Player Commendations

#1buppyspekPosted 12/18/2013 8:57:22 AM
Another thing I am enjoying with this new update is the Player Commendation system for duties. I ran 2 dungeons last night and received 3 commendations!

However, if you leave the dungeon right away, nobody can leave a commendation for you! I tried to leave one for a great Bard I ran into when i did the duty roulette, but I couldn't because she had already left the dungeon. I ended up giving it to the tank because she was much better than the stupid pugilist who kept running into packs of mobs before the tank.

I think it's a cool way to get recognition for a job well done. I wish this had existed last week when I ran into the best DRG ever.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the new player commendation option?
---
Get off my lawn.
#2SRP76Posted 12/18/2013 9:20:38 AM
I got one, and managed to give out 2 in 3 dungeons I've done. Same problem, people flying out asap.

I guess many people just don't care about these things. RushrushRUSH through the dungeon, and to hell with all else. They just want the rewards.
#3Karu4LinkPosted 12/18/2013 9:24:53 AM
I think it's a great idea! I got one yesterday, but I don't think many people bother with it as I noticed that people seem to drop party before the loot chest is even opened in WP. However, I do wish that you could still give commendations when you enter DF with a party. I mean, I understand WHY they don't let you do it, but it's still irritating. I ran WP with my husband the other day, and we had a FANTASTIC tank, but neither of us could commend him because we went into DF together. I hope SE will eventually fix it so you can still give commendations, but just not to the people you're partied with or something.
#4SuperZayPosted 12/18/2013 9:40:46 AM
Got 6 as a BRD so far, all from Wolf's Den even from loses. Just don't rush to quit to get one.
#5buppyspek(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2013 11:13:27 AM
Karu4Link posted...
I think it's a great idea! I got one yesterday, but I don't think many people bother with it as I noticed that people seem to drop party before the loot chest is even opened in WP. However, I do wish that you could still give commendations when you enter DF with a party. I mean, I understand WHY they don't let you do it, but it's still irritating. I ran WP with my husband the other day, and we had a FANTASTIC tank, but neither of us could commend him because we went into DF together. I hope SE will eventually fix it so you can still give commendations, but just not to the people you're partied with or something.

I agree. I get that you can't just run dungeons with friends and rake in the commendations. But I think that if there are any random duty-finder people in your party, you should at least have the option to offer a commendation. How hard can it be to just keep people from a pre-formed party from commending each other? We don't have a lot of healers in my FC right now, so a lot of times it's just 3 of us and we use DF to get a healer. They are often very good healers.

But I still think the fact that any commendation system exists is a good thing.
---
Get off my lawn.
#6WanDiamondPosted 12/18/2013 11:55:40 AM
I'm loving the thought that my effort actually stood out and I'm not just another healer.

I got 6 commendations solo healing Titan HM, maybe I should just let the other healer die all the time in pugs.
#7nfobiaPosted 12/18/2013 3:46:14 PM
Indeed this is a great feature. I'm usually very self-critical and blame myself easily so it was nice to get two commendations from haukke hm run today.

I guess some people just dont know about that if they leave dungeon fast, they cant get any coms. Its still a very new feature.
---
FFXIV: ARR (PS3) - Cerberus (EU) / Reuben Dreadnought -
Feel free to add!
#8superboy1281Posted 12/18/2013 3:50:46 PM
Its not that big a deal. Sure it gets you a mount, but then we have a lot of those already. I always rush out of dungeons, cause you know, time is money ;)
---
PSN superboy0081
#9ULokiPosted 12/18/2013 3:53:57 PM
superboy1281 posted...
Its not that big a deal. Sure it gets you a mount, but then we have a lot of those already. I always rush out of dungeons, cause you know, time is money ;)

Same here..now that they released all these stuff, I don't have time to waste and wait for someone if they will give me commendations...I haven't even started my myth farming cause frigging minfilia asked me to do all her errands!!!!!!
#10hippiecritePosted 12/18/2013 3:57:23 PM
I somehow got one for being the first to die in PvP lol.
---
FFXIV: ACN (50)/CNJ (35)/THM (39)/ARC (50)/PGL (15)/GLA (21)/MIN (50)/BTN (50)/FSH (50)/ALC (50)/WVR (41)/ARM (16)/CUL (15)/LTW (20)/CRP (15)/GSM (50)