Do you have to get all objectives?

#1OZ_ArchangelPosted 6/11/2013 12:34:34 AM
Do you have to complete all sponsor objectives? Like if you get them all do you unlock something special, or if you skip some objectives do you get stuck on certain events not unlocking that you have to go through the timeline to get them?

The reason I am asking this is because the game gets really hard towards season 4 and 5. I mean Im struggling for the first time. I missed the skullcandy objective to drift 0.8km in a series. Even though I came first in all events I didnt get this so I kept playing it was tough, Im not a good drifter. I hope once I get towards the end I miss out on something because I didnt reach a set fan target
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#2TUSMEnterprisesPosted 6/11/2013 2:01:24 AM
It's funny, I tried that same objective and couldn't get it. I ran that event six times straight trying to get it, but I just couldn't. So, if you do unlock something, which I don't think you do, I won't be getting it. As long as there's no trophy for it, I don't care.

You should be able to get the trophy for 23.5 million fans without it.
---
PSN: TUSMBOX - Alt: SplookenNuggets
Official Dodge Viper of the GT5 Boards.
#3ddggccxxPosted 6/13/2013 9:15:44 AM
i'm convinced the skullcandy objective to drift 0.8km is impossible. if anyone can confirm this or prove it's possible please post the proof as I'm not the only one having real difficulties with this objective
#4LollybombPosted 6/16/2013 10:36:08 AM
A little late, but I just did it. My tactic was on the first round of the event to turn around at the end, and start going the other way. The drift distance counts even if you don't get any points for it.

"Hey rule breaker, race the other direction!"

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a312/Lollybomb/IMG_20130616_143201_360_zps17a62674.jpg

I'm guessing that either the distance is incorrectly listed, or is getting reset between rounds. When I did another objective to pass 45 gates, I didn't get it on the first try. When I went back I got it in the first lap of the first round. So the totals are supposed to save, but I don't think this one is for some reason.
---
I would, but it violates an axiom I live by.
Never do anything phenomenally stupid.