Rubber Band AI?

#1heavyacademicPosted 6/8/2013 2:38:36 AM
Dear Folks,

Does anyone know if this game has what I think is called "rubber band AI" where your opponents suddenly catch up if you are ahead or slow down if you drop too far behind. I have very little driving skill but I would like to win or lose on my own merits.
#2TenzhiPosted 6/8/2013 4:59:19 AM
If it's there I haven't noticed it. That's not to say it isn't there, but if it is it's not as overt as the AI in PGR or Run Like Hell...
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#3x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 6/8/2013 12:44:50 PM
I have only noticed rubberband AI on Faceoff events. Otherwise the AI will not catch up on a perfect lap.
#4wolverinerob79Posted 6/8/2013 1:28:19 PM
I don't see much if there's any. Opponents will get far ahead if you do poorly and far behind if you do well. If there's a bunch of opponents clumped, they will bump each other and slow accordingly. Never understood the need to rubber band (and it'd be especially unnecessary in a game with a rewind feature).
#5Mellerker38Posted 6/9/2013 11:00:46 AM
Yeah I agree and I think this game need to be patch to fix the difficulty of events like overtake and faceoff are the two most hated events ever I race in a racing game.
#6LazerLXXVII2Posted 6/10/2013 5:42:26 AM
I don't see anything at all. Rubberband AI is why I could barely tolerate NFS: Hot Pursuit, and I only played NFS: Most Wanted for like 30 minutes before listing it on eBay. To me, this feels like a better polished NFS game without the garbage rubberband AI.

I don't think its in this game, especially since there have been several races where I win by 5+ seconds, including a few where I win by 8-10 seconds.
#7bhamacukPosted 6/10/2013 9:17:15 AM
No rubberbanding I'm pleased to report!
#8Mellerker38Posted 6/10/2013 10:47:44 AM
I do see it in this game and maybe I'm using the wrong car for the event or is it the diffficulty choice should be change.
#995_EclipsePosted 6/15/2013 6:28:00 AM
There is definitely rubber band AI. I got WAY far behind on a 1v1 race against the AI (I spun and sat there in frustration for a few seconds). I then proceeded to run him down in less than 3 seconds, and he was doing about 50 MPH just riding, I could see him from 1/2 - 1 mile away I thought he had crashed until I got closer and saw he was just hanging out, as soon as I got and blew his doors off, he sped back up and was right on my tail.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
MIcrosoft to the fans : "All your games are belong to us!"
#10Frisco557Posted 6/17/2013 5:48:41 AM(edited)
The 1v1 races might be rubberband AI, but I don't notice it in the proper races.

That said I was in a changing route race with the AI when there was a right turn coming up and all the AI decided to take it as a left. I finished the race with a margin of victory of over 2 minutes.
---
Proud owner of an '88 Peugeot.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e14/frisco557/103_0809.jpg