at certain levels to get some of them... and who goes without doing those quests?

Anyhow, not really sure what class Blue Mage would go off of, or maybe it would be its own separate thing totally. Ooo, or maybe a sort of "trainer" class, which would split off into different beast-related jobs like Blue Mage and Beastmaster. Although waiting until level 30 to start learning special skills and all would be... difficult.

Aside from Blue Mage I'd also like to see Red Mage, if only because that's what my main FFXI character class was. And it doesn't quite seem like a proper Final Fantasy without it. Although really Arcanists/summoners seem to fill a lot of the roles of a Red Mage (dots, some physical abilities through summons, decent magical attacks, some healing abilities), so... I don't know! Maybe they'd go off one of the physical classes this time, and just get some magical abilities added on?
---
Please insert witty quote here.
3DS Friend Code: 0559 7534 8937 AC Dream Address: 4100 2146 2004
#2Chariot_of_GodPosted 9/7/2013 5:53:10 PM
I'd love an oracle (from FFT) type class...decent melee damage, not top tier, but magic abilities to buff/debuff and cc...
---
Eve Online: Abel Merkabah
#3baron_bubbaPosted 9/7/2013 5:58:09 PM
Dark Knight as a DPS job. Not sure about it's prerequisites, but the thought of a job which increases damage with HP loss, and even sacrifices HP to do so, just sounds so intriguing.
#4JeticeboiPosted 9/7/2013 5:58:34 PM
I could see blue mage coming from gladiator and thm... That would make some sense..

Im just confused how the spells woukd work out... I think they would make it so that you learn the enemy spells by leveling up rather than actually hunting down the monster and killing it.... That would be cool.

Im for blu and bst

I think bst could stem from maurader and maybe.... .... I dunno lets spice it up and say culinarian haha cause you need treats.... And all the pets you get would probably .. Once again come from set level ups like it did for smn... But they give you a list to pick from so everybody has something different as far as pets...
---
PSN: Jetice
FFXIV ARR: Jetice Stylus | Phoenix Server | Summoner
#5baron_bubbaPosted 9/7/2013 6:03:16 PM
Jeticeboi posted...
I dunno lets spice it up and say culinarian haha cause you need treats...

Tradecraft to access a job? No thanks. Based on mechanics... Archer and Arcanist? An outdoors, ranger type bending natural, not magical, beasts to their will?
#6JeticeboiPosted 9/7/2013 6:07:07 PM
baron_bubba posted...
Jeticeboi posted...
I dunno lets spice it up and say culinarian haha cause you need treats...

Tradecraft to access a job? No thanks. Based on mechanics... Archer and Arcanist? An outdoors, ranger type bending natural, not magical, beasts to their will?

I like that better! I couldnt think of any secondary class .. I just remember making treats all day on ffxi. But that sounds awesome... Using Archer...
---
PSN: Jetice
FFXIV ARR: Jetice Stylus | Phoenix Server | Summoner
#7SyggysPosted 9/7/2013 6:18:15 PM
Any class as long as its a tank. I love tanking, and it'd be cool to see another one, maybe as a 2nd job for an existing DPS class. PGL could get a tank stance and fist weapons that double as bucklers or something cool like that, but I dunno what the job would be called.. Fighter? Thats a classic FF job isn't it? I dunno lol.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#8Cloud25Posted 9/7/2013 6:19:38 PM
Need a DPS class that uses swords.
#9SyggysPosted 9/7/2013 6:21:42 PM
Cloud25 posted...

While I agree that having no sword DPS is definitely something that needs to be rectified, its more important to balance up the Tank/Healer to DPS ratio a bit more first. Add more DPS classes and the duty finder will be even worse than it is now.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#10baron_bubbaPosted 9/7/2013 6:22:46 PM
Cloud25 posted...

Dark Knight!