Fate grinding places

#1mhahqPosted 9/19/2013 8:03:12 AM
can someone plz list them

1>10
11>20
20>30....etc etc etc...

im lv23 Marauder.... and i want to get my Warrior asap so that i can continue the story :>

thanks in advance
---
No pain No gain
#2xenosaga123Posted 9/19/2013 8:13:38 AM
Also to note that food gives extra % of EXP bonus.

Being in a high ranked Free Company gives bonus EXP earnings.

and I think having a level 50 class, raises 50% EXP you earn for anything else you level up (supposedly).

You can use preorder/CE headgear items for bonus EXP for level 1-9.

http://accomp.me/ffxiv/fate-farming-guide/

1. Large party FATEs

For those who donít know, Full Party FATE farming is the fastest way to gain experience in FFXIV: ARR. FATEs are dynamic events that spawn throughout the various regions of Eorzea. Based on your participation in the FATE, you earn experience and additional rewards, such as Grand Company seals. By quickly moving from one FATE to another for an extended period of time with a large group, you can level up very quickly.

Please consider the follow list as a reference for which zone you should be farming FATEs in, depending on your level. While I wonít go into great detail about priority of FATEs, please note there are specific FATEs in each zone that yield much higher experience than others and these should be prioritized.

1-12: Horizon in Western Thanalan (Thanalan)
13-20: Aleport in Western La Noscea (La Noscea)
21-30: Quarrymill in South Shroud (Black Shroud)
28-34: Wineport / Costa Del Sol in Eastern La Noscea (La Noscea)
30-38: Dragonhead in Coerthas Central Highlands (Coerthas)
38-42: Revenantís Toll in Mor Dhona
42-50: Ceruleum Processing Plant in Northern Thanalan (Thanalan)
Rule of thumb: If more than 50% of the FATEs spawning in your zone require you to sync your level down, you should move on to a higher level zone.

mix it up with dungeon runs (highest you can do), sidequests, and guildhests and you can level up faster.

So for example, you are running fates with parties, the party disbands, or you feel like getting
EXP another way, you have these options:

2. Side Quests (particularly the higher level zones give bigger rewards)
3. Story Quests (they always give lots of EXP)
4. Guildhests (reuse the highest level one you can do for quick EXP)
5. Primals (easy trial like Ifrit could still give you like 2k-4k EXP, plus help people advance.)
6. Guildleves/Levemete (another way to get EXP, and Grand Company leves give you seals too.)
7. Hunting log (if you have a guide to find them all, this builds a lot of EXP.)
8. Dungeons (highest level dungeon you can do. repeated runs has great series of EXP.)
9. EXP mobs (if soloing, kill mobs inbetween Fates while waiting for duty finder to find people. )
10. Class/Job Guild quests (they give EXP and can unlock useful skills.)

4 and 8 can be done inbetween FATEs as much as you like, though they require not being in a FATEs party. so you can do #9 while waiting for duty finder to make a dungeon/guildhest party. You can also turn in sidequests, though it's not recommended using duty finder
while actively doing a story quest or anything Fate party related.

Overall, Sidequests, Dungeons, Class/Job Guild quests, a combination of the
highlighed ones provide a consistent generation of EXP, with a variety of things to do besides
FATEs. If you do pure FATEs, you get lots of EXP, but if you wanna get EXP other ways, that list shows a number of ways to still get decent EXP rates.
#3mhahq(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:24:33 AM
xenosaga123 posted...
Also to note that food gives extra % of EXP bonus.

Being in a high ranked Free Company gives bonus EXP earnings.

and I think having a level 50 class, raises 50% EXP you earn for anything else you level up (supposedly).

You can use preorder/CE headgear items for bonus EXP for level 1-9.

1. Large party FATEs

For those who donít know, Full Party FATE farming is the fastest way to gain experience in FFXIV: ARR. FATEs are dynamic events that spawn throughout the various regions of Eorzea. Based on your participation in the FATE, you earn experience and additional rewards, such as Grand Company seals. By quickly moving from one FATE to another for an extended period of time with a large group, you can level up very quickly.

Please consider the follow list as a reference for which zone you should be farming FATEs in, depending on your level. While I wonít go into great detail about priority of FATEs, please note there are specific FATEs in each zone that yield much higher experience than others and these should be prioritized.

Rule of thumb: If more than 50% of the FATEs spawning in your zone require you to sync your level down, you should move on to a higher level zone.

mix it up with dungeon runs (highest you can do), sidequests, and guildhests and you can level up faster.

So for example, you are running fates with parties, the party disbands, or you feel like getting
EXP another way, you have these options:

2. Side Quests (particularly the higher level zones give bigger rewards)
3. Story Quests (they always give lots of EXP)
4. Guildhests (reuse the highest level one you can do for quick EXP)
5. Primals (easy trial like Ifrit could still give you like 2k-4k EXP, plus help people advance.)
6. Guildleves/Levemete (another way to get EXP, and Grand Company leves give you seals too.)
7. Hunting log (if you have a guide to find them all, this builds a lot of EXP.)
8. Dungeons (highest level dungeon you can do. repeated runs has great series of EXP.)
9. EXP mobs (if soloing, kill mobs inbetween Fates while waiting for duty finder to find people. )
10. Class/Job Guild quests (they give EXP and can unlock useful skills.)

4 and 8 can be done inbetween FATEs as much as you like, though they require not being in a FATEs party. so you can do #9 while waiting for duty finder to make a dungeon/guildhest party. You can also turn in sidequests, though it's not recommended using duty finder
while actively doing a story quest or anything Fate party related.

Overall, Sidequests, Dungeons, Class/Job Guild quests, a combination of the
highlighed ones provide a consistent generation of EXP, with a variety of things to do besides
FATEs. If you do pure FATEs, you get lots of EXP, but if you wanna get EXP other ways, that list shows a number of ways to still get decent EXP rates.

omg thanks alot xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
---
No pain No gain
#4Godly_GoofPosted 9/19/2013 8:45:35 AM
Northern Thanalan is the best end game spot to FATE grind speaking from experience.

DD (I forget it's exact name ATM but its east of Ceruleum.) Is the BEST FATE to grind of you have a party. Just stand near the entrance of it and spam AoE on the trash mobs as they come. If done right you net like 250k exp just from those and then it's another like 60k from the rest of the chain minimum. Went from 48-50 in like 2 hours there :3
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#5ULokiPosted 9/19/2013 8:51:47 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Northern Thanalan is the best end game spot to FATE grind speaking from experience.

DD (I forget it's exact name ATM but its east of Ceruleum.) Is the BEST FATE to grind of you have a party. Just stand near the entrance of it and spam AoE on the trash mobs as they come. If done right you net like 250k exp just from those and then it's another like 60k from the rest of the chain minimum. Went from 48-50 in like 2 hours there :3

Not sure how people can get over 250k exp from that place when place is overcrowded all the time. You'll always be fighting for tags between parties. The most I got from that place was 170k xp total 4 chains of fates and that's with a good team already.
#6Godly_GoofPosted 9/19/2013 9:09:09 AM
ULoki posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

Not sure how people can get over 250k exp from that place when place is overcrowded all the time. You'll always be fighting for tags between parties. The most I got from that place was 170k xp total 4 chains of fates and that's with a good team already.

We got really lucky :P

Got 3 runs in with no competition and a group full of AoE heavy jobs.

Even still on bad runs we still usually got around 150kish which is about 5 good end game fate runs (like Chimera's 35ishK exp reward) worth or like 8 normal Fates worth
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#7NewGuy1887Posted 9/19/2013 9:41:28 AM
xenosaga123 posted...

1. Large party FATEs

that "guide" is crap, i have no idea why everyone uses it and it is sure why some of those areas are now overcrowded. horizon is not a good area for level 1+ players, they are better off in any low level area grinding regular enemies and fates until levels closer to 10.

generally any area with fates that are around a players level are good, coerthas in particular would be good if it was not overcrowded but i do not know why eastern thanalan is not even mentioned, it is very good for teen levels and the north east is very good for level 25+ because of a 4 part fate (attack on bridge prelude,1,2,3) and 3 other level late 20s fates (manifest destiny, hare one, one in north east with plants) all spawning very often.

coerthas is never good to fate farm because it is so crowded, it is a complete waste of time compared to other level 30-40 areas now.
---
Polish, 23, i shoot guns, i play Final Fantasy
#8xenosaga123Posted 9/19/2013 9:46:54 AM
Even crowded areas are good, lock on to targets you can see and use the fastest/instant spells/attacks, and some aoes.

Even with healer I can contribute and get 10k+ exp each time. and 40k+ for some of the better ones.

DPS/Tanks can get more, but overall, there's more than one way to make use of them and level up quickly.

Yea it does help to be in a party, especially Full Party so you get bonus EXP from their kills as well.
#9xenosaga123Posted 9/19/2013 9:47:18 AM
Also your party doesn't need to tag a mob first to get decent exp. It all adds up.
#10ULokiPosted 9/19/2013 9:53:13 AM
NewGuy1887 posted...
xenosaga123 posted...

1. Large party FATEs

that "guide" is crap, i have no idea why everyone uses it and it is sure why some of those areas are now overcrowded. horizon is not a good area for level 1+ players, they are better off in any low level area grinding regular enemies and fates until levels closer to 10.

generally any area with fates that are around a players level are good, coerthas in particular would be good if it was not overcrowded but i do not know why eastern thanalan is not even mentioned, it is very good for teen levels and the north east is very good for level 25+ because of a 4 part fate (attack on bridge prelude,1,2,3) and 3 other level late 20s fates (manifest destiny, hare one, one in north east with plants) all spawning very often.

coerthas is never good to fate farm because it is so crowded, it is a complete waste of time compared to other level 30-40 areas now.

I agree with the coerthas comment. It's a completely awful leveling place. Not only is it huge, but its ALWAYS overcrowded. Enemies dies without a single glimpse of them. Other place are tolerable.