Looking for friends

#1jg9350Posted 3/18/2014 9:59:20 AM
Hi!

I started playing a few days ago and it's my first time with a MMO Final Fantasy. It's a great game -but all I do is by myself. I try talking to people and emoting, but they never respond...

Kinda makes me wonder why even bother to play it online if nobody is willing to interact. :\

Anyway, my PSN is GusPhoenix, feel free to add me :)

Also, I'm trans - male-to-female - so if that offends you, don't waste your time by adding me just to insult me.

Thanks for reading!
---
3DS FC: 3480-3721-4894
#2Solid_BelmontPosted 3/18/2014 10:20:55 AM
jg9350 posted...
Also, I'm trans - male-to-female - so if that offends you, don't waste your time by adding me just to insult me.

Why would that offend someone?? O_o
If anything I would find stupid people and jackasses more along the lines as a general offense to mother nature and humanity itself XD

Anyway what server are you on and how far are you in the game??

I play on Cactuar if you happen to be on that server.
---
Stop reading my signature and go make your own.
#3jg9350(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 10:40:28 AM
Solid_Belmont posted...
jg9350 posted...

Why would that offend someone?? O_o
If anything I would find stupid people and jackasses more along the lines as a general offense to mother nature and humanity itself XD

Anyway what server are you on and how far are you in the game??

I play on Cactuar if you happen to be on that server.

I'm very early in the game, lvl 13 Pugilist. I play on Ultros, but I can create a new char, considering I haven't sunk much time into the Pugilist yet (she looks awful too hahaha).

Any suggestions? I like playing mages on most RPGs, oh and Healers too - but I am kinda scared with the amount of pressure for healers to be perfect in their strategy when playing FFXIV - or so I have read around here.
---
#4espen_nepsePosted 3/18/2014 10:54:43 AM
Well if you want to come to alerts there are plenty of people willing to help. Just need to join an fc. This will change ur gaming expm
---
Espen nepse on Zalera server
#5Amethyst85Posted 3/18/2014 11:00:33 AM
jg9350 posted...
Any suggestions? I like playing mages on most RPGs, oh and Healers too - but I am kinda scared with the amount of pressure for healers to be perfect in their strategy when playing FFXIV - or so I have read around here.

It's not that bad. People talk about how toxic the community is but that hasn't been my experience at all. There are always jerks, but for the most part people tend to be nice and helpful.
---
It is not my job to be right. It is my job to be wrong in new and exciting ways. - James Kennedy
Dame Amethyst - Knight of the Order of Odd-Fish
#6Solid_BelmontPosted 3/18/2014 12:02:08 PM
jg9350 posted...
I'm very early in the game, lvl 13 Pugilist. I play on Ultros, but I can create a new char, considering I haven't sunk much time into the Pugilist yet (she looks awful too hahaha).

I have a level 15 lancer in that server I haven't used in ages XD

Mmm well if you would like to join us in Cactuar you are more than welcome, our FC is friendly and we try to help new people as much as we can. If you like pugilist you can continue pugilist(Monk is my favorite job)but if you also like mages our FC lacks healers for end game content so you would be a good asset to the FC. This is my toon,you can take a peek at our FC as well.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3010867/
---
#7jg9350(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 12:06:50 PM
Done! I'll be playing on Cactuar as Mimi Mewkaskas, the Conjurer xD
---
#8Solid_BelmontPosted 3/18/2014 12:32:56 PM(edited)
jg9350 posted...
Done! I'll be playing on Cactuar as Mimi Mewkaskas, the Conjurer xD

Cool I'll look for you when I get home from work tonight.

I'm guessing Mimi is a Miqo'te XD

Our FC is VERY Lala oriented with Miqo'tes, I am 1 of the few Hyurs lol.
---
#9Amethyst85Posted 3/18/2014 12:45:30 PM
Solid_Belmont posted...

Ha ha. My FC is the opposite. It's almost entirely miqo'te, a few hyurs, and just a handful of everything else. I'm one of the only lalafells in my entire FC.
---
It is not my job to be right. It is my job to be wrong in new and exciting ways. - James Kennedy
Dame Amethyst - Knight of the Order of Odd-Fish
#10Solid_BelmontPosted 3/18/2014 3:26:06 PM
Amethyst85 posted...
Solid_Belmont posted...

Ha ha. My FC is the opposite. It's almost entirely miqo'te, a few hyurs, and just a handful of everything else. I'm one of the only lalafells in my entire FC.

Lol cool.

The Lalas in our FC tend to bully the rest of us around, they refer to us as dirty Hyurs and filthy cats XD
---