Food acting weird

#1InzoumPosted 10/3/2012 1:07:44 AM
After I beat the game, I started playing through it again trying to complete the challenges and collections, been at it for about a week, but since a day or two ago, my characters appear to be able to eat large meals infinitely. Digesting food bytes does not cause their food gauge to lock out some available bytes as before, they always have 24 bytes available at the end of each meal.

Now, it seems to me like this is what the "(S) Hollow Leg" sticker would do, but the thing is not actually in my inventory. I never got it. Don't have enough Scarletites.

Is there anything else (threads or otherwise) that could cause available bytes to be locked at 24 like that sticker does, for all characters?

It's slightly game-breaking to be able to eat infinitely before you actually purchase the expensive endgame item that would normally enable that. Not complaining, but it does kind of feel like cheating at this point.
#2electricmousePosted 10/3/2012 11:25:48 AM
The only way to have eat an infinite amount of food is too have the Hollow Leg, there's no other way. I find what your saying hard to believe if you're telling the truth, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. I wouldn't call it game breaking since anyone can easily buy it as soon as you beat the game if you didn't waste all your scarletites.
#3Inzoum(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:37:01 AM
Why would I lie about something like that? That'd be really pointless. I'll take a video of my iPad game running if you're the kind that needs to see to believe.

Contacted Square Enix about it, they're pretty much saying that if I'm getting the Hollow Leg effect as a result of an error, I should take advantage of it, or start a new game.

The thing that really worries me is what'll happen when I actually DO get the Hollow Leg sticker

I like to get to the bottom of such oddities and see what causes them, that's why I'm posting this here, to see if anyone else has had some wonkiness like this.
#4electricmousePosted 10/4/2012 10:55:45 AM
Inzoum posted...
Why would I lie about something like that? That'd be really pointless. I'll take a video of my iPad game running if you're the kind that needs to see to believe.

It's such a random "glitch" that to my knowledge, no one else has experienced before. It's not that difficult to understand why I would doubt that. Either way, I said I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. Stop overreacting >.>
#5Inzoum(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 12:24:09 PM
No one's overreacting :P

I did end up taking a video though:

http://youtu.be/_N8Tr2id6oM
#6arabhero06Posted 10/4/2012 1:30:25 PM
Eh, I wouldn't worry about the sticker itself. If the devs followed standard programming logic, all that getting the sticker should do is turn off one single check the game does to make sure the counter for food should still be on. Once you get the sticker, it'll just set the check to ignore the counter anyway. Enjoy. That's more food you can eat without having to blow 3 scarletites.