Helmut's Bootcamp missions are really hard.

#1achimedPosted 3/19/2013 1:53:39 PM
What was your setup? I can't for the life of me get ANY of them done.
---
It tickles! It tickles! I knew it, it tickles!
#2GamingEconomistPosted 3/19/2013 11:09:20 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3RukeiPosted 3/20/2013 1:54:10 AM
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t2497-event-helmut-s-bootcamp-for-new-players

That helped out quite a few friends of mine :) Keep in mind lag of any sort (from the phone itself, or even latency) can drastically effect your results. A few of my friends have had an extremely hard time getting Helmut's done for that reason alone, but at heart it's all about the positioning.

If you have a specific mission that causes you problems post and I'll see if I can help, it's been a while since I did Helmut's though so I'd appreciate if you could give me a basic layout or upload a screenshot of it to help refresh my memory of the units/map ^^
#4achimed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 2:48:35 AM
GamingEconomist posted...
Get some stronger cards~ set up unimportant~ =D

They give you a set of units rather than your own.
---
It tickles! It tickles! I knew it, it tickles!
#5GamingEconomistPosted 3/20/2013 3:05:20 AM
LoL been so long ago I forgot they gave you cards! Sorry >.<
---
Horoscopes, check it out ;D
http://www.gamingeconblog.com/
#6achimed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 1:22:57 PM
The guide only helped me with Easy. It was bad for Hard and worthless for Normal.
---
I fight for my friends.
#critical hit
#7RukeiPosted 3/21/2013 2:48:15 PM
achimed posted...
The guide only helped me with Easy. It was bad for Hard and worthless for Normal.

I think Normal is the one with the S shape map where you get a bunch of extremely powerful 6*'s. You need to line things up where you place the units so that they'll hit the mobs twice as they pass through; don't put anything at the very top, and try to put your KB(s) somewhere they have a good chance to hit each enemy in at least two of the three rows. I also recommend putting Diana at the forefront, where she can hit on both the first and second row while also being the first opponent the monsters run into (poison 6 is amazing and will keep them weakened for the others to take care of, and she has a speed ranking of A so she should apply it to nearly everything on the first go around), as well as someone they run into again near the end of the second row.

I don't remember much about hard, but I'll see if I can look into it for you when I have more time.
#8achimed(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:07:30 PM
Rukei posted...
achimed posted...

I think Normal is the one with the S shape map where you get a bunch of extremely powerful 6*'s. You need to line things up where you place the units so that they'll hit the mobs twice as they pass through; don't put anything at the very top, and try to put your KB(s) somewhere they have a good chance to hit each enemy in at least two of the three rows. I also recommend putting Diana at the forefront, where she can hit on both the first and second row while also being the first opponent the monsters run into (poison 6 is amazing and will keep them weakened for the others to take care of, and she has a speed ranking of A so she should apply it to nearly everything on the first go around), as well as someone they run into again near the end of the second row.

I don't remember much about hard, but I'll see if I can look into it for you when I have more time.

Wow, Rukei. The internet needs more people like you.
---
I fight for my friends.
#critical hit
#9RukeiPosted 3/22/2013 6:20:14 PM
achimed posted...
Wow, Rukei. The internet needs more people like you.

Haha, just glad I can help ^_^

For hard I think you'll have to play with the positioning some since I can't go back and repeat it, but the guide has the "general" idea down. You want to put your fast poisoner up at the front, about one tile from the entry point (top/bottom doesn't matter so much), the slow slightly behind (to the left) of the first poisoner (again, top/bottom doesn't matter, and shouldn't at all unless you need two people to go to the same spot), followed shortly by your AOE attacker. From there I'd go 2-3 tiles down and place your last poisoner and knockback right across from each other (about 2-3 tiles from the exit), and just play with the positioning based on what kind of % you get. I can't give you a specific screenshot I'm afraid, but the general idea is there.

Not sure how much that will help, but I remember basing my hard tries around that pattern. It's pretty close to the parts they used on that guide, but not exact. I also believe lag can play a huge part in success/failure on this game sadly, so if your phone/ipod is having issues it can throw off the entire map. Best of luck! If I see anything that shows how to handle it better I'll make sure to throw it this way.
More topics from this board...
Need Allieshuhme17/9 4:14PM