question about going from archer to bard

#1thearcadian87Posted 9/16/2013 8:43:49 AM
So at level 30I can turn my archer into a bard if I have white mage level to 15 right? if I do that would I not miss out on all the skills that an archer would have learned from 30 to 50? now am I able to level my archer up to 50 and then choose the bard route? Or am I getting this all wrong and I can switch between archer and bard just like every other class in the game? sorry for so many questions
#2rutsahl_Posted 9/16/2013 8:49:02 AM
The job is simply an item you equip to the Soul Gem slot on your character. Both archer and bard will always be the same level no matter which you are gaining experience on. Also, Bard will have all the skills an Archer has except it just gets a few extra as well. All your stats will go up slightly and you will lose a few of the cross-class ability slots.

Basically it makes you a more focused and stronger job, but less flexible.
---
Get outta my face before I decide to messy-wess you up!
FFXI Rutsahl, Siren server: 75+ blm,whm,rdm,war,mnk,drk,drg,pup,bst,smn,dnc,pld,blu,nin,cor
#3XIIIFinalPosted 9/16/2013 8:50:21 AM
thearcadian87 posted...
So at level 30I can turn my archer into a bard if I have white mage level to 15 right? if I do that would I not miss out on all the skills that an archer would have learned from 30 to 50? now am I able to level my archer up to 50 and then choose the bard route? Or am I getting this all wrong and I can switch between archer and bard just like every other class in the game? sorry for so many questions

You can be a bard and you'll still learn the archer skills your Bard/Archer are pretty much 1 'class' with the bard being the Job. the bard will have its own skill tab under the normal skills in the JOB tab. So pretty much leveling bard is leveling Archer
---
XBL ; Bakunetsu Break.
PSN ; OdinExEterna
#4KingOfCarpPosted 9/16/2013 8:52:14 AM
You need to have Pugalist at Lv. 15, not Conjurer. I made that mistake too. I DO like having Cure and Protect abilities for my Archer though. I'm a Lv. 41 Archer with a Lv 15 Conjurer as well. I'm waiting until I hit Lv. 50 to start a Pugalist Class to bring to 15. If you want to secure everything the archer has for skills, wait until 50 and then start on your Pugalist. Bards do have some unique abilities from what I hear.
#5YamijiiPosted 9/16/2013 8:55:50 AM
KingOfCarp posted...
You need to have Pugalist at Lv. 15, not Conjurer. I made that mistake too. I DO like having Cure and Protect abilities for my Archer though. I'm a Lv. 41 Archer with a Lv 15 Conjurer as well. I'm waiting until I hit Lv. 50 to start a Pugalist Class to bring to 15. If you want to secure everything the archer has for skills, wait until 50 and then start on your Pugalist. Bards do have some unique abilities from what I hear.

I'd suggest actually starting on the pugilist right now. There are some minor stat increases when you are using your Bard soul gem but the main reason is that at Lv. 45 Bard you'll receive your class quest to go track down most of your artefact gear minus the chest piece. Which is a significant stat increase to most gear before end game.
---
PSN: Gigetsu. Destiny Lvl 200 Fighter/Ranger Ult/Scath
2nd PSN: Sovereign-Erebus. Leila Lvl 200 Sorcerer Ult/ Challenger