Tips for people buying at GameStop.

#1poofy-wingsPosted 10/22/2012 12:39:01 AM
Hi all. Like most of you on this board, I am eagerly awaiting the release of Style Savvy: Trendsetters. I just want to address some issues that may happen.

First off, this game is not street dated. While the official release date IS Oct 22, this does not mean that the game will absolutely be in the store when they open bright and early at 10am (or in the case of my store 9am). This is because Oct 22 can be construed as a SHIP DATE. I have personally had this as an issue when Harvest Moon: Animal Parade was released and the GameStop that I work at unfortunately did not get it until 2 or 3 days after the SHIP DATE.

However, these things are sometimes a random issue. Sometimes we would get a game several days before the release or other times on the day of release. I know we got Code of Princess a full 4 days before release.

So what I would to give some info for those who are planning on purchasing Style Savvy: Trendsetters at GameStop.

Firstly, I can say that my store currently does not have it. It is not in our back room. And since the post does not run on Sunday it is very likely that we will not have it as soon as we open.

Here is some advice I'd like to give:
Do not call as soon as the store opens. If you have preordered or are planning to pickup the game at GS, I would recommend you call at about 12 or 1. Our shipment typically comes in at about that time so if Style Savvy:Trendsetters is in there they should know by then.

However, there may be a chance that it will not be in that shipment and you will have to call back the next day, also at around the same time.

I do hope this helps. Unfortunely, for games that are not CoD or Assassin's Creed, have a bit of a tougher time. Again sometimes we get them early and others later. Trust me, from someone who plays a couple of not-well-known titles, I do understand the frustration.

All I ask is that you please be kind and courteous to the salespeople working the store. They are not responsible for the shipment of the game. They do not pick and choose what to stock nor when they get it. So please, even if you are upset, try not to take it out on the employees.

I do hope that this was helpful to some of you.
#2pariah164Posted 10/22/2012 12:50:30 AM
Firstly, thank you for this. I do find myself very frustrated due to the fact that it's available RIGHT NOW on the eShop and I can't have it since I reserved it already.. Secondly, I realize it's not GS's fault if we don't get games we preordered; it is Nintendo's fault for giving a release date, then going 'LOL just the ship date *trollface*". They need to learn to send in stock BEFORE release dates hit.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#3Jak7733Posted 10/22/2012 2:13:21 AM
Most likely if they aren't selling it, they don't have it yet. This is common with GameStop, it's happened with me more times than I can count. However, if they DO have it and try to say it's not street date, you can probably call them out on it because I'm downloading it from the eshop right now, so it's legal to sell today.
---
What the hell is a Firioniel? Is that the cable that fits an iFrion? - ponosmcgee on Dissidia Final Fantasy
#4MarbleLilyPosted 10/22/2012 5:31:27 AM
thank you! If the game releases today, then I won't send my system to nintendo - but! if it doesnt then I will. (I can't make up my mind! I wanna play this!!) ^_~
#5PeachxMarioPosted 10/22/2012 5:47:20 AM
the game sold out on amazon :D
#6Tio AutomataPosted 10/22/2012 6:07:02 AM
I preordered from Newegg... it says it's out of stock but they haven't shipped my copy yet. Getting anxious. :X Taking bets on if I cancel my preorder there and just go to Gamestop even though I preordered it at Newegg for $10 off...
---
"I just can't find any good Tony Danza pics to get off to yet!" -Rvddude
#7ohnobetsyPosted 10/22/2012 7:10:13 AM
Tio Automata posted...
I preordered from Newegg... it says it's out of stock but they haven't shipped my copy yet. Getting anxious. :X Taking bets on if I cancel my preorder there and just go to Gamestop even though I preordered it at Newegg for $10 off...

its out of stock pretty much everywhere online. I have no idea whats going on
#8SquirrelettePosted 10/22/2012 7:15:19 AM
My guess would be that it's not actually out of stock, but rather just not in their systems yet because it only released today (and it's barely 10am still).
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#9PeachxMarioPosted 10/22/2012 7:15:24 AM
ohnobetsy posted...
its out of stock pretty much everywhere online. I have no idea whats going on

those people who ordered "Release Date Delivery" on amazon are going to be upset... D:
#10Tio AutomataPosted 10/22/2012 7:41:07 AM
Squirrelette posted...
My guess would be that it's not actually out of stock, but rather just not in their systems yet because it only released today (and it's barely 10am still).

This is what I am thinking, and I hope that is the case. If it is actually delayed I am going to be really upset, and rush to Gamestop.
---
"I just can't find any good Tony Danza pics to get off to yet!" -Rvddude