Hurt And Tired

#1DemonicSoul19Posted 6/6/2013 5:43:52 AM
how do I rest up when im tired and how do I get rid of hurt to get better? I just got it and im having trouble understanding how the heal and rest works.
#2Doober2Posted 6/6/2013 5:45:12 AM
switch to another character

Doing so will make anyone hurt or tired, take care of themselves.
---
Currently Playing: State of Decay, F1 2012
#3DestinystrikePosted 6/6/2013 5:48:29 AM
Honestly? I ... Just pound some coffee or Trucker Pills. >_>
---
"If Ubisoft and Angelsoft merged companies you'd get a free roll of toilet paper with every new Assassins Creed game" -Me
#4Talon5967Posted 6/6/2013 6:03:15 AM
Doober2 posted...
switch to another character

Doing so will make anyone hurt or tired, take care of themselves.

The problem then is when you have only two characters, and both are hurt and tired. I reached a point last night that Marcus's max stamina was less than half of what it should have been, and his health wasn't much better. But he was still better off than Maya, who had gotten her ass kicked in a survivor mission, and was constantly stumbling when I tried to just walk. This made her unusable.

Then I tried to clear a screamer infestation for the first time. I killed most of the zombies by luring them outside and running them over with a car. Just when I was about to go in to finish the job (if I read the icon on the map right, there would have been only one screamer), a feral comes sprinting across the parking lot and takes Marcus down. I get up only to get jumped by two regular zombies, and then the feral has it's way with him.

At that point I called it, and started over.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#5Chaos GrimoirePosted 6/6/2013 10:44:00 AM
When I restarted because Marcus died by a feral and I was left with a banged up Maya(she got herself hurt on her own while I was playing as marcus) that need to rest 24 hours, which was impossible when I couldn't select anyone else. When I loaded it up today Maya was still banged up, so I guess it's 24 hours realtime, which is rediculous.

Now I restarted and Marcus' AI got him banged up without a single zombie around my base, within about 20-30 seconds of switching to Maya. I'm not sure what happened to hurt him. I fear the game is going to force me to restart again.
#6CarpetfluffPosted 6/6/2013 10:49:22 AM
Chaos Grimoire posted...
When I restarted because Marcus died by a feral and I was left with a banged up Maya(she got herself hurt on her own while I was playing as marcus) that need to rest 24 hours, which was impossible when I couldn't select anyone else. When I loaded it up today Maya was still banged up, so I guess it's 24 hours realtime, which is rediculous.

Now I restarted and Marcus' AI got him banged up without a single zombie around my base, within about 20-30 seconds of switching to Maya. I'm not sure what happened to hurt him. I fear the game is going to force me to restart again.

Sounds like you need to get a couple of early missions under your belt so that you have a couple of options for switching. Honestly though, I managed to bounce between Marcus and Maya for the first few game 'days' with no trouble; you probably just need to calm down and try not to do too much with them each time; it's not Dead Rising and you can't go Rambo for long without having trouble; once you get into the flow it's not too much of a problem. Unless someone dies, and that can leave you struggling, but that's kinda the point of the game anyway.
#7cheezedadadaPosted 6/6/2013 11:05:40 AM
Destinystrike posted...
Honestly? I ... Just pound some coffee or Trucker Pills. >_>

Trucker pills for life..you dont get the withdrawal/hangover if you just keep pounding them.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
PSN - cheezedadadada: my name here + another 'da"
#8Chaos GrimoirePosted 6/6/2013 11:15:24 AM(edited)
Yesterday I was doing fine(other than maya being banged up) until a feral(I think that's what it's called, it was bright yellow and big, with a large red dot on the map) ran up behind Marcus from out of nowhere and killed him in one hit before I could really even react. I was even heading back to the church, and inside the safe zone.

With my current playthrough it was only the second night when marcus randomly got himself into hurt status for no reason. The best guess I have is that he fell off the top bunk in the bedroom(he was tired).