Besieged missions drag on too long.

#11cminusPosted 6/6/2013 11:11:29 PM(edited)
jenova posted...
D_Gryphon posted...
I think that's the point. Being under siege and all.

It wouldn't be a siege unless the besieged had to stay put and wait for the dudes outside got bored and left.

Oh, it's not fun, OP? It's not supposed to be. You're under siege.

Personally, I think they could balance the Besieged missions out a little more. The problem isn't the lengthy time or difficulty, it's that the lengthy time and difficulty seems manufactured because of the poor response of the AI rather than well-tuned mission structure.

The Besieged missions are only difficult because the zombies keep trying to get through one window while the surviving AI repeatedly patch them up, forcing a never ending cycle of the two just standing a wall apart. In the missions I've done the only way I've been able to complete them is by running outside, killing as many zombies at the windows as I can, then getting back inside before I die. Usually it's just a test of how lucky I end up that I don't die in between going in and out. It's only made worse by the fact that the way to simplify the process (shooting through the window) makes it more difficult by attracting outside zombies. And if I run out of ammo it's basically gg.

It should have been one or the other. Either you patch windows until a timer clocks out and the zombies disperse on their own or the AI survivors roll with you to help (so they follow you outside instead of standing inside watching you die). Having the AI do the latter while you're forced to do the former alone is more of a chore than anything. And so far it's the only piece of the game I find tedious rather than fun.
#12devestPosted 6/6/2013 11:15:27 PM
Yea, these missions suck. I keep getting feral zombies and juggernauts (big fat guys). I 'm not doing these anymore.
#13UrbanMessiahPosted 6/6/2013 11:37:48 PM
I found the trick to shorter, easier Besieged missions is to only use firearms against real emergencies, like Big'uns...against Ferals and the standard zombies, melee them to death. The less gunfire, the less nearby and roaming zombies come to join the party and the less time you spend under siege. Also, pick a window and let don't board it up...let zombies come thru and beat them on the way thru the window. One hit usually gives me instant knock down, and I just follow it up with a finisher, then move on to the next customer.

Am I the only one that actually likes besieged missions? Well, daytime ones...nighttime ones are damn stressful...but fun in an odd way. -=x
---
People, this is AMERICA! When push comes to shove? You shove that mother****** under a moving train! (>.<)
#14TinCynic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2013 11:39:45 PM
UrbanMessiah posted...
I found the trick to shorter, easier Besieged missions is to only use firearms against real emergencies, like Big'uns...against Ferals and the standard zombies, melee them to death. The less gunfire, the less nearby and roaming zombies come to join the party and the less time you spend under siege. Also, pick a window and let don't board it up...let zombies come thru and beat them on the way thru the window. One hit usually gives me instant knock down, and I just follow it up with a finisher, then move on to the next customer.

Am I the only one that actually likes besieged missions? Well, daytime ones...nighttime ones are damn stressful...but fun in an odd way. -=x

It's great in concept but the execution could use a little work. I like the idea of keeping the windows boarded up during a time limit, otherwise boarding them up is just counter intuitive. I WANT the zombies to come inside so the other survivors will help out.
#15zinsindettaPosted 6/6/2013 11:43:59 PM
Agreed. They do drag on to long.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta