Best way to start out?

#1teirPosted 12/17/2012 11:09:55 PM
The most I've done is get a baseball bat and binoculars. I've gone to a few places like the rifle whatever and that ranch but I can't find anything and or do anything. I don't see any possible way to enter these places without a gun. Where should I go first and what should I do?
#2KGhaleonPosted 12/18/2012 1:52:19 AM
I'd suggest jumping on a server with fewer people, at night you don't have to worry much about bandits as the servers are pretty empty. Hit popular spots to find good weapons...Echo, helicopters, airport, etc.

Before entering a town, you should stay a distance and use your binocs to see if anyone else is running around. You should be safe as long as you don't run into someone camping or a sniper.

If you find alot of good weapons, you can store your loot at a safehouse(circled on your map)
#3baachusPosted 12/18/2012 6:56:22 AM
Can you access stored items even after you die?
#4RedBearPandaPosted 12/18/2012 12:20:46 PM
baachus posted...
Can you access stored items even after you die?

Only in a safe zone. Plus be aware you don't always spawn into a safe zone in fact its about a 50-50 chance to spawn in a safe zone.
---
"God has no religion" Gandhi
"I like your Christ. But I do not like your Christians. So unlike your Christ" Gandhi
#5Eclypse9810Posted 12/18/2012 12:45:24 PM
These buildings are the ones with usual weapon spawns (they can spawn in other points too, such as in random civilian cars, but here's the "hubs") :

Police Station
Restaurant
Small Market
Large Market
Post Office
Clinic
Police cars (especially parkerville/clearview)

Most towns on the map have a mixture of these. The longer you spend in a town, the higher the chance someone else is going to come, and they're not friendly. Clear out the good spawn points, then move on. Don't be wasting time checking every corner and porch when you're alone, even though you might miss the occasional item. There's also military sites which spawn military-grade weapons, but they're rare and you'll probably want to deposit them ASAP, not really something you'll want to be running around with, especially with the number of hackers.

Also, unless you know what you're doing, avoid these areas :

Norad Military Base
Frosty Pines Resort Town
Campos/Parkerville
Clearview
Smallville
Echo's Compound
Camp Splinter

These are extremely popular points on the map, mainly due to their proximity to safe zones and rather good loot spawns. There are also a few hot spots for server hoppers, such as Delta peak and the helicopter crash site (north of clearview) and all of the locations above. If you go to these spots, you have to assume there are people in or nearby them, looking for your loot. 95% of the time, they will have rifles or shotguns, and probably a few friends too.

Not saying never go to these spots, as the best loot is always found on players, and players are almost always found in these spots. But if you're starting out and still learning the ropes, stay away.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
#6sunnyshadeyPosted 12/18/2012 3:22:23 PM
what are the safe zones called, and how do you know them ? i just bought the game and went to the blue ridge settlement and got chased down so I'm a little confused
#7Eclypse9810Posted 12/18/2012 3:46:00 PM
sunnyshadey posted...
what are the safe zones called, and how do you know them ? i just bought the game and went to the blue ridge settlement and got chased down so I'm a little confused

The red circles indicate safe points.

Here's an interactive map. Select what you want to find, and it will show it to you.

http://warz.neon-gaming.de/

You can also turn on loot spawn points. Green indicate general loot, which includes some guns like pistols and shotgun and some carbines (i know I found an M4 Semi in a general loot spot before), medical supplies, melee weapons, backpacks, ammunition, and food/water. Orange are police spawn points, which have rarer guns (basically a in-between mix of civilian and military, including some rarer rifles like ak-74m's and several snipers), medical supplies, food/water, ammunition and body armour. Military spots include all of the above plus rarer weaponry and attachments, such as TAR rifles, silencers, etc.

Keep in mind a military spawn point doesn't mean that every item can spawn there. For example, in the crashed heli site (http://warz.neon-gaming.de/#2|1360|6464) only weapons spawn (usually five-sevens and sig p226's for pistols, m16's, m4 Semi's, M4's, MP5's, MP7's for primaries). On the other hand, Camp Splinter usually has hats. A lot of them.

Yeah, I think I forgot to mention. Hats spawn everywhere.

Everywhere.
---
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.