I don't want to accept the fact that I don't want to play the game I hyped...

#11solosnakePosted 9/19/2013 10:01:04 PM
Go back to GTAV TC, if you dont like the game, dont play it. Simple as that.
---
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://thankyouchrishansen.com/
#12ROGUE408Posted 9/19/2013 10:04:07 PM
Yea she needs to quit her crying already...
#13FF14_BABEYY(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 10:05:19 PM
Wow the top 2 posters on page 2 are clearly butt hurt that I have a different opinion than them... I'm just opening up a discussion that is QUITE relevant to this game and genre. Damn trolls.
---
My ARR Character:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1682235/
#14pprincessPosted 9/19/2013 10:06:16 PM
There are 3 paths that are all equally important in this game, Battlecraft, Tradecraft and Fieldcraft. Of course everyone can play how they want, but it seems like the people grinding Battlecraft up to 50 and then dungeon grinding for gear are missing 2/3 of the game and getting burned out.

Tradecraft and Fieldcraft are where the money is, Battlecraft isn't. I've been using my Weaver to create Tradecraft and Fieldcraft armors, most of them sell in the marketplace for 500+ gil or more and take 30 seconds to make. The ones I've made have all sold in less than 5 minutes. Gil comes in like crazy, I'm never out. I've got two retainers making plenty of money for me while I work on the goals that interest me. I'm leveling several Trade/Field jobs and all of them have opportunities in the marketplace, I know that because I've been buying items posted by people in trades I haven't picked up yet.

Give the Battlecraft a rest, TC. Play your game every night just doing trades and setting up your retainers to sell. Meet with them in the Inn every day to collect your cash and give them more stuff to sell. When the game has more content, go back to battling. I'm certain the current dungeon sets aren't going to be the last great armor/weapons to get, this is only the start. The gear you're grinding now will be out of date at some point.
#15ProcyanPosted 9/19/2013 10:07:15 PM
daddymoney posted...
Procyan posted...
no, really, thats an mmo dude. if the goal of clearing content for better gear isnt appealing to you, then mmos arent for you

The problem is you are clearing content for TOKENS. It just takes the fun out of a dungeon when you know for sure you arent getting anything immediately out of it.

they will fix the gil problem, and it will be similar to other mmos. after a certain point thats all dungeons are good for, points, tokens, whatever. would it be better if garbage dropped randomly that wasnt for you with a chance at something that was slightly better that would get replaced very quickly?
---
PSN and XBL: CloudStrife768
3DS FC: 4511 - 1054 - 7640
#16K4P_LinkPosted 9/19/2013 10:08:08 PM(edited)
Sorry TC but you sound like an impulsive 8 year old. I could easily predict this since i've seen your posts at the beginning that you would post something along these lines like you have in this topic. Maybe this just isn't for you.
---
Ever Infinity - WAR/PLD - The Maelstrom (Gilgamesh)
#17insinceremelodyPosted 9/19/2013 10:13:38 PM
vivi21 posted...
As long as the community's better than DCUO I'll stick with it for as long as I can.

That's actually part of the reason I started playing FFXIV. The DCUO community is just terrible. On top of that, Nexus and Paradox are just horribly designed and buggy with useless loot tables. They tried to fix their mistake with Sons of Trigon but it just wasn't enough to get me, and a lot of others, to keep dealing with ghetto trash in PUGs.
---
http://www.infinityburst.wordpress.com
#18SyggysPosted 9/19/2013 10:18:05 PM
You won't have fun if you focus more on getting the loot than actually enjoying the content. Thats the nature of an MMO with a RNG loot system.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#19JanayBerryPosted 9/19/2013 10:19:10 PM
In some cases, DC Universe is set to where you can't do some content until the next day, or next week even.

For me, while stupid at first, I tend to get excited when it's time to do the content again rather than being able to spam it back to back.

I believe if FFXIV had this system, people going for Relics or whatever wouldn't be spamming then saying they are bored or have nothing to do.

On another note, I have been playing the game since it was first accessible to me starting with Phase 3 beta, and my highest level is 43 due to personal time. This "time" keeps me wanting more. I be at work, and reading much FFXIV content to hold me over.

Considering also that I seem to get into dungeons easier as BRD vs my WHM is also giving me more vigor to continue playing (been playing Healer Role in MANY games prior, so doing damage is refreshing).

I don't know, man. I have been following your posts here in the FFXIV board, and I really wasn't expecting this from you at all.

*DISCLOSURE*
If you decide to leave, come to Malboro, and send me all your items lol...KIDDING!
---
PSN ID: Jim_Berry
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
#20FF14_BABEYY(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 10:24:22 PM
JanayBerry posted...
In some cases, DC Universe is set to where you can't do some content until the next day, or next week even.

For me, while stupid at first, I tend to get excited when it's time to do the content again rather than being able to spam it back to back.

I believe if FFXIV had this system, people going for Relics or whatever wouldn't be spamming then saying they are bored or have nothing to do.

On another note, I have been playing the game since it was first accessible to me starting with Phase 3 beta, and my highest level is 43 due to personal time. This "time" keeps me wanting more. I be at work, and reading much FFXIV content to hold me over.

Considering also that I seem to get into dungeons easier as BRD vs my WHM is also giving me more vigor to continue playing (been playing Healer Role in MANY games prior, so doing damage is refreshing).

I don't know, man. I have been following your posts here in the FFXIV board, and I really wasn't expecting this from you at all.

*DISCLOSURE*
If you decide to leave, come to Malboro, and send me all your items lol...KIDDING!

Tbh the game was very promising and it is very polished but... It just really hit me like a brick wall. The end game monotony. Grinding tokens too. And I think once you're in end game for a couple weeks your opinion on the game will really be formed.
---
My ARR Character:
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1682235/