Player Commendations

• Topic Archived

User Info: buppyspek

buppyspek
3 years ago#1
Another thing I am enjoying with this new update is the Player Commendation system for duties. I ran 2 dungeons last night and received 3 commendations!

However, if you leave the dungeon right away, nobody can leave a commendation for you! I tried to leave one for a great Bard I ran into when i did the duty roulette, but I couldn't because she had already left the dungeon. I ended up giving it to the tank because she was much better than the stupid pugilist who kept running into packs of mobs before the tank.

I think it's a cool way to get recognition for a job well done. I wish this had existed last week when I ran into the best DRG ever.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the new player commendation option?
Get off my lawn.

User Info: SRP76

SRP76
3 years ago#2
I got one, and managed to give out 2 in 3 dungeons I've done. Same problem, people flying out asap.

I guess many people just don't care about these things. RushrushRUSH through the dungeon, and to hell with all else. They just want the rewards.

User Info: Karu4Link

Karu4Link
3 years ago#3
I think it's a great idea! I got one yesterday, but I don't think many people bother with it as I noticed that people seem to drop party before the loot chest is even opened in WP. However, I do wish that you could still give commendations when you enter DF with a party. I mean, I understand WHY they don't let you do it, but it's still irritating. I ran WP with my husband the other day, and we had a FANTASTIC tank, but neither of us could commend him because we went into DF together. I hope SE will eventually fix it so you can still give commendations, but just not to the people you're partied with or something.

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
3 years ago#4
Got 6 as a BRD so far, all from Wolf's Den even from loses. Just don't rush to quit to get one.

User Info: buppyspek

buppyspek
3 years ago#5
Karu4Link posted...
I think it's a great idea! I got one yesterday, but I don't think many people bother with it as I noticed that people seem to drop party before the loot chest is even opened in WP. However, I do wish that you could still give commendations when you enter DF with a party. I mean, I understand WHY they don't let you do it, but it's still irritating. I ran WP with my husband the other day, and we had a FANTASTIC tank, but neither of us could commend him because we went into DF together. I hope SE will eventually fix it so you can still give commendations, but just not to the people you're partied with or something.

I agree. I get that you can't just run dungeons with friends and rake in the commendations. But I think that if there are any random duty-finder people in your party, you should at least have the option to offer a commendation. How hard can it be to just keep people from a pre-formed party from commending each other? We don't have a lot of healers in my FC right now, so a lot of times it's just 3 of us and we use DF to get a healer. They are often very good healers.

But I still think the fact that any commendation system exists is a good thing.
Get off my lawn.

User Info: WanDiamond

WanDiamond
3 years ago#6
I'm loving the thought that my effort actually stood out and I'm not just another healer.

I got 6 commendations solo healing Titan HM, maybe I should just let the other healer die all the time in pugs.

User Info: nfobia

nfobia
3 years ago#7
Indeed this is a great feature. I'm usually very self-critical and blame myself easily so it was nice to get two commendations from haukke hm run today.

I guess some people just dont know about that if they leave dungeon fast, they cant get any coms. Its still a very new feature.
FFXIV: ARR (PS3) - Cerberus (EU) / Reuben Dreadnought -
Feel free to add!

User Info: superboy1281

superboy1281
3 years ago#8
Its not that big a deal. Sure it gets you a mount, but then we have a lot of those already. I always rush out of dungeons, cause you know, time is money ;)
PSN superboy0081

User Info: ULoki

ULoki
3 years ago#9
superboy1281 posted...
Its not that big a deal. Sure it gets you a mount, but then we have a lot of those already. I always rush out of dungeons, cause you know, time is money ;)

Same here..now that they released all these stuff, I don't have time to waste and wait for someone if they will give me commendations...I haven't even started my myth farming cause frigging minfilia asked me to do all her errands!!!!!!

User Info: hippiecrite

hippiecrite
3 years ago#10
I somehow got one for being the first to die in PvP lol.
FFXIV: ACN (50)/CNJ (35)/THM (39)/ARC (50)/PGL (15)/GLA (21)/MIN (50)/BTN (50)/FSH (50)/ALC (50)/WVR (41)/ARM (16)/CUL (15)/LTW (20)/CRP (15)/GSM (50)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived