Jiyuna CP Tier List

#41sasukebotPosted 1/30/2013 4:22:25 PM(edited)
^ Wow. Those are some varied A and B tiers...

At least the S tier is sorta solidified...
#42NorseFTXPosted 1/30/2013 4:36:35 PM
Zaigou posted...
Yes, but you can only stand something for so long. As an example, I can call you a "moron" (not doing that for real, just giving an example) and you can just shrug it off with a laugh...at first. But if I keep doing that every day, non-stop you will burst. Every person has a point where they can no longer stand something. Some have a longer fuse than most, but ultimately, experience something negative enough times and you will react to it negatively in turn. The same goes for losing with the character you like. It is why I advise to at least have a back-up plan of sorts.

I like Tsubaki (she's 2nd to worst in Extend in most tier lists), and have played something like 3000 games since I first started BB back in February 2012. I think I lost something like 2000 of them (lots of losses when I first started, since I was new XP), and I'm still slowly trying to improve.
As a side note, a Japanese Tsubaki player has won several prolific BBCSE tournaments in a row (Konan).
So--! That's proof to me that it's possible to be awesome with one of the "lowest tier" characters in the game. If I lost repeatedly, I'd blame my own skill rather than my character's tier.

You say someone will break after losing enough. Mm...yes, I suppose I agree. I'd add something to that, though--if you break, you have a choice. Persist, or change your goal. It all depends on what you really want.

For me, I decided to play BB to become an awesome Tsubaki player, so I stick with her. I probably wouldn't be playing BB if Tsubaki didn't exist in the game. =P
#43IAmMC2Posted 1/30/2013 5:28:35 PM
StormTR posted...
That R-1 of all people didn't even rank Noel in his ranking is actually kind of hilarious. That being said though, I admittedly can never support a Tier List that has my waifu Noel, in low B let alone C tier (when they're the bottom ones). Especially when to me she looks mid if nothing else.

They definitely made Noel's mid look S tier in this game if you catch my drift.

Anyway I actually dropped Arakune between CT and CS because of nerfs and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's not because I don't like him, far from it. There's nothing to be ashamed of if you drop a character because you can't play them comfortably. If anything the developers are to blame for overdoing nerfs on characters that don't need to be garbage tier. A good example is Gen who was already low tier in SF4 before they nerfed him in Super.
---
RIP CM Punk's credibility, murdered by The Rock. 2002-2013.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#44TheSuspectedPosted 1/30/2013 5:55:49 PM
IAmMC2 posted...
Anyway I actually dropped Arakune between CT and CS because of nerfs and I'm not ashamed to admit it. It's not because I don't like him, far from it. There's nothing to be ashamed of if you drop a character because you can't play them comfortably. If anything the developers are to blame for overdoing nerfs on characters that don't need to be garbage tier. A good example is Gen who was already low tier in SF4 before they nerfed him in Super.

Arakune may have gotten nerfed, but I felt like he was better overall in CS-CSEx. Yeah, the lost of 1 hit curse was tragic, but he's still damned amazing.

As for characters purposefully being made garbage, what about Tager? One of my biggest issues was him losing guard primer moves. A big guy that doesn't hit hard (in a sense that turtling against him is bad)? That was the biggest nerf to him in my eyes. That doesn't matter in the new system though.
---
PSN: NaRD2ndG | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nard2ndg | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg
GameFAQs P4A board 'Random Button' mainer!
#45ZaigouPosted 1/30/2013 7:01:27 PM
NorseFTX posted...
I like Tsubaki (she's 2nd to worst in Extend in most tier lists), and have played something like 3000 games since I first started BB back in February 2012. I think I lost something like 2000 of them (lots of losses when I first started, since I was new XP), and I'm still slowly trying to improve.

Then you are a stronger person than I. If I had 2000 losses on my belt I'd have just packed it in and called it quits on fighting games (maybe even gaming as a whole). And no, this isn't in any way criticism of your decision. Quite frankly I'm impressed since that sort of drive and dedication is seldom seen these days.

NorseFTX posted...
As a side note, a Japanese Tsubaki player has won several prolific BBCSE tournaments in a row (Konan). So--! That's proof to me that it's possible to be awesome with one of the "lowest tier" characters in the game. If I lost repeatedly, I'd blame my own skill rather than my character's tier.

I think people are misunderstanding what I meant. I never said that after X amount of loses you'd blame your character and their tier for them. No, I meant simply resenting their placement. As in you wish they were stronger but are stuck with what you got. I'm well aware how good Konan's Tsubaki is. Much like how I know Goro's Makoto is a beast (pun unintended). I never claimed you couldn't win with a low tiered character. Only that to get to that point you'd need to pour in much more effort, time, talent into them and hope things work our for the best as opposed to picking a more viable option.

NorseFTX posted...
You say someone will break after losing enough. Mm...yes, I suppose I agree. I'd add something to that, though--if you break, you have a choice. Persist, or change your goal. It all depends on what you really want.

Believe me, I know all too well what it means to lose non-stop with a character you happen to enjoy and not progressing whatsoever. Back in CS I wanted to play Makoto. But no matter what I tried, nothing worked and I ultimately had to go back to my scrubby Haku-men. Now we're in CP and I even made a thread to try and decide which character I should switch to. I ended up with Bullet as my #1 choice (with others as back up) but her tier placement has me worried, especially since I am a horrible player.

NorseFTX posted...
For me, I decided to play BB to become an awesome Tsubaki player, so I stick with her. I probably wouldn't be playing BB if Tsubaki didn't exist in the game. =P

Then best of luck to you in your endeavor.
---
PSN: Luminos564. ~And now for: Card games....ON MOTORCYCLES.~
#46Azure_lKitePosted 1/31/2013 3:06:04 AM
Zaigou posted...
NorseFTX posted...

Then you are a stronger person than I. If I had 2000 losses on my belt I'd have just packed it in and called it quits on fighting games (maybe even gaming as a whole). And no, this isn't in any way criticism of your decision. Quite frankly I'm impressed since that sort of drive and dedication is seldom seen these days.

She has the burning passion of a thousand white suns.
I never saw someone with so much willpower, specially in a game that's easy to be utterly crushed by more experienced players such as BlazBlue. Being discouraged is a pretty common thing.

Anyway, on the whole tier matter, while I'm sorta sad every character I like is usually on low B's (with the only exceptions being Nu in BBCT and Ragna on Extend , of course I want my characters to be mad good on a overall consensus), ultimately, skill will always speak higher. IMO if you think someone is not viable just because they're low on the list you're not trying hard enough, looking up matches from high level players who are amazing with those "bad characters" is proof of that.

I... Still think Hazama needs to be hit with the nerf bat relentlessly though.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#47DeathVelvienPosted 1/31/2013 5:05:13 AM
Zaigou posted...
Yes, but you can only stand something for so long. As an example, I can call you a "moron" (not doing that for real, just giving an example) and you can just shrug it off with a laugh...at first. But if I keep doing that every day, non-stop you will burst. Every person has a point where they can no longer stand something. Some have a longer fuse than most, but ultimately, experience something negative enough times and you will react to it negatively in turn. The same goes for losing with the character you like. It is why I advise to at least have a back-up plan of sorts.

If two years of playing Tsu at about a 25% win percentage isn't enough to even make me consider dropping her, I don't know what will. I came in with the mindset that I was going to work my way to being an awesome Tsubaki, knowing full well that meant getting my face pounded in repeatedly.

Losing isn't something that's going to make me drop Tsubaki. Not when it's expected, not when she's my favorite character and not when I find her fun as hell to use, even when she's at the bottom of the tier list.
---
Arizona Cardinals: 4-3
BBCSE: Tsubaki/Mu | GGAC+: Order Sol | P4A: Yosuke
#48JakeJupiter3020Posted 1/31/2013 9:10:19 AM
complaining about nerfs, or tiers is kind of pointless. it all depends on your skill as a player tbh, unless you're playing against absolute scrubs. Tager isn't that great of a character, but there's about 3-4 players on 360 that i can't for the life of me beat that play as him.

i main Hakumen and mainly play for fun, so im always getting smacked around by the guys that really know their stuff. i also don't use bursts with Hakumen, which contributes to a lot of my losses.

anyway, as it's been said, if you like a particular character, just play them. after all, it's just a videogame.
---
"who the hell would eat kfc if they could have popeyes. i mean hell kfc is nice but popeyes is on a-whole-nother level" --cornix1 XBL: FLAMING LIPS 79
#49IAmMC2Posted 1/31/2013 10:02:05 AM
JakeJupiter3020 posted...
complaining about nerfs, or tiers is kind of pointless.

No, it really isn't. When there's nothing you can do about a situation the only way to get out your frustration is to complain. I was really hoping this board wouldn't be full of the "TIERS R 4 QUEERS LOL TOURNEYF** XD" type, I'm pretty disappointed. I thought we had Smash boards for those guys.
---
RIP CM Punk's credibility, murdered by The Rock. 2002-2013.
Not changing this sig until Kanji becomes viable in P4 Arena(started 8/21/2012)
#50GemininoiserPosted 1/31/2013 10:27:27 AM
Personally I'd prefer to play a mid tier character. Not to powerful that my wins come from the fact that I play a high level character, and no to weak that it is really hard to win against good players who play high level characters.

Unfortunately for me Jin is S tier. But I'm not gonna drop him, because that's a waste of experience with the character.

What'd Jin even get to make him so good?