Am I the only one who thinks this game is pretty darn good?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  3. Am I the only one who thinks this game is pretty darn good?
1 year ago#11
Just finished it, and I liked it a lot. To me, it felt more like Castlevania than the first, plot and character wise. Really like the art direction too
1 year ago#12
its better than the fist game.

once you get like half through it its gets sketchy as to where you need to go.

like the arts district.

agree with other general complaints, they wait way too long to give you demonic wings.

I'd be done with the collectibles by now, if I simply had double jump, which I still have yet to possess.

its a decent game. in no hurry to give them even more $ for the impending dlc,

if you bought all 3 games, it should be free, that's my opinion.
---
la da da dee la dee da da la dee da abracadabra...
la da da dee la dee da da la dee da hocus pocus
1 year ago#13
Bunch of reviewers/gamers nowadays are bunch of whiners. One of the most complained is the fact that checkpoints are not that forgiving. Then don't die in the first place, they are like that to discourage you from dying. And it's not like you die very easy in this game too, I played on the Lord of the Shadow and I died like three times. Two of it because I hit obstacles on the platforming sections of the game. You got plethora of ways to heal Dracula, the Void Sword, the consumables (which you can have up to at least 12 if you use the absorb/transmute function, you don't really need the other consumables maybe except the Dodo).

I like how in this game even bosses can be blocked. Most of the fights feel very fair, you just have to take the effort to focus on the enemies' movements and learn them. Most bosses even only have like 3 to 4 move-sets. There is also the loud bright red signs signifying unblockable attacks that practically screams at your face. I also enjoy that they don't throw annoying quantity of grunt enemies for you to fight, kept if from being repetitive.

The only thing I hated about the game is transforming into a mouse sections. The story is standard-fare but it's par for the course for action games like this where the gameplay is where it's at.
1 year ago#14
This game deserves 85/100.

Long story short, atmosphere design is a master piece, everything feels dramatically beautiful. Gameplay wise i did run into annoying puzzle levels but its not that hard to complete once figured the pattern. And the game ran smooth all the way is definitely great.
---
AMD i386 100MHz, 8MB RAM, Generic VGA graphic, play pong at 60fps
1 year ago#15
Q:Are you the only one?
A: No, my dear. You aren't a special snowflake, just another person with a bad taste.
---
Ill add something here later....
1 year ago#16
I love it. My gripes are aimed primarily at the story. I think they had some really bad pacing near the end. Also, I think there should be a LoS 3.
---
Learn, Think, Play - thegamingmonkey.com
1 year ago#17
I "really really really" don't get the awful reviews it's getting. I've spent over 15 hours in the game (just got the wings) and i'm currently hunting for all the newly available collectibles. And i'm having a great time.

The graphics are amazing on PC, the story isn't any worse than in other games of this kind... the combat is fun...

Voice acting and cutscenes are great too... and personally i don't really mind the "stealth" parts of the game too much.

So WHAT exactly is it that justifies a 2/5? It's not perfect, but for production value alone it deserves to be rated higher...

I've read reviews that condemn it for being what it is... a God of War-esque game in the Castlevania setting... that it doesn't bring anything new... that its boring.

Are you complaining a racing game has cars and all you do is drive in circles? Thats what the freaking genre is about... if it's not your cup of tea don't review it.
---
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool
1 year ago#18
IMO, ummm this game is horrible. Just think about it....Dracula is running around a factor in stealth mode from demons with guns.....Dracula...Prince of Darkness. This game has one cool aspect and that is the combat gameplay. But the timeline drastically takes away from the entire series.
---
I am a PC gamer now, which means I play on the PC.
1 year ago#19
MajinJoker posted...
IMO, ummm this game is horrible. Just think about it....Dracula is running around a factor in stealth mode from demons with guns.....Dracula...Prince of Darkness. This game has one cool aspect and that is the combat gameplay. But the timeline drastically takes away from the entire series.

It's a gameplay mechanic designed to add gameplay variety. If stealth wasnt in there, people like you, who will complain regardless, would be going on and on about how all there is to do in the game is mash buttons through boring combat and look for stuff cuz dracula is too overpowered.

Everything youve said wreaks of shallow, 'me, too,' opinion.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | Seagate 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | RS Challenger Case |
1 year ago#20
I actually quite enjoyed it
---
psn - haron2005 (add me)
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  3. Am I the only one who thinks this game is pretty darn good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived