Adult Only 18+?

#1trollsfirePosted 4/21/2013 6:53:17 PM
Some of the ads for this game proudly proclaim that it is AO 18+ but when I look up information on this game on other websites I don't see anything that would indicate why it is adults only.

Obviously there are scantily clad women but again nothing I've read indicates that there is anything worse to deserve this rating.

Could someone who has played this note why exactly it deserves worse than other games with barely clothed women including such games as DOA extreme beach volleyball, Rumble Roses and even games that have outright nudity such as some of the God of War games and The Witcher 2?
---
Light a fire for a man and you`ll warm him for a few hours...Light a man on fire and you`ll warm him for the rest of his life
#2weapon_d00d816Posted 4/22/2013 12:33:20 PM
I looked it up on the ESRB website and there's no rating for it. Just a marketing ploy like most browser MMO ads.
---
http://i.imgur.com/V7y4saB.gif
SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG SIG
#3darkness1018Posted 4/22/2013 3:20:24 PM
weapon_d00d816 posted...
I looked it up on the ESRB website and there's no rating for it. Just a marketing ploy like most browser MMO ads.

I think you are right.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
GT: Gambit1018
#4CrashGordon94_Posted 4/26/2013 7:08:43 AM
I saw this advert and was wondering exactly this, sounds about right from what you guys are saying. >_>
---
Oh, expecting a signature?
TOO BAD, WALUIGI TIME!
#5CHADbombPosted 4/28/2013 1:54:44 PM
>_>

CUTE! n.n
---
Gamertag - Dr Chadster, PSN - MrB1G
#6EtherstreamPosted 4/28/2013 5:38:56 PM
Even if its not ESRB its most likely 18+ so that they know for sure that you have a Credit Card and can fork over $$
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#7Uglyface2Posted 4/29/2013 4:54:46 PM
The ESRB might be interested in this. There's the little matter of trying to use a possibly copyright-infringing image as a marketing ploy. Notice how it's just a little off? Still.
#8ploodiePosted 5/2/2013 12:41:32 PM
Seems like another browser game did this exact same ploy a few years ago...
#9AngelikMayhemPosted 5/3/2013 11:39:52 AM
Uglyface2 posted...
The ESRB might be interested in this. There's the little matter of trying to use a possibly copyright-infringing image as a marketing ploy. Notice how it's just a little off? Still.

I personally contacted ESRB to get to the bottom of this. They sent me the following e-mail message:

Thank you for contacting the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB).

The ESRB is a non-profit, self-regulatory body that assigns ratings for video games and apps so consumers, particularly parents, can make informed decisions about their suitability for their children.

At this point it appears as though Wartune has not been rated by ESRB. We will address this issue promptly by contacting the game's publisher and appreciate your bringing it to our attention.

Regards,

Entertainment Software Rating Board

Now, keep in mind that the publisher is a Chinese company that is not under the jurisdiction of US copyright law. However, I am concerned that R2 and Kabam are both libel as the beneficiaries. We'll see what happens.
---
I seed dead people
http://xboxminecraftseed.blogspot.com
#10paulo_yamatoPosted 5/8/2013 10:08:11 AM
trollsfire posted...
Some of the ads for this game proudly proclaim that it is AO 18+ but when I look up information on this game on other websites I don't see anything that would indicate why it is adults only.

You would play a game just because its 18+?
---
You see it's been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. The Mohammedan religion too would have been more compatible to us than Christianity. -Adolf Hitler