Wait, does this really have a single player campaign?

#1HakuMan111386Posted 9/22/2013 8:07:37 AM
Does it? I saw something saying it did. Am I wrong or what here? Do you need to play online to enjoy this or no?
---
Name: ANTJF Brawl Friend Code: 3093-6768-2145
PSN: Scorpion1386
#2GhetsisPosted 9/22/2013 8:11:38 AM
No. It's an MMORPG.

Maybe you're thinking of Dragon Quest X. That had a very limited single-player mode.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3Tatsu751Posted 9/22/2013 8:31:49 AM
HakuMan111386 posted...
Do you need to play online to enjoy this or no?

This game requires online because it is part of a genre that is very community-based, from the economy to mob spawns.
#4RaiziellPosted 9/22/2013 8:37:47 AM
There is a main storyline, very much like playing a single player Final Fantasy. However, you do need to be online to play this game. At certain points in the story questing, you need to join groups to complete dungeons, but aside from that, it can very much be done alone.

I repeat though, you must be onlne to play. I do suggest at least using the first free month to play through the main story, as it is pretty decent.
#5Sharpened_DirkPosted 9/22/2013 9:02:11 AM
Ghetsis posted...
No. It's an MMORPG.

Maybe you're thinking of Dragon Quest X. That had a very limited single-player mode.

don't listen to this guy^

Yes there is a single player story campaign, however throughout the campaign it will force you into a few mandatory groups (at least 5 dungeons, and 3 boss battles that I can think of off the top of my head)

The rest of the story is single player, and it even has small single player instances where you couldnt even bring a friend if you wanted to.
---
360GT: Ricasti. I don't give a crap if you're new or don't know what you're doing, you can always play online with me ^_^
#6MHettenbachPosted 9/22/2013 9:26:26 AM
Sharpened_Dirk posted...
Ghetsis posted...
No. It's an MMORPG.

Yes there is a single player story campaign, however throughout the campaign it will force you into a few mandatory groups (at least 5 dungeons, and 3 boss battles that I can think of off the top of my head)

The rest of the story is single player, and it even has small single player instances where you couldnt even bring a friend if you wanted to.

This actually kinda annoys me, some of those fights I coulda really used help on, and I know I'm not alone. Yesterday I was bored and spent a good hour just inviting people to group before the story quest battle at the guardian tree, and giving them Protect / Stoneskin before they went in :)
#7Sharpened_DirkPosted 9/22/2013 9:29:13 AM
MHettenbach posted...
Sharpened_Dirk posted...
Ghetsis posted...
No. It's an MMORPG.

This actually kinda annoys me, some of those fights I coulda really used help on, and I know I'm not alone. Yesterday I was bored and spent a good hour just inviting people to group before the story quest battle at the guardian tree, and giving them Protect / Stoneskin before they went in :)

the thing about those fights, is they're tutorials. they're designed to make you work hard as your class, pick the right targets, manage yourself and npcs, dodge things. they're there to teach you :D
---
360GT: Ricasti. I don't give a crap if you're new or don't know what you're doing, you can always play online with me ^_^