Does Titan HM, as a battle, have more lag than usual?

#1Sparta19Posted 11/18/2013 9:53:57 AM
This isn't a trick question, and i'm trying not to sound like a whiner (hence on the word trying, i'm actually whining a little bit), but topic title. Maybe it's because of the lethality of his attacks, and unlucky latency spikes, but it seems that Titan HM is a lot more laggy than usual. In comparison to other 8-man instances, even Ultimate Weapon has more stuff going on your screen but doesn't seem to suffer as much lag.

What caused me to make this topic was an incident last night, so we're in P2, very simply stuff, no need to fret. So Titan starts to charge Landslide, and i'm a DRG so I move to the right, hit a Heavy Thrust to take the time to recharge my buff, and proceed to his backside to start a Chaos Thrust combo....until Landslide knocks me off the map, on the opposite side of his aim.

So my initial reaction is "BS!!! /rage" but I instantly apologize to the team for dying in P2 and also ask if anyone else saw that. To my surprise they did, they saw me run around and get knocked off anyway, so they were cool with it and willingly wiped to restart.
---
And on the 8th day God said "Let there be fivehead!" and it was good. - wonderbreadman
#2ULokiPosted 11/18/2013 10:06:06 AM
Here's how it goes on my screen.

See people right in the middle of a plume -> Initial reaction: "OH that guy is dead haha" -> No damage -_-

See the plumes/Landslide right away and move out of its way -> Initial reaction: "LOL as if. Try again brah" -> See character in the ground lifeless.
#3PitchBlackFoxPosted 11/18/2013 10:38:59 AM
it does feel that way, also the first boss in wp, i can never dodge those aoes even if im running when it starts casting
---
"I would gladly put up with that fairy around my rod if it knew when it started to bend and wiggle." - FF14 board user
#4E2I_GODPosted 11/18/2013 10:47:33 AM
On ifrit i see the same thing, people in the plumes or explosion about to erupt, and nothing happens lmao. Sometimes ill be attacking and get randomly killed only to have some animation go off a few seconds later. My favorite is when i die standing up lmao
#5AtzenkillerPosted 11/18/2013 11:08:37 AM
yep, same thing happened to me a few days ago. i saw the landslide area and ran through titan to avoid it. was already far behind him when it hit me and threw me of the platform, about the opposite direction of where the landslide was actually aiming at
#6Mr_Fury32Posted 11/18/2013 11:28:09 AM
what really ****'s me off is the reaction you get, "??????? NOOB!! try avoiding the attack!!" or "the red AoE thing, GET AWAY FROM IT!!"

yeah, thanks Einstien, would NEVER have though of that in a million years!

its like they have never lagged in their online exsistance and if you happen to have problems like that, your a noob, your internet connection sucks or they just out right leave (best option for jerks like that...)

this fight in NORMAL is damn near impossible, i remember recording it, along with someone from my FC and compared the two next to each other, i was TWO SECONDS OUT OF SYNC!

On my end im in the safe zone, so i stop reaply buffs, the usual while waiting for Tit-an to land his attack, BUT on my buddies screen i barely move out of range at all, its only when he does he Geo Crush/Landslide combo it, it ends with me learning to fly... and failing to do so as i land at the bottom of the crevice, with no way of joining the fight again.
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#7Godly_GoofPosted 11/18/2013 11:55:08 AM
Ya Titan HM is always like that :/

Have been tanking him on a regular basis lately and have seen some really stupid things with lag. Saw someone have a landslide spawn at them, they ran out of it, all the way around behind him, and then STILL got hit. And then the one guy saw it and raged on him and I simply said "dude, he obviously moved he went in the complete opposite direction of the LS so their is no way possible to say he didn't move..."

And then the one plume that was .... Just damn weird... We had a WHM get targeted by a plume. He ran out of it and over to the other range DPS and healer who grouped up for P5 to avoid plumes better. When the WHM plume triggered they all died. I still don't understand this AT ALL. And no they weren't standing in a plume and no one else in the group was targeted.

And when I DPS that fight ya I have to move like 2 seconds before he even starts casting to evade most attacks when I have 0 input lag and no one else is lagging on my screen and 0 other lag issues. It's really friggen stupid :/
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#8Sparta19(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2013 12:11:30 PM
ULoki posted...

See people right in the middle of a plume -> Initial reaction: "OH that guy is dead haha" -> No damage -_-

See the plumes/Landslide right away and move out of its way -> Initial reaction: "LOL as if. Try again brah" -> See character in the ground lifeless.

What server are you on Loki?

Oh, and btw, I also do the preemptive dodge, at this rate i've made so many attempts at this fight I have his sequences memorized. Still no Titan win though, I haven't managed to find a successful party on my server yet, "PUGz 4 lyfe yo". I want my relic so bad that i'm on the verge of buying a win >_>
---
And on the 8th day God said "Let there be fivehead!" and it was good. - wonderbreadman
#9ULokiPosted 11/18/2013 12:21:00 PM
Sparta19 posted...
ULoki posted...

What server are you on Loki?

Oh, and btw, I also do the preemptive dodge, at this rate i've made so many attempts at this fight I have his sequences memorized. Still no Titan win though, I haven't managed to find a successful party on my server yet, "PUGz 4 lyfe yo". I want my relic so bad that i'm on the verge of buying a win >_>

Goblin. I preemptive dodge as well. I've done Titan numerous times in DF and memorize when Landslide, plumes and bombs are coming. Was thinking of putting a party alert message as a macro, but too lazy to do it lol.

Just buy the run if its taking too long. Now worth the trouble trying titan over and over just cause you can't find a good team. Gil is of no use atm anyways
#10Mikey_RPosted 11/18/2013 12:54:11 PM
On Titan HM the only attack I have problems dodging (when I'm acting as DPS) is his plumes. I can evade Landslide without having to pre-empt it easily.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/