game reg question

#1fata1586Posted 12/20/2013 6:55:37 AM
Ok so my friend has bought ff14 through psn while it was on sale preemptively to upgrade later to ps4. Now... I am trying to play on a ps3 I have. I have the game on my system cause I downloaded it from his brothers account. After now learning it isn't possible to use my info on his psn name and I can't even open the game on my name cause it asks for a registration code.

So the friend I initially mentioned had only bought the digital copy and hasn't done anything with it...and all. Is it possible that I can use his reg code on my psn account? If so where does one find the digital copy codes because it doesn't seem to be included in any emails
#2SyggysPosted 12/20/2013 6:59:18 AM
The digital copy doesn't come with a code. It registers you automatically when you buy it. Even if he had a code from the physical copy you still wouldn't be able to use it a second time. You won't be able to play unless you buy the game yourself.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#3fata1586(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 7:10:29 AM
Oh ok I was just asking cause I have a Se account from 1.0 and I downloaded his brothers digital copy and asked for a reg code when trying to hop on thru my psn name ... so does this mean that if I wanted to play I'd have to by my own digital copy... If so do I have to unis tall AAR and all the updates that came with it?

Can I also just buy a reg key online?
#4SyggysPosted 12/20/2013 7:17:58 AM
fata1586 posted...
Oh ok I was just asking cause I have a Se account from 1.0 and I downloaded his brothers digital copy and asked for a reg code when trying to hop on thru my psn name ... so does this mean that if I wanted to play I'd have to by my own digital copy... If so do I have to unis tall AAR and all the updates that came with it?

Can I also just buy a reg key online?

Nah you wouldn't have to install it again. You can't get a code online, only comes with the physical copy, but you could buy the digital version off PSN and skip the download, then start the game and it should go through the normal registration process.
---
UK/EU
PSN: SygBoss
#5fata1586(Topic Creator)Posted 12/20/2013 7:30:15 AM
Ahhh ok cool I don't mind really dropping the money for it I guess with how easy transitioning with 11 was I thought there had to be a way lol