being a dragoon sucks :(

#11GeisnPosted 11/16/2013 7:45:49 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Everyone wants my Dragoon. But then again I'm apparently somewhat famous for actually playing my class really well and my gear is ridiculous so ..... I may be an exception...

kids and their imagination, lmao
#12ElbowMoldPosted 11/16/2013 6:51:25 PM
They probably needed a aoe class for plumes.

Wp wants aoe classes so they can chain pull and obliterate everything at once.

AK is better for single target DPS like monk and dragoon.
---
Remember Kids, STDs is NOT like Pokemon....You're NOT supposed to catch them all.
#13thelovemonkPosted 11/16/2013 7:53:02 PM
Black Mages and bards are able to attack from a distance where are Dragoons and Monks need to be up close.

Healing is a pain when the DD needs hand holding as well as the Tank.
---
Pokemon X FC: 4656 - 7048 - 7357
#14cirus 7Posted 11/17/2013 2:07:36 AM
lmfao u sound like the drg i took in my coil static. he had everyone in his old FC whine about him being drg, so he leveled pld and war to 50, and joined a better fc, the one im in.
then he gets geared and +1 on his drg, and i took his drg for my coil static, im a much more geared pld then either of his tank jobs. the point being they are idiots, drg is plenty useful if played well and correctly. he has both tank jobs leveled now because people told hm drg sucked, and now he is a coil running drg thats made it to turn 4 both of his first 2 weeks, and doesnt even use either tank job because his drg has already gotten his first allagan drop.

personally, im a pld with 6549 hp (in party with food), and im leveling drg for my 2nd job. its bad players that make people think drg is bad.
---
psn id "rajas".
#15dragonkyn20Posted 11/18/2013 10:24:27 AM
Comes with the job buddy. DRGs are looked down upon quite alot even though they are a very useful job for their piercing damage buffs. For now, best plan of action is to spend your time leveling another class to increase your chances of finding a party. Like for myself, I was originally a DRG, but recently leveled up a PLD and I'm now working on WAR for patch 2.1
---
PSN: dragonkyn20
Anyone up for some expository banter?
#16HavokuPosted 11/18/2013 11:16:16 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Everyone wants my Dragoon. But then again I'm apparently somewhat famous for actually playing my class really well and my gear is ridiculous so ..... I may be an exception...

Oh, I know you! You're um... You're uh... Shoot it's on the tip of my tongue.
---
PSN: Nero_Heist
"Remember kids, if you're responding to someone on Gamefaqs forums more than once, you've already lost!"
#17E2I_GOD(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 11:36:01 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

Dont do drugs folks
#18littlecletusPosted 11/18/2013 2:52:38 PM
This is disheartening.
I am working towards a Dragoon.
This thread got me thinking about changing that now.

Meh...probably not. I am never much of an end game MMORPG guy anyway.
I do enjoy a raid here or some dungeon runs there (if those even exist in FF XIV), but you can find me fishing more often than you will find me raiding.
---
Are you a bug, Bill Murray?
#19Mikey_RPosted 11/18/2013 2:59:01 PM
Honestly. I've seen some really good Dragoons and some really bad, but that goes for all classes. Dragoon tends to be picked out because they are the more common of the 2 melee DPS. It also doesn't help when they are next to the enemy, obviously putting them in everyone's sight, so any mistakes are easily spotted, as opposed to a ranged DPS who will most likely be out of everyone's sight except the tank and possibly the healer.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#20Emo Preppy KidPosted 11/18/2013 3:11:46 PM
people want dragoons (and monks) for certain things and don't want them for others.

WP speed run, Garuda and to a lesser extent ifrit groups do not want dragoons because they are looking for aoe dps, whether BRD, BLM or SMN (or WHM), for a) faster clears b) plume duty and c) aoe LB, respectively.

coil groups want a dragoon or monk for their single target LB, which makes certain turns (namely 1 and 4) easier.

more generally, especially w/r/t the more difficult content, if given the choice between a ranged dps and a melee dps (and assuming, if they need a melee dps, that they already have one) people will tend to go with the ranged dps since their dps is less hampered by having to constantly move out of aoe. the good news is that melee dps are getting a buff for this very reason so they might become more desirable in the future.

if you like the class, play it. there is no stigma surrounding any class -- with the exception of warrior -- strongly ingrained enough to consistently prevent you from getting groups
---
I wanna have me a phat yacht.