is this game worth getting

#1fallenangel2100Posted 10/4/2013 8:10:55 PM
I dont play online much and i hate pay to play but is this game good as a solo player im looking for a new rpg game to kill time
---
Psn-Godkuma
#2LordVhaerunPosted 10/4/2013 8:23:56 PM
Then no, this is a terrible game for a solo player who hates pay to play and doesn't play online much ;p
#3fallenangel2100(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 8:27:12 PM
Can i get a decent answer without the hints of trolling

Im being serious despite the pay to play aspects is this a good game to try out
---
Psn-Godkuma
#4RoxionnePosted 10/4/2013 8:30:42 PM
I haven't played the game yet (I'm planning to though), but from what I've heard and read from reviews, it's well worth it. Plus, you get the first month free which is a good enough incentive for me to try it out (you have to pay $40 for the disc or digital, of course).
#5MMX377Posted 10/4/2013 8:34:37 PM(edited)
fallenangel2100 posted...
I dont play online much and i hate pay to play but is this game good as a solo player im looking for a new rpg game to kill time

Yes, it's a good game. This game is better and improvement than FFXIV 1.0. Some reviews from Magicbox, IGN, and others are better (8.5 - 9.0, Four stars, etc) than 7.5 or lower. Not perfect, but much better. The system and gameplay are improving since the disastrous FFXIV 1.0. The problem is no longer with this game, all thanks to the new director/producer, Naoki Yoshida, and his trusty dev team. They can listen to fans by feedback and can fix some problems and add some new features for the fans and the players to find out. Duty Finders, Levequest, and quests aren't bad, but you need more friends to beat some powerful bosses like Ifrit, Titan, and Odin. Gold Saucer and others they're working on it will coming soon, so stick around because you never miss it!

Above all, it is indeed worth of it. Definitely worth of it.

---
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory in SF3
#6LordVhaerunPosted 10/4/2013 8:34:15 PM
Can i get a decent answer without the hints of trolling

Im being serious despite the pay to play aspects is this a good game to try out

So was I. It's entirely online so if you don't have a connection capable of that then you're already out on that. You could theoretically do just the main scenario, but you'd have to group up with people to do portions of it so if you're militantly solo that's a deal breaker. And there would be times you'd have to grind out levels, since the main quests are simply not enough to get you to the next level to do the next set of quests.
#7fallenangel2100(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 8:36:19 PM
Roxionne posted...
I haven't played the game yet (I'm planning to though), but from what I've heard and read from reviews, it's well worth it. Plus, you get the first month free which is a good enough incentive for me to try it out (you have to pay $40 for the disc or digital, of course).

Thanx roxxie that was helpful from another soon to be player but im kinda hoping for some advice after the free month is up the only other mmo rpg i played was WKC2 and even then i played it mostly offline solo can the game still be good and enjoyable as a solo offline game?

Cuz honestly the $$ i have will either go to a new game or pay my phone a couple weeks early
---
Psn-Godkuma
#8Tatsu751Posted 10/4/2013 8:41:19 PM
LordVhaerun posted...
Then no, this is a terrible game for a solo player who hates pay to play and doesn't play online much ;p

I'm sorry, but this sums it up.

MMOs are not games meant to be played alone, and there's not much to do solo-wise.

Also the WKC series are not mmos. It's more of a Monster Hunter/Dark Souls than a mmo.
#9LordVhaerunPosted 10/4/2013 8:44:02 PM
i played was WKC2 and even then i played it mostly offline solo can the game still be good and enjoyable as a solo offline game?

There is no 'solo offline game' in this game. It's an MMO so it's entirely reliant on internet. You can 'solo' but it's not a game you can 'finish' - least of all until PVP comes out since some of the trophies rely on that.
#10fallenangel2100(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 8:45:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys and sorry for thinking you were a troll bad experience when asking questions so ive kinda become a pessimist but ok pure online huh?

Well i might cop this game later then cuz hopefully i might move and get much better internet than my current provider
---
Psn-Godkuma