Game's released, can you post your feedback?

#11triple sPosted 2/1/2013 10:11:48 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
triple s posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not sure about you guys, but right around 72pfs, i stop seeing the difference.

but it's better than that 30fps on console. but it's impressive they got it to run at 30fps.

I don't think you have a 120hz monitor though. If you don't, you really can't see anything past 60fps because a 60hz monitor won't allow you to "see" anything past that. A consistent 60fps is what I would call super smooth. A consistent 120fps is what I'd call ULTRA smooth.

I've played on 120Hz monitors before. Playing KOF XIII was abysmal on it. it felt like i was playing online but the guy was right next to me. we've played PC games on it that can run at higher fps, my eyes start to not notice it in the 70's. I can't speak for everyone though. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time playing on 120Hz monitor to notice the difference after 72-74fps??

I'm almost positive that you are talking about a 120hz HDTV, which is not the same as a 120hz monitor. KOF XIII is only 60fps, so you wouldn't see any added benefits using a 120hz monitor even if you did. 120hz HDTV does not accept a 120hz input. 120fps is nowhere near as huge a game as 60fps is to 30fps, but it is an overall smoother experience.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#12TentazionePosted 2/2/2013 2:43:34 AM
The game isn't as good as Crash Team Racing in my opinion, but it's still great.

As for PC version... Playing smoothly on my 5yo computer with settings maxed out. I'm using an old PS One gamepad with x360ce program. No problems whatsoever.
#13KrootahnPosted 2/2/2013 10:47:49 AM
i5 750, amd 5850, 4gb ram playing perfectly here

Pretty great game. Gets more fun when you unlock stuff and get some friends to play online. Might write a full review later on.
#14bodaciousboxxyPosted 2/2/2013 2:35:50 PM
MashYouGood posted...
Kart racer for kids only. Works fine and has good multiplayer options (grand prix in s/s, too), but the game simply lacks any finesse when it comes to its core gameplay- really simplistic, dumbed down and weapons centric.

This video game genre is sadly a pale shadow of its former Super Mario Kart / Diddy Kong Racing self.

Did you even play this game? It puts Mario Kart to shame and it's just as great as Diddy Kong Racing and Crash Team Racing.
#15wEEman33_VIPosted 2/3/2013 12:10:31 PM
How do you adjust the video settings in this game?

All I see are sound options and control options?
---
Nothing is not
#16MilsoPosted 2/3/2013 12:33:16 PM
MashYouGood posted...
Kart racer for kids only. Works fine and has good multiplayer options (grand prix in s/s, too), but the game simply lacks any finesse when it comes to its core gameplay- really simplistic, dumbed down and weapons centric.

This video game genre is sadly a pale shadow of its former Super Mario Kart / Diddy Kong Racing self.

This is an odd opinion. If you don't like it fair enough, but I wouldn't simply brush it off as a kids game. The game is ruthlessly difficult and doesn't apologise for it. There are also no "blue shell" style weapons, everything can be avoided with enough skill and there's no rubber banding.

It definitely has flaws though, some of the course design is a little questionable, the weapons are randomly bizarre and the PC version seems to be having some crashing issues.

All in all, it's a very solid package though. Definitely worth the discounted PC price.
---
rawr
#17Davel23Posted 2/3/2013 8:20:04 PM
wEEman33_VI posted...
How do you adjust the video settings in this game?

All I see are sound options and control options?

Right-click the game in your Steam library and select Configure.
---
Your mom's box.
#18BizzyBumPosted 2/9/2013 11:10:06 AM
triple s posted...
It feels link a whole new game compared to the 360 version because 60fps just makes it feel great. Now I do have one beef, I have a 120hz monitor and I am capable of playing the game at 120fps(and above) but if you don't have vsync on(which locks the game to 60fps) it plays choppy as hell.

Yeah, I was disappointed to find this out, too.

I don't even see an .ini file I can edit to change it, so I guess I have to play at 60 FPS cap.
---
I'm bored at work...