So far the game is pretty good

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
  3. So far the game is pretty good

User Info: ChronoSeraph

ChronoSeraph
4 years ago#11
Being punished for dying ONCE per stage is hard on my OCD. Hard for me to get into it but if you can look past that it's a fun platformer. The jumping puzzles and such aren't too insane like.... uhh.. super meatboy *rolls eyes*

User Info: Marioface5

Marioface5
4 years ago#12
I like it, but I feel like the later stages need some serious adjustments. There really aren't enough checkpoints for some levels, and replaying a long section over and over again just because of a small part at the end isn't fun. Also, the bosses should definitely be their own levels. And, I think, should die faster. In Donkey Kong Country you died in two hits, but the bosses were quick so it wasn't a big deal. In this game boss fights (particularly the last one) take far too long to justify such easy death.

Overall I think it's a good game, but it's hard for the wrong reasons a lot of the time. A lot of the deaths feel cheap, and there's way too much trial-and-error.
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5

User Info: Koishi_Komeiji

Koishi_Komeiji
4 years ago#13
I agree that boss fights should have their own level. Only had a few issues with getting enough stars - getting almost all the gems nets me 3 stars, then not dying more than X times gets me 1 (I think I died 20 times on one stage and still got a star once). Quite a fun game so far, but I'm only on 2-4 right now.

I do get the Donkey Kong Country Returns vibe from the game, with shades of Ikaruga for the perfectionist color-shifting. Love it so far.
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.

Koishi_Komeiji
4 years ago#14
On 3-4 now. I felt that the second half of world 2 was easier than the first, for the most part. Been a few nasty parts in world 3 thus far, but not as bad as DKCR.

Then again, there's still 7 stages left. Plenty of time for it to get really hard.
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.

Koishi_Komeiji
4 years ago#15
Ouch. Last few stages were quite a bit harder (with some segments approaching cheap), and the final boss was just brutal. Gets easier when you figure out how to dodge his attacks effectively, but at several points I was wondering if I'd even be able to beat him at all.
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.
  1. Boards
  2. Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
  3. So far the game is pretty good

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived