So far the game is pretty good

#11ChronoSeraphPosted 12/1/2012 8:57:51 PM
Being punished for dying ONCE per stage is hard on my OCD. Hard for me to get into it but if you can look past that it's a fun platformer. The jumping puzzles and such aren't too insane like.... uhh.. super meatboy *rolls eyes*
#12Marioface5Posted 12/3/2012 10:41:09 AM
I like it, but I feel like the later stages need some serious adjustments. There really aren't enough checkpoints for some levels, and replaying a long section over and over again just because of a small part at the end isn't fun. Also, the bosses should definitely be their own levels. And, I think, should die faster. In Donkey Kong Country you died in two hits, but the bosses were quick so it wasn't a big deal. In this game boss fights (particularly the last one) take far too long to justify such easy death.

Overall I think it's a good game, but it's hard for the wrong reasons a lot of the time. A lot of the deaths feel cheap, and there's way too much trial-and-error.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#13Koishi_KomeijiPosted 12/20/2012 3:39:39 AM(edited)
I agree that boss fights should have their own level. Only had a few issues with getting enough stars - getting almost all the gems nets me 3 stars, then not dying more than X times gets me 1 (I think I died 20 times on one stage and still got a star once). Quite a fun game so far, but I'm only on 2-4 right now.

I do get the Donkey Kong Country Returns vibe from the game, with shades of Ikaruga for the perfectionist color-shifting. Love it so far.
---
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.
#14Koishi_KomeijiPosted 12/21/2012 2:29:14 AM
On 3-4 now. I felt that the second half of world 2 was easier than the first, for the most part. Been a few nasty parts in world 3 thus far, but not as bad as DKCR.

Then again, there's still 7 stages left. Plenty of time for it to get really hard.
---
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.
#15Koishi_KomeijiPosted 12/24/2012 2:02:15 AM(edited)
Ouch. Last few stages were quite a bit harder (with some segments approaching cheap), and the final boss was just brutal. Gets easier when you figure out how to dodge his attacks effectively, but at several points I was wondering if I'd even be able to beat him at all.
---
I'm not with you.
You're not with me.