What's the fastest way to level up 30-50?

#1xcall1burPosted 10/22/2013 1:03:59 AM
Currently level 32 paladin.. I'm finding it such a grind..
All I'm doing is new guildheists when they show and the main story missions

Any tips?

Thanks so much in advance!
---
"What do you give the man who has everything?A poison pill."FinalFantastic5
---PSN:R4Z0rB1Ade755 -- Guardian Cross IGN: A1m1ghtyy - ALT: Xcalliburr
#2AtzenkillerPosted 10/22/2013 1:34:41 AM
eh, what? you mean you haven't even finished story mode and you're finding it tedious? just do some side quests. the only time where it should be tedious to level up is from 47 to 50
#3xcall1bur(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 1:44:14 AM
Atzenkiller posted...
eh, what? you mean you haven't even finished story mode and you're finding it tedious? just do some side quests. the only time where it should be tedious to level up is from 47 to 50

It feels like I've done all the side quests..
It seems to just be taking so long lol
---
"What do you give the man who has everything?A poison pill."FinalFantastic5
---PSN:R4Z0rB1Ade755 -- Guardian Cross IGN: A1m1ghtyy - ALT: Xcalliburr
#4AtzenkillerPosted 10/22/2013 2:17:42 AM
i was slightly overleved from doing all the sidequests for about half of the game. later i left most of them for when i'd level a new character but i still didn't have any problems. are you doing dungeons from time to time? have you done the guildhests at least once? i don't know what to tell you otherwise. maybe you're rushing it too much. i assume you know that you're not supposed to get your first class up to 50 before reaching the end of story mode
#5darthjerroPosted 10/22/2013 2:21:46 AM
xcall1bur posted...
Atzenkiller posted...

It feels like I've done all the side quests..
It seems to just be taking so long lol

I know right lol
I think we should just start at lvl 49, so we have to grind out 1 lvl.

Seriously, who actually wants to play the game, i dont, id rather just load it up and alt tab to something else, hopefully a macro that would raid for me would work lol
#6Godly_GoofPosted 10/22/2013 4:27:53 AM
Go to Costa de Sol and farm Fates till 35 then go to Coerthas till about 45 and then Northern Thanalan (Ceruleum Processing Plant) to 50. Takes a while but it's rather effecient.
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#7thewindninjaPosted 10/22/2013 4:38:34 AM
Do every side quest you can find. Do every guildheist. Explore every region fully! Do the story and finish your hunting log. You'll have to fate grind a few time, especially from 47-49. The story picks up at 49 and you won't be far from 50 at that point.
#8PurestProdigyPosted 10/22/2013 5:01:11 AM
Do that hunting log bro. If you pass a fate don't just run by it to get to something else. Participate in any you come across.

Don't forget about Job Quests either.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#9junctx_materiaPosted 10/22/2013 8:21:41 AM
"Go to Costa de Sol and farm Fates till 35 then go to Coerthas till about 45 and then Northern Thanalan (Ceruleum Processing Plant) to 50. Takes a while but it's rather effecient."
^this.

the fates in those areas are pretty good for 8k to 10k, too. the side quests in all those areas should be completed, too.
#10GhetsisPosted 10/22/2013 9:12:40 AM(edited)
Godly_Goof posted...
Go to Costa de Sol and farm Fates till 35 then go to Coerthas till about 45 and then Northern Thanalan (Ceruleum Processing Plant) to 50. Takes a while but it's rather effecient.

I really wouldn't suggest Coerthas (for FATEs, at least) to a PS3 player. That place is waaaaay too crowded. I'd suggest just sticking to Costa del Sol until 38, then moving to Mor Dhona until the low-mid 40s.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?