Can you solo to max level cap?

#1akechi419Posted 6/12/2014 12:12:15 PM
i played 10 yrs of ff11 but cant dedicate my time like i use to with RL and all. Can you go solo I really want my ninja and samurai back for ff14
---
PSN ID: Arkangel419
#2ResidentGear31Posted 6/12/2014 12:21:36 PM
Yes but thats not efficient. Just doing one dungeon roulette a day will get you a level a day. Thats like 45 minutes a level but only be done once a day.
#3EvelynEvelynPosted 6/12/2014 12:23:31 PM
Sure if you want to FATE grind, however it's not as popular as it used to be.

Your best bet would be to use duty finder for dungeons, however the queue will be hell again.
#4blurxaccPosted 6/12/2014 5:28:29 PM
What's the popular way to get to 50 now from level one?
#5Amethyst85Posted 6/12/2014 5:58:47 PM
It's technically possible but it's not advised. Following the story is pretty much required (almost all level 50 content is gated behind the main story quests) and the story forces you into dungeons fairly often.
---
It is not my job to be right. It is my job to be wrong in new and exciting ways. - James Kennedy
Dame Amethyst - Knight of the Order of Odd-Fish
#6HavokuPosted 6/12/2014 6:48:12 PM
blurxacc posted...

Duty Roulette/Highest level unlocked dungeon as a tank or a healer.

Kinda sad too, because to an extent, low-level FATEs have no purpose anymore.
---
PSN: Nero_Heist, FFXIV: Norimu Zorimu (Brynhildr)
PSN: Havoku - Claire - 70 - Sorcerer
#7AtzenkillerPosted 6/13/2014 12:23:08 AM
this game has the duty finder which puts you in a group with other players queueing for the same content as you. it's easy and hassle free and depending on the server you choose it doesn't take nearly as long as everyone wants to make you believe, even as a dps class. so if you were concerned about having to find a group yourself to do anything that should solve your problem. this game is extremely casual friendly in general
#8Sir WillPosted 6/13/2014 11:34:19 PM
Also, ninja isn't being added for several months and plays much different than FFXI (like most of the jobs). SAM hasn't even been announced yet so no telling when we'll get it.
---
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
#9CoconutMayPosted 6/14/2014 4:02:08 AM
Define "Solo"

In XIV there's an auto group finder, so it's not like in 11 where you need to personally look for people to party with. It's also easier to level in general than it is in 11.
---
Have you seen my sisters? Last I saw them they were standing in a row. They are quite lovely.
#10PurestProdigyPosted 6/14/2014 6:20:29 AM
blurxacc posted...

For first class, story accented by sidequests and duty roulettes.

For alt classes, duty roulette accented by Beast Tribe quests and sidequests you missed on your first class.

Challenge Log is recommended as well.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]