Anyone figure out how to get into the locked old pick up?

#1jason9832Posted 6/5/2013 8:57:10 AM
The one in the beginning near ranger station. In my menu it's listed as a car i have or found not sure, but I don't see keys in my inventory.
---
If you get bored and sale or quite playing please give me all your stuff before you do. No point in wasting gold item. -Gamefaqs user
#2Doober2Posted 6/5/2013 8:58:17 AM
keep playing, you'll get the keys for it from one of the missions
---
Currently Playing: State of Decay, F1 2012
#3Oblivion_SlayerPosted 6/5/2013 8:58:18 AM
You get the keys once the old dude at the ranger station dies
---
fenekken is the btes pokrrmon
#4AlgandarsPosted 6/5/2013 8:59:05 AM
Shortly after you return to the ranger camp and you trigger the event to leave to the main area, the keys jump into your inventory :)

***SPOILER ALERT***

There's a short comedy scene where Ed loots the dead guy's body and Marcus and Maya snap at him for it. He steals a radio and the keys :P These keys can then be used inthe truck :)
---
"LetsPlayCatGaming" on YouTube - For "State Of Decay" footage, guides and content! - Out June 5th, 2013 on Xbox Live Arcade - BUY IT!
#5Gmoney-Posted 6/5/2013 8:59:51 AM
Algandars posted...
Shortly after you return to the ranger camp and you trigger the event to leave to the main area, the keys jump into your inventory :)

***SPOILER ALERT***

There's a short comedy scene where Ed loots the dead guy's body and Marcus and Maya snap at him for it. He steals a radio and the keys :P These keys can then be used inthe truck :)

Damn I missed the keys I guess. He took the radio but I just gunned it till I found a station wagon on the highway.
---
All we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357
#6ThisGuy101Posted 6/5/2013 9:03:15 AM
I wrecked that truck when I came to the broken bridge.

...I tried jumping it.

The truck hit the other side and flipped, throwing all three of us out of it. Marcus broke (seruously wounded) his arm lol. Then the truck landed upside down in the water, and exploded.
#7jason9832(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 9:06:28 AM
Ya I was past that point and didn't realize I got keys and a radio. But looks like you can't get it across the river with the bridge out.
---
If you get bored and sale or quite playing please give me all your stuff before you do. No point in wasting gold item. -Gamefaqs user
#8JTomlinson91Posted 6/9/2013 9:38:25 PM
It's possible to jump the bridge with the truck. Just have to gun it and make sure to hit the bridge straight on.
#9AbrasaxZeroPosted 6/9/2013 9:41:56 PM
JTomlinson91 posted...
It's possible to jump the bridge with the truck. Just have to gun it and make sure to hit the bridge straight on.

Cool to know, I gave this a try and well, epic failed my way into the gorge. Guess I didn't take a long enough run at it :). I'll have to give this another try on next run.
#10Talon5967Posted 6/9/2013 9:49:16 PM
I think the main purpose of the truck is the give you some practice driving, and to give you an easy way through the zombies to the ledge you need to climb.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.